Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:54 PM

10 posts, read 62,546 times

Advertisements

Is this golf course still shut down? Is it in foreclosure? Is it possible that the course will not reopen and they will build houses here?

I have read somewhere else, that there were other golf courses near bye and they shut them down and built houses. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 01:52 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,661,682 times
i didn't know the course was closed, i do know that it originally had 5 courses, (I believe), but Pulte closed down 2 or 3 to build homes on, this was a few years ago...the only bad thing about the location is the wastewater plants and the horse stables, otherwise it is really nice...

Old 11-02-2008, 03:17 PM

This is the information that I have found but it is over 3 months old.

ReviewJournal.com - Sports - Stallion Mountain club closure leaves several questions

Old 11-02-2008, 06:35 PM

wow, probably pulte is going to buy it up and put houses there...maybe they can make it into a guardgated community with lots of greenery or something of that sort, it is already guardgated...

Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM

I would think that the property values of the houses on the golf course would drop significantly (if they were to get rid of the golf course).

Does anyone know if they are allowed to close this golf course and build houses on it?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:27 PM

well they already closed 3 of the 5 a few years back, and now there's 2 left, which are now closed...they have done it before, so they probably are allowed to...i just think they should leave at least one course left, otherwise what is the real reason to live in stallion mountain?

the problem is that besides you and me, we are pretty much the only people in this forum that are interested in the east side...most of the people on this board for whatever reason live in the Northwest or North Las Vegas (don't kill me (other posters), lol)...

Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,103,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible_Mike View Post
I would think that the property values of the houses on the golf course would drop significantly (if they were to get rid of the golf course).

Does anyone know if they are allowed to close this golf course and build houses on it?
In general they can close golf courses. It can however be complicated.

The course is still owned by the prior owner. When I have a chance I will check to see if the foreclosure is still underway. I would presume so.

At the moment it is likely that the only rational usage is none or as a golf course. Starting a new housing development at the moment sounds pretty dull. If the golf course can bring it more than its operating cost, which I would think likely, it would appear to be better than letting it sit there.

I would think something will happen this or next quarter.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 6,065 times
hi, can anyone involved w/stallion mountain tell me about the managagement company "pacific golf enterprises" who was in charge at the time this course was closed. Did they have anything to do w/this course closing?

Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,428,578 times
Stallion Mountain Country Club??? It sounds like a brothel with men for hire!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:58 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,267,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Stallion Mountain Country Club??? It sounds like a brothel with men for hire!
No, that was going to be Heidi's Stud Farm, but she's not going through with it. Probably because I refused her job offer. I couldn't live on once a night wages anyway.

ReviewJournal.com - News - Heidi Fleiss gives up on plan for brothel for women

I thought Stallion Mountain was one of Billy Walter's courses but I guess I wuz wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas