U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 PM

12,252 posts, read 17,100,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
When I got married to my FIRSTEXWIFEWHATZERNAME, on her weddingnight she came out wearing the tiniest panties I had EVER seen....

She slipped them off....VERY seductively and tossed them to me...."Put these on, she whispered."

I tried....struggled for 10 minutes, couldnt get them on....finally I said "FIRSTEXWIFEWHATZERNAMEDARLIN I cain't get into your panties."

"That's right you S.O.B. and unless you shape up you aint never gonna either."
It would have been funnier if you turned the tables around, and seductively tossed her YOUR underwear and whispered "put these on!" My bet is that she would have bolted for the door...and saved you some money by becoming the ex that much sooner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 PM

11,704 posts, read 9,963,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I see. In my opinion "this too shall pass" may work for some but not all. I don't think depression is so black and white...some people may just be moody more prone to that frame of mind, for some they like to define themselves that way (depressed), some use it as an excuse, for some it's a chemical imbalance that is beyond riding things out. I have felt the effects of a chemical imbalance...where hopelessness doesn't pass without help or forcing change. In any case you have an interesting perspective and I have been thinking about it all morning.

So folks...let's get back to the less interesting stuff like weather, crime, and the usual soap opera of the days of aqua-lvd-davies lives.
The thoughts of suicide, when severely depressed, has snapped me out of my depression, many a time, over my 61 years on this poor-excuse-for-a-planet. Which explains why severely depressed people finally show some happiness just before they do it, which puzzles bystanders. "Gee whiz! Never seen him so happy, and bang!"

All it took was a goal! I've been playing this "game" for decades now and I'm still here at 61!

So don't always deter people from thinking suicidal thoughts, it may be just what they need to remove the fog, temporarily!

And I've never been a "poor me" type seeking sympathy with my depressions, and I have consistently refused to take any anti-depressants, which were once prescribed to me back in 10th grade! I'm just lucky to have a job where I don't need a "smiley public face"!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:48 PM

11,704 posts, read 9,963,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoo View Post
Sell that gun. I also have a gun but not for that reason.
Never!!! Good Lord, I've been working in a long-term care/rehab facility for 10 years, and I ain't giving that gun up until there's extremely liberal Right-to-Die laws or mandated euthanasia practices in place!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 PM

8,696 posts, read 7,077,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Never!!! Good Lord, I've been working in a long-term care/rehab facility for 10 years, and I ain't giving that gun up until there's extremely liberal Right-to-Die laws or mandated euthanasia practices in place!
That seems like a tough profession to be in when you are depressed. I do know that some people thrive on the happiness they feel when helping others who are less able to do so, but I don't know...I don't know if I could do that day in and day out. Kudos to you!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I hear you on that one...but why so violent when all it takes is a running car and a closed garage? Much less mess to clean up. Dr. Jack Kevorkian fought the good fight...and when it finally comes to fruition, he should get all the credit.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 AM

233 posts, read 256,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I hear you on that one...but why so violent when all it takes is a running car and a closed garage? Much less mess to clean up. Dr. Jack Kevorkian fought the good fight...and when it finally comes to fruition, he should get all the credit.
Cause family members and friends love finding dead bodies of loved ones.....

Old 09-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha0608 View Post
Cause family members and friends love finding dead bodies of loved ones.....
Finding one with a bullet hole blown through the back of neck with a lot red color fluids around it HAS to be more traumatic than a body intact.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 PM

3,622 posts, read 2,973,511 times
They found the burnt remains of a 15 year old girl out in the desert by me a few weeks ago.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Finding one with a bullet hole blown through the back of neck with a lot red color fluids around it HAS to be more traumatic than a body intact.
Finding a family member dead by their own hand no matter how they are found is traumatic. I can assure you we don't appreciate the way you chose to die whether its blowing your brains out on the back of the wall or sitting in your car.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
They found the burnt remains of a 15 year old girl out in the desert by me a few weeks ago.
That was right over the bridge from my house Horrible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas