Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 PM

471 posts, read 624,634 times

Advertisements

Everyone on here almost nevers forgets to mention the dangers of LV. But how bad is it really?

I can understand if I'm out at 2 am in the strip club I should watch my back but during the day time is there still a safety concern?

If I'm in Walmart buying some eggs and milk do I need to be scared of getting robbed in the parking lot if it's past dark?

I don't know, but to me it seems the more dangerous parts are maybe around the stratosphere or just off the strip on Industial Road.

I mean I could be all wrong but this is my hunch...

Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
i really don't think you will be robbed in front of Wal-Mart, the lights are so bright and there's so many other people around...i think the problems are mainly within apt complexes or alleyways (which are few in vegas)

Old 12-01-2008, 12:16 AM

You see now that makes more sense. I was getting the impression that everywhere you went you had to be weary of your surroundings because at any point you could be shot and robbed.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 AM

323 posts, read 788,043 times
I almost got purse snatched in front of the Target in Henderson at 10:00 at night! He must've been the world's dumbest criminal though. On my way in, I noticed this tall, dorky looking guy standing next to the cart return. When I came out, he was still standing there but I was on my phone and didn't give him any attention. As I'm getting to my car, he comes up behind me and starts trying to yank my purse off my shoulder.. I'm not a thief, but even I know if you're going to snatch a purse, you should run past the victim and grab the purse as you're running. You don't come up and try to pull backwards.. Anyways, something in me wanted to fight, so I pulled back in the opposite direction so he pulled in his direction again.. much harder this time. This time, I fell on to my back in the parking lot. He grabbed my purse and ran. I jumped up, grabbed my keys and my phone, told my friend on the phone I'd call him back and hung up. The criminal was trying to get in the passenger side of what I assume was supposed to be his get away car but the door seemed to be locked. My basic instinct was to run after him even though I was in flip flops and he was in basketball shoes. He begins to run towards the darkness and nothingness of the empty side of the parking lot.. As I'm chasing him, I scream at the top of my lungs "SOMEBODY HELP MEEEEE!!!" And even though there was nobody close enough to catch him, I guess he got scared because he dropped my purse on the floor and kept running.

This guy was not a very skilled criminal.. I've lived in California and in Reno and I could imaging this happening in either place as well. The other crimes I've been a victim seemed a little more professional... Somebody tried to fraudulently cash my $10 donation check for the Girl Scouts after changing it to $110! And in October, my car was stolen

Old 12-01-2008, 12:27 AM

if it was the Target by the Galleria, i wouldn't be surprised...that is definitely one parking lot i would be scared of...

Old 12-01-2008, 12:52 AM

oh wow. Maybe vegas IS that crazy *sigh*

Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 AM

323 posts, read 788,043 times
Yeah, it was that Target lol.. I always felt that Henderson was safer.. I even used to go running at night. Now I live by The Boulevard mall . Now there's a scary neighborhood!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 AM

i would take the area behind the boulevard mall anyday, i love that area...

anyways, when we lived in Henderson, we avoided that Target like the plague...there were always cops there, the DVD cases do not contain DVDs, you always see products that are open...plus the prices there are usually more because of the shoplifting...a lamp at Eastern/Silverado Ranch only cost us 6 dollars, when we went to Stephanie/Sunset to return it, we got 13 dollars...plus there's a reason why there are red concrete balls in front of the entrance, a car probably tried to drive through the front doors before...

the VONS in that shopping center also requires you to go through a turnstyle...it deters burglars and shoplifters...

Old 12-01-2008, 10:42 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
Everyone on here almost nevers forgets to mention the dangers of LV. But how bad is it really?

I can understand if I'm out at 2 am in the strip club I should watch my back but during the day time is there still a safety concern?

If I'm in Walmart buying some eggs and milk do I need to be scared of getting robbed in the parking lot if it's past dark?

I don't know, but to me it seems the more dangerous parts are maybe around the stratosphere or just off the strip on Industial Road.

I mean I could be all wrong but this is my hunch...

You might already know this, but just in case, I will repeat it--use the search this forum feature here. You will find zillions of threads on this very subject.

In fact, I think you may even be the originator of a few of them.

Here's another thought: Maybe when you post a question, you should print the answers and keep a little file on them so you don't have to repeat so many. I know it is a lot when you are contemplating a big lifestyle move and you just get questions popping in your head all the time, but the best way to avoid that is to take notes, research and print the research and then just get your booty there!!! Right?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:47 AM

14 posts, read 58,285 times
Nevada does have a concealed handgun license option correct? Thats my solution of safety if they have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas