U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2011, 12:38 PM

3,622 posts, read 2,861,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
That sucks LVD. Time to leave the excuses behind and cut the liquor out. Finding a reason to live and a purpose to your life will help enormously. Count your blessings though, you could have been stumbling around this walkway between the MGM and New York New York.

One man dies, one critical in stabbing on Las Vegas Strip - News - ReviewJournal.com

This is the kind of story that's very bad for business in this city.
Eek...I was on the Strip last night but left around 1:30. It was pretty crowded...a lot of people down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 12:43 PM

5,441 posts, read 6,872,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The money is not really a big deal. The problem is I feel betrayed since I gave the homeless guys $5 plus some of the beer I had. I have always helped the homeless with money, beer, food, etc but this is the last time. They are cut off for good as far as I am concerned.
Sorry to hear about your pickpocketing incident. Whenever I walk the Strip, I always walk with my wallet in my left front pocket, car keys and cell phone in the other, and I always put my hands in my pockets and cover them. I dont hold on tight to them but I figure a pick pocket is less likely to try anything on me if I have my hands covering my most personal stuff

I agree that it is time for you to cut the liquor. I didnt post it on here but the past couple times I drank, I got pretty drunk and stupid myself, to the point where I was throwing up and could barely walk. One night I drank a 24 oz Coors light, followed by 2 (yes 2) Four Lokos, bad mix

Every time I see a Four Loko now, I want to vomit just looking at it. Now I just stick to having 1 can of beer after I get home from work, or a nice shot of 1800 Tequila or Ciroc vodka. I dont drink to get drunk anymore. I have just one to relax and feel good

Old 06-25-2011, 12:47 PM

I've never felt worried that someone would pick pocket me on the Strip. It's possible that LVD dropped the money while getting some out to give to the homeless guy. Or maybe...if he was so drunk he gave it away!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:58 PM

8,831 posts, read 4,996,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I've never felt worried that someone would pick pocket me on the Strip. It's possible that LVD dropped the money while getting some out to give to the homeless guy. Or maybe...if he was so drunk he gave it away!
My husband was the victim of a pickpocket once in broad daylight walking down the strip. The only thing the thief got was his monorail pass because he keeps his wallet in his front pocket. I always carry a crossbody bag to keep pick/purse pockets at bay.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
My husband was the victim of a pickpocket once in broad daylight walking down the strip. The only thing the thief got was his monorail pass because he keeps his wallet in his front pocket. I always carry a crossbody bag to keep pick/purse pockets at bay.
Really. Hmmm. Maybe I just look like I have no money.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Really. Hmmm. Maybe I just look like I have no money.
I doubt you like look like a tourist and I am sure most of us tourists are easy to spot. LVD was an easy mark because he was drunk and vulnerable. He must have been aware enough to realize that he had been robbed.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:28 PM

15,380 posts, read 22,556,920 times
I got an "attempt pickpocket" one time....many many many yrs ago....one can only HOPE that the pocket picker practiced a LOT when his fingers finally healed.

He really wasnt very good even before I broke his fingers....

Old 06-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I got an "attempt pickpocket" one time....many many many yrs ago....one can only HOPE that the pocket picker practiced a LOT when his fingers finally healed.

He really wasnt very good even before I broke his fingers....
lmao

Old 06-25-2011, 03:05 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,201,099 times
How do you even have $500, LVD? Wow, you're rich. Or I should say, you were rich. Glad no one beat you up and you're basically OK. Cut way back on the drinking, man, I know that's a DUH but you really need to.

Anyone got an aqualung update for us?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 PM

11,322 posts, read 9,428,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I went out Thursday night at 9 PM. I brought $400 with me. I finished the night, or should I say morning with $500. I ended up so drunk that I was hanging out with the homeless people on the bridge between Bally's and Bill's.
I walked across that bridge with my ferret Tues. nite around 3am, as we did A Bally's/Caesar Palace walk, and there's always homeless people hanging out on that bridge, always happy to see my ferret. He, occasionally, tips over their money cups, and he loves to poke his nose into their bags.

As I see more homeless on the bridges on the Strip, maybe we should consider alternative crossings, be able to cross the street, take down the barricades. Those bridges are not very well lit, can be a bit spooky at night. I'd be a bit more nervous crossing them alone, but not as long as I have my killer ferret along with me! Lol!

Last edited by tijlover; 06-25-2011 at 10:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas