Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 11:27 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,576,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My guess: a Peeping Tom was peeking into your window, saw that you were watching a horror flick, an ear-to-ear grin appeared on his face, and flipped the main braker. Quite possibly, he was a mischievious Aries or Gemini.

A learning lesson for you, Lyra! Keep those blinds closed the next time you watch a horror movie!
eek! you just made it worse! My blinds/curtains in the back of the house are usually open because no one is behind us...

*sighs*

Gemini's are not mischievous!!!

Old 06-19-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Sounds like a chupacabra.
You mean this??

YouTube - ‪Chupacabra Mystery Finally Revealed‬‏

Old 06-19-2011, 11:34 PM

654 posts, read 1,318,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
my guess: A peeping tom was peeking into your window, saw that you were watching a (horror) who.re flick, an ear-to-ear grin appeared on his face, and flipped the main braker. Quite possibly, he was a mischievious (aries or gemini) Pervi.

A learning lesson for you, lyra! Keep those blinds closed the next time you watch a (horror) who.re movie!
FYP

I guess JFK's slipping a little bit.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
FYP

I guess JFK's slipping a little bit.
Nice, so you're taking over?

Old 06-20-2011, 02:01 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,129,286 times
A young (19) tourist managed to fall off the parking garage at the Venetian today and has died.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 AM

208 posts, read 348,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Last night about 12:30 our power went out. I looked outside and all the streetlights behind our home were on...I then looked out front and our neighbors lights were on. We checked our power box and it was not only open but the main braker had been flipped off...someone shut our power off!

I was up, lights were on, a movie was going...
Man thats freaky...where is your power box? I mean most of the time where i live they're either in your garage or basement...totally uncool feeling!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,518,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
A young (19) tourist managed to fall off the parking garage at the Venetian today and has died.
Probably got alcohol somehow, and may have been too drunk. Granted I had my drunk and stupid moments on the rare occasion, I really didnt have drinks too often until after my 21st

Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,992,731 times
Nope,,,,he was trying to get a better angle for a photograph and lost it.....When I was a professional photographer, I FREQUENTLY told my wife to MAKE SURE to get a pic of me going down if I slip.... it'll make ya rich.....

Photographers take ALLL kinds of risks for "THE Picture"

Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,518,063 times
On the upside of things, my gf and I moved to our new apartment in Centennial Hills and we LOVE it. The location, the quiet, the tall trees and green grass is really nice, our dog Lilly loves it too

GF got a new job and my hours have returned (though not to a full 40, im close in the low 30s) so we will have no issues with rent or bills.

Just did my first commute from CH to the Cosmopolitan to work, and it took me less time to get to work than it did from Twain and Swenson, and I'm 18 miles away now, I was 4 miles away before!

Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,200,634 times
I am back from Michigan. the plane ride was easier the second time around. Although the difference between First class and Sardine class is a world apart. And this time I just focused on where I was while in Michigan instead of worrying if the cats were ok. Had a pet sitter come in and check them once a day.

We stayed in Auburn Hills, funeral was in Clarkston, Went to Ortonville and saw a long lost cousin I last saw when she was 10 (she still looks the same, just older). Went into Detroit, into Warren way on the other end that is not right across the street from ghettoville, then over to Clinton Township.

So green in Michigan, I really liked it. Was worried about our foray into old Detroit, but we survived. We had to see all the places where my husband grew up, the hospital he was born in, his childhood home,etc. A lot of burned out homes and some great big factories that look like if a leaf lands on it, the whole thing will disintegrate before your eyes. Really decrepit but interesting at the same time.

I have learned that either there are no supermarkets at all in Michigan or they hide them well. They seem to buy food at Meijer, Kmart, Target or Walmart. And the corner convenience store. Really weird in contrast to out here in Las Vegas where there seems to be a supermarket every few blocks.

I sneezed a lot while there, had excruciating foot pain to add to my regular foot pain(humidity?) And now I have jet lag and feel like I am in the Twilight zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas