Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 09:17 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,401,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
...saying phrases like "what it do bruh bruh" they would get a LOT of nasty looks from the mostly white customers
Just curious...what's the translation of that phrase?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,113,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Just curious...what's the translation of that phrase?
"How are you doing today".

Old 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,515,823 times
LVD you will be interested in reading this
Bill O'Reilly: Bill's Daily Briefing - October 6, 2011 - Bill's Daily Briefing
I am a big fan of bill o'reilly and his tv show the o'reilly factor
read the article about how americans can be put on a 'kill list' by the government

Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
Quote:
LVD you will be interested in reading this
Bill O'Reilly: Bill's Daily Briefing - October 6, 2011 - Bill's Daily Briefing
I am a big fan of bill o'reilly and his tv show the o'reilly factor
read the article about how americans can be put on a 'kill list' by the government
As I think you know, I cannot stand Republicans or Democrats, so you will never see me have any trust on any main stream media people like Bill O'reilly. That said, it makes me an immediate target of the corrupt government we have. There was a great thread started yesterday that I participated in where a Democrat got totally pawned on. This was great. Here is the thread and the video. It is WORTH watching, trust me....

George Carlin ~ The American Dream - YouTube

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ed-future.html

Old 10-06-2011, 11:37 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,515,823 times
I've seen that video as I am a huge George Carlin fan, RIP

As much as I hate to admit it, he was right on that one

Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
Quote:
I've seen that video as I am a huge George Carlin fan, RIP

As much as I hate to admit it, he was right on that one
He was EXACTLY right. What is crazy is this video came out in 2005 when the economy was actually doing great. If I had seen the video then I would have thought he was crazy. I think he had a little bit of Nostradamus in him as the speech pertains to today more than ever.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,550,432 times
The Wheel of Fortune jackpot has already hit 3 times so far this week across the city. Considering the odds are in the millions that is incredible.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:39 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,064,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
An intersting piece I ran across. The Perfect Storm...

Las Vegas is to the real estate bubble what Detroit was to the US automobile industry

What really brings it home on a personal level were the comments at the end by Belindabg...

As a victim of the demise of Las Vegas, I can only say that the worst part of all of this is the complete disregard for all those people who bought homes, thinking we were doing the ‘right’ thing. I bought a total of three homes in Las Vegas; one in 1994 which is worth a lot less than the 175K I paid for it new; a condo in Henderson purchased in 2004 which has since been foreclosed by Chase Bank in the MIDDLE of their negotiation process for a Loan Modification that they never gave me; and one of the beautiful high-rise security condos on the south end of the Strip, bought in 2004 for 380K and now on the market for an abysmal 85K with NO TAKERS.
In the economic collapse, I lost my 250K per year career, my marriage, all three of my homes, my health, and my life savings. I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG. I didn’t buy at the peak of the market, I had great cash reserves in excess of 150K, and my credit was stellar – no funky loans. But when I lost my job, I spent my savings floating the mortgage payments (in retrospect, a big mistake, I should’ve walked earlier and taken care of ME, because these dishonest Lenders never did). Husband of 17 years walked out when I lost my job and money and couldn’t support him anymore. My parents lost 5 rentals (their life savings) and the strain brought back Mom’s cancer – she died six weeks later from a brain tumor. Dad is 80 and freaked out.
I have a herniated disc in my back and can’t find work in an economy where there are NO JOBS. Four years ago I had a home, two rentals with positive cash flow, a marriage, a wonderful career where I was earning more every consecutive year, health insurance, and a bright future. Now I’m 50, unemployed, bankrupt, all my savings is gone, properties are foreclosing, and I have nowhere to go and no place to live. What are people like me supposed to do??? I have two friends who were in this same boat who have already committed suicide.
I guess for some of us, that’s the ONLY light at the end of this tunnel. I hope the perpetrators of this ‘credit scheme’ ROT IN HELL and DIE A HEINOUS DEATH – THEY DESERVE IT.

So sad....so very sad.
Actually nothing whatever specific to Las Vegas. She purportedly had two cash flow positive rentals and a 250K salary. She got laid off. Anybody who gets laid off at $250K needs to be back in a job in a hurry, or retired, or sad things will happen. Houses and rental units are side deals of little import.

$250K salaries are likely not geographic...So she could not find a job in the USA.

Tough but nothing to do with Las Vegas.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:06 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,903,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually nothing whatever specific to Las Vegas. She purportedly had two cash flow positive rentals and a 250K salary. She got laid off. Anybody who gets laid off at $250K needs to be back in a job in a hurry, or retired, or sad things will happen. Houses and rental units are side deals of little import.

$250K salaries are likely not geographic...So she could not find a job in the USA.

Tough but nothing to do with Las Vegas.
Didn't really see much pertaining to Detroit neither.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,903,400 times
For all you animal lovers....

http://http://familyfurandfun.com/ (http://http//familyfurandfun.com/ - broken link)

Is anyone going to the Age of Chivalry - Las Vegas Renaissance Festival - Home Page? If so, you can get a free ticket at Your Connection To Nightlife And Events In Las Vegas – spyonvegas.com for today only.

I went to the lvredfair one year and it was a lot of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas