U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-20-2009, 09:53 AM

12,245 posts, read 15,338,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
how do you have a bachelor's degree in travel??
travelling as a single man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
what position did you apply for? i got the same email from the venetian.. really depressing.. college degree in hosp. mgmt.. 17yrs cust svc experienc...
so why were you applying for the hot cocktail waitress position????

Unread 02-20-2009, 10:45 AM

450 posts, read 926,199 times
Default Re:

I went to school at Niagara University, one of the first school's in the United States to offer a program in travel/hotel/restaurant administration. At the time I was attending, they had the program divided between travel/tourism, and hotel/restaurant. Unfortunately, I took the travel side. However, after college, I immediately started working for Santo Tours, if anyone remembers them, doing charter vacation packages and reservations. I then did leisure travel, and finally ended up in corporate reservations for the past 9 years. I work with company presidents, ceo's, and vp's all the time, so I had thought that applying for the administrative assistant in convention/leisure sales would be an easy position to grab. I was a team leader for two years on a billion dollar account, and this account refused to go with another agency, until the agency recruited me to come and work for them. I have done numerous volunteering events with Special Olympics, SABAH (Skating Association for the Blind & Handicapped), and worked as a prison literacy volunteer. Granted my community service has absolutely nothing to do with travel, but I had thought that the level of patience needed in participating in these groups, would give me a little push towards the job as a candidate. If you can teach a handicapped child to ice skate, you obviously have a ton of motivation, determination, and patience. They said the were looking for the best of the best, I guess I'll have to wait until I have 30 years of experience under my belt to get a decent paying job.

Unread 02-20-2009, 11:24 AM

Wow, great credentials...that might count elsewhere in the real world. Unfortunately you're in Las Vegas now...where only the juice matters.

Unread 02-20-2009, 11:26 AM

Default Re:

Exactly, I get so bummed out when nobody wishes to pursue my application, but at the same time, I heard that they Wynn/Encore let a ton of people go just after the opening, so maybe this is a good thing?
I'm determined! I'm a people person!!!!

Unread 02-20-2009, 11:29 AM

hmmm...with your background, have you thought about opening up your own travel business and offering travel services to executives and such?

Unread 02-20-2009, 12:13 PM

Default Re:

No, because I don't have any money saved up...I lived in Buffalo, NY prior to living here, so being the 2nd poorest city in America, really couldn't save anything, was living paycheck to paycheck. Was lucky if I had $5.00 after paying my bills and expenses. I don't want to take a loan out because I have too many now to deal with.

Unread 02-20-2009, 02:30 PM

109 posts, read 313,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiesdejavu View Post
I had my "cattle" interview as you guys have mentioned back in January too, but fortunatelly I have been contacted last week with a department interview invite. I'm looking forward to a new job, as I have been unemployeed since last August from the Clarck County School District.
What sort of job did you apply for?

I havent gotten a call back yet, or email. I interviewed feb 2nd so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Unread 04-03-2009, 04:03 PM

66 posts, read 76,155 times
Post deparment interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiesdejavu View Post
I had my "cattle" interview as you guys have mentioned back in January too, but fortunatelly I have been contacted last week with a department interview invite. I'm looking forward to a new job, as I have been unemployeed since last August from the Clarck County School District.
I had my phone interview Jan also and also have been contacted with a department interview invite too. I'm looking forward for this too but it says.....
no interview times avab. please check back later for additional times.
Does anyone else have this same message?

Unread 04-03-2009, 04:10 PM

9,143 posts, read 13,229,258 times
keep checking the website... when i first looked, i thought about going to the dept interview in april, that night i looked to book, and the earliest was may 7.... i had the choice of may 7 to september, so maybe they are past september
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas