Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 04:16 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
There's nothing more annoying then when traffic comes to a stop on the 95 for someone getting a speeding ticket. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I agree. And when Metro makes that person stop in the right lane of traffic on certain roads when there is no shoulder...double Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:20 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
or when they stop you for "a courtesy registration check".... triple grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 06-15-2011, 04:24 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
or when they stop you for "a courtesy registration check".... triple grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Or when a cop is on the road and you can't go 10 over the speed limit...quadruple GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Or you about have a heart attack when you were really speeding and see a cop pointing a radar gun....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...what? I was doing something illegal?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
or you are really speeding, and a cop pulls you over and says he "paced" you and writes down 10 more mph than you were really doing...

Old 06-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
or you are really speeding, and a cop pulls you over and says he "paced" you and writes down 10 more mph than you were really doing...
Or you are zoned out when the cop pulls you over and didn't realize you were going 20 over the speed limit because everyone else was going that fast. Everyone else is doing it!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:51 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Or when a cop is on the road and you can't go 10 over the speed limit...quadruple GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Or you about have a heart attack when you were really speeding and see a cop pointing a radar gun....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...what? I was doing something illegal?
I was going 65 on the north side of 215 between Durango and Hualapai when I saw a metro cop on a bike pull up beside me I slowed down to 55 and he slowed down shook his head at me waved his index finger and gestured for me to get back to my previous speed, when I didnt he took off like a bat outta hell, he had somebody pulled over at 215 and Lone Mtn and was writing them a ticket

Old 06-15-2011, 04:55 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Or you are zoned out when the cop pulls you over and didn't realize you were going 20 over the speed limit because everyone else was going that fast. Everyone else is doing it!!!
This is true, but it is also a fact the police cant stop everybody. If metro could stop everybody, the city and county would probably not have a budget crisis

One thing I like about the freeways out here is that they have more realistic speed limits 55mph+ unless you are on 215 between 95 and Decatur Blvd where all those traffic lights are, than its 45

Back in Orlando, driving on I-4 through downtown Orlando, the speed limit was only 50 (traffic moved at 70+) and that speed limit was adjustable based on traffic congestion, it was a digital sign that could drop the limit to as low as 30 mph if traffic was real heavy

What gets me on 215, especially in the NW is all those semi trucks that pull those double trailers, those are rock trucks am I right? Between Decatur and 95 they out number cars. Also they tore up one entire half of Decatur between like 215 and Deer Springs to put in sewer pipes if I'm not mistaken, crossing from the Best Buy shopping center to the Wal-Mart one can be a real pain

Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I was going 65 on the north side of 215 between Durango and Hualapai when I saw a metro cop on a bike pull up beside me I slowed down to 55 and he slowed down shook his head at me waved his index finger and gestured for me to get back to my previous speed, when I didnt he took off like a bat outta hell, he had somebody pulled over at 215 and Lone Mtn and was writing them a ticket
I usually always go 10 over on 2-15 if I'm going with traffic...however, if I'm the lone car I slow down to 5-7 over. I would never speed between Hualapai and Durango that is a well know speed trap, lol. It's a given that at least 5 cops on motorcycles will be there and a guy checking radar on the Hualapai bridge.

And actually lately I have seen a policeman pulling people over between Hualapai and Lone Mountain on the 2-15.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
This is true, but it is also a fact the police cant stop everybody. If metro could stop everybody, the city and county would probably not have a budget crisis

One thing I like about the freeways out here is that they have more realistic speed limits 55mph+ unless you are on 215 between 95 and Decatur Blvd where all those traffic lights are, than its 45

Back in Orlando, driving on I-4 through downtown Orlando, the speed limit was only 50 (traffic moved at 70+) and that speed limit was adjustable based on traffic congestion, it was a digital sign that could drop the limit to as low as 30 mph if traffic was real heavy

What gets me on 215, especially in the NW is all those semi trucks that pull those double trailers, those are rock trucks am I right? Between Decatur and 95 they out number cars. Also they tore up one entire half of Decatur between like 215 and Deer Springs to put in sewer pipes if I'm not mistaken, crossing from the Best Buy shopping center to the Wal-Mart one can be a real pain
I don't really go out that way too often so I have not seen that yet. The only reason I go out there is to go to Costco...and I usually go to Sams as it's only 5 minutes from my house.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:13 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
If vehicles were stopping, slowing and holding up traffic because of this, just imagine how everyone else would be annoyed with those dang "rubber neckers"...(and I know, that would be me, the rubber necker, lol)
I live on a quiet side street but it's always interesting to observe people's behavior. The other day there was a guy break dancing in front of Wal-Mart at Trop. and Pecos in the road. People were walking around him trying not to make eye contact and cars were trying to drive around him nearly hitting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas