Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 02:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
A street legal totaled car? Only in vegas.
It happens everywhere. A salvage title is issued to a car that was totaled by the insurance and has been repaired. There doesn't have to be a lot of damage to total a car. Just more than the value of the vehicle. That does not always mean the vehicle is unsafe.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,815 times
If anyone is bout to start a business and needs someone to work there, lemme know. I NEED TO GTFO OF NJ. SO MISERABLE.
WAH.

*more tears*

Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Funniest thread I've seen in City Data today:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ar-womans.html

I wonder if some of our local Las Vegas guys do this...lol

Old 09-26-2011, 04:35 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
It happens everywhere. A salvage title is issued to a car that was totaled by the insurance and has been repaired. There doesn't have to be a lot of damage to total a car. Just more than the value of the vehicle. That does not always mean the vehicle is unsafe.
close but no banana...

a salvage title is given when the car is totalled (not repaired)..

a rebuilt salvage title is given when the car has been repaired....

a vehicle is totalled at approximately 65-70% of book value..

personally, i would never buy or own a salvage or rebuilt salvage vehicle.. not worth the headaches vs the savings.... a rebuilt salvage vehicle usually sells for about 25% of book value at the auction IF the auction even lets the vehicle sell.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
Has anyone heard from aqua? Is the bearded lady pregnant yet?

Old 09-26-2011, 04:45 PM

208 posts, read 350,338 times
Man...i quit wearing underwear as soon as i had to start doing my own laundry. "colors or whites?" screw that...one load!

I figure underwear was important back in 1803 when you only owned 1 pair of pants and never washed them...I just dont understand the need for them in this day and age. Down with undies!

Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
This isn't really the place to extensively dive into such a deep discussion but I think you interpreted what I was saying backwards. What I mean is that the whole ambiguous idea that you're trying to pry yourself out of something and 'move forward' IS the resistance and IS the problem. It's the refusal to stop torturing yourself in an act of futility and simply be. There aren't words to properly describe what I really mean here but no matter what kind of hopeless mind state you believe you are stuck in, mind states are always temporary. The length of its stay depends squarely on how determined you are to grasp onto it with your attention. A helpful quote to keep in mind is, "This too shall pass".
I see. In my opinion "this too shall pass" may work for some but not all. I don't think depression is so black and white...some people may just be moody more prone to that frame of mind, for some they like to define themselves that way (depressed), some use it as an excuse, for some it's a chemical imbalance that is beyond riding things out. I have felt the effects of a chemical imbalance...where hopelessness doesn't pass without help or forcing change. In any case you have an interesting perspective and I have been thinking about it all morning.

So folks...let's get back to the less interesting stuff like weather, crime, and the usual soap opera of the days of aqua-lvd-davies lives.

Last edited by lyra33; 09-26-2011 at 04:57 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
Yes, apparently because it has always been her car, after her Mom died, and it was totaled by an idiot who does not know the meaning of a STOP sign, anyway, the insurance company did total it, but it is a Subaru, that just has some body damage, it passed the inspection. Anyway, she had to "buy" the car from the insurance company, or something like that to recover the title, even though she has always had the car. So anyway, it only took six DMV visits to straighten out. Every time she went she would get one part done of this process, in order to ensure that she had the maximum amount of DMV time.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:49 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

Not from Las Vegas, but a straight-male nonetheless, who has worn women's clothes from time-to-time...but always to elicit laughter. I find them too uncomfortable to wear privately.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:15 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

When I got married to my FIRSTEXWIFEWHATZERNAME, on her weddingnight she came out wearing the tiniest panties I had EVER seen....

She slipped them off....VERY seductively and tossed them to me...."Put these on, she whispered."

I tried....struggled for 10 minutes, couldnt get them on....finally I said "FIRSTEXWIFEWHATZERNAMEDARLIN I cain't get into your panties."

"That's right you S.O.B. and unless you shape up you aint never gonna either."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas