Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,106 times

Advertisements

What position are you going for? Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
yes it is dept. and yes it is in person.. make sure you have a vegas address and phone number..

Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 PM

66 posts, read 125,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerLBS View Post
omg omg!!!! i got an invite too!!!! omg!!!! now im nervous.... i am not good at oral interviews!!! but... this is the moment of truth!!! i will just make this my theme song... i like this job and opportunity of a lifetime!

YouTube - Survivor-the moment of truth

it really is a now or never for me.. this dept interview... good luck to all of us all that have been blessed! Thank God.

i was gonna schedule but their latest available is 5/29... i wanna sked for june... no available time for june...

okay this is what it said on my account on their website:

You have been invited to schedule an appointment for the position below. Please select to schedule a time or decline the invitation.

is that for dept interview???? coz i already had the first interview where they verify my info. is this where i have to go to vegas in person? im from IL. i think im gonna call them. just to be sure. God i cant believe this.

i just checked my email today. no email to inform me about dept. interview. but in their website i got that notice above. hmmm.
Where in IL. are you from? Im from IL. too.
Which citycenter hotel did you apply at?

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
yes it is dept. and yes it is in person.. make sure you have a vegas address and phone number..
You don't have to have a Vegas address to apply for Las Vegas! Once relocated to Las Vegas then yes,you do have to have a Vegas address.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 AM

So which hotel of CityCenter did you all apply at?
Aria? Vdara? Crystals? The Harmon? Mandarin?
And how are they starting the department interviews? Heard Vdara hotel has began their department interviews since they are the first one to open in Oct. 09'
Does anyone know if and when the other CityCenter hotels will begin their department interviews?

I can understand Vdara already starting their department interviews but what about their other CityCenter hotels??

If i have information... that will make me feel a little better than i have been lately.

I applied in Jan. Had the first interview in Feb. was told dept. interviews would begin towards the end of April. Found out i have been selected for a dept. interview in March and were about half way of the month of April with the month of May almost here. CC is going through alot. But if i have a little good news,i would feel better.

HELP!

Thanks so much!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,686,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I went to one of City Center's "cattle calls" yesterday. They said that I maxed out on the qualifications, and that I should watch my email for the next couple of weeks for an invitation to the next interview. Crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes on this one!
Good luck to you!

I'm glad to hear that some places are hiring and actually following through during this time of high unemployment, lay-offs, bankruptcys, etc...

Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionsfan4ever View Post
You don't have to have a Vegas address to apply for Las Vegas! Once relocated to Las Vegas then yes,you do have to have a Vegas address.
never said you had to have a vegas address to apply.. when applying, without a vegas address and phone, your app and resume has the best chance of getting passed over because you are considered a risk since there is no guarantee that you will stay... ask anyone on this board or search this to confirm

Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
never said you had to have a vegas address to apply.. when applying, without a vegas address and phone, your app and resume has the best chance of getting passed over because you are considered a risk since there is no guarantee that you will stay... ask anyone on this board or search this to confirm
What does that have to do with anything! You put your Vegas address when you already moved in,not before,cause it all shows up on the background check! DUH!

I didnt put my vegas address yet cause i am not living there yet,and i got invited for a dept. interview. So there!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
The woman who went over my qualifications said that I should check my e-mail on a daily basis for the department interview invitation. There were some people there who were having their departmental interviews. Vdara (the non-gaming hotel) is set to open in October. God willing I do get the job, I'll need to find something short lived to tide me over. I just hope that the uniform is long sleeved, so that tats don't show. I don't regret getting them, but some places wouldn't appreciate them.
So have you gotten your email yet for being selected for a department interview?
And was just Vdara people only having their department interviews?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:42 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,106 times
No, not yet. It's only been since Monday afternoon since I went in. I don't know what properties the other people there were applying for. I was only thinking about myself, which for me is odd, since I generally put others needs before my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas