Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,683,662 times

Advertisements

there's a toxic lake at Wigwam and Stephanie that they're trying to pawn off as a feature of a community, supposedly they have cleaned up the soil, but the runoff/lake is still there, and at Boulder/Gibson there is a lot owned by the city of Henderson that they are in the process of cleaning up, looks like a former landfill...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM

638 posts, read 2,243,116 times
My real estate agent kept me away from the area of 215 and Gibson. She explained PEPCON to me.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:54 AM

6 posts, read 28,780 times
through the grapevine, i herd of a project on bolder hwy and warm springs in henderson NV, supposedly they are digging up toxic waste, and moving it across the street. I was told that when they put the wast here originally they didn't line the ground with liner. So the chemicals are seeping in the ground water! I drove by the area and their are people in hazmat suits. i was checking the area out and found my self being fallowed by police. Also has a horrible smell and they are washing the trucks, and have street sweepers following the trucks. it gets better but first.Can someone shed some light On this, and what materials they are moving?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM

369 posts, read 772,153 times
Say what you want - do you know why Henderson got the toxic waste and LA got more lawyers?

Henderson got first pick ...

Last edited by tom_c; 02-02-2010 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: grammer

Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,243 times
Regarding the lake near stephanie and 215 and dumping in the Seven Hills area: Is there any articles that can back this up, such as an investigative report?

I'm highly skeptical regarding dumping in the Seven Hills area because the area was way too rugged, there weren't any roads and dirt wasn't moved until 1990. Green Valley Ranch wasnt started until the early 90's. There was no industry there.

I rode my bike into those same hills when I was young and the only thing dumped was an old mattress or fridge.

The Henderson cutoff is the area east northeast of Lake Mead and Boulder Highway.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
there were articles in rhe RJ back in the mid 70's....they allegedly dumped at the base of black mountain off of the "Henderson cutoff" [now Rose whatever it is parkway] not certain how CLOSE to what is now 7 hills but close enough for me.
whatever was dumped would not be visible once it had dried.....
Agent Orange was a defoliant used in Nam to defoliate the jungle....since there was nothing there to defoliate, the desert was a PERFECT spot to dump.....

Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
there were articles in rhe RJ back in the mid 70's....they allegedly dumped at the base of black mountain off of the "Henderson cutoff" [now Rose whatever it is parkway] not certain how CLOSE to what is now 7 hills but close enough for me.
Agent Orange was a defoliant used in Nam to defoliate the jungle....since there was nothing there to defoliate, the desert was a PERFECT spot to dump.....
The area you talk about is no where near Seven Hills. Seven Hills is no where near Black Mountain.

The area that you are talking about is currently north of Lake Mead and east of boulder highway.

I know what Agent Orange is, but I don't know who made it in henderson and when. I do know that Henderson did produce amonium perchlorate and magnesium, which the companies involved did admit to polluting the area near the henderson cut off. When developers wanted to build in this area, they found high levels of chemcials related to the production of Amonium Perchlorate in the soil. You see the cleanup operation going on now. If Agent Orange was produced and had some level of pollution or toxicity, wouldn't it make sense that the EPA, or some other governmental organization, would have found it? Why isn't it a superfund site if its so dangerous?

I would really appreciate it if you could come up with something more than "it was in the paper in the 70's."

Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
And here is some more information. This provides a link to the remediation site outside the Basic plant (formerly Stauffer Chemical), what chemicals were found, in Henderson and not Las Vegas, what is being done to neutralize or remove them, etc.

These are facts, not some 35 year old recollection from someone wanting to make an incredibly lazy, irresponsible and meandering post.

Nevada Division of Environmental Protection - BMI Complex

And I'm sure some folks will take me to task for actually believing anything the Guvmint says, there's still waste everywhere, etc! Oh well! It's better than "sure sounds like seven hills to me...."

Last edited by Spraynard Kruger; 02-02-2010 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 AM

6 posts, read 28,780 times
still no one knows what is going on in the area of bolder hwy and warm springs in Henderson? I pulled next to a ch 8 truck and asked him about it and he said he wasn't sure. You should see whats going on their it something out of a movie with the hazmat suits and the high level of security! I have seen a lot of things in my time but this is by far the stranger things! And why are they working at 2am and have control over the traffic signals? Why dose it look like nuclear/radioactive waste on google earth? And these retards are worried about yucca mountain when the crap is already in their backyard way too strange!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoelv View Post
still no one knows what is going on in the area of bolder hwy and warm springs in Henderson? I pulled next to a ch 8 truck and asked him about it and he said he wasn't sure. You should see whats going on their it something out of a movie with the hazmat suits and the high level of security! I have seen a lot of things in my time but this is by far the stranger things! And why are they working at 2am and have control over the traffic signals? Why dose it look like nuclear/radioactive waste on google earth? And these retards are worried about yucca mountain when the crap is already in their backyard way too strange!
Hi there Johndoe. Click the link I just posted. It explains everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas