Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,703,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Ok everyone, I went to the dentist. I got a prescription for antibiotics for the infection and Vicodin for the pain. I already feel much better pain wise. The dentist told me I need to take better care of my teeth as my problem was caused by poor dental habits.

How much $ for the extraction without insurance and where did you go ?.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,122,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
How much $ for the extraction without insurance and where did you go ?.
I did not get an extraction. I have infected gums, not teeth. I only paid $50 plus the prescriptions. All in all, under $100. I was pleasantly surprised.

I went here:

LAS VEGAS EMERGENCY DENTIST - EMERGENCY DENTIST LAS VEGAS

Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,703,312 times
Quote:
I did not get an extraction. I have infected gums, not teeth. I only paid $50 plus the prescriptions. All in all, under $100. I was pleasantly surprised.

I went here:

Thats good. At least this ordeal did not break the bank for you.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,375,239 times
Quote:

I went here:

Hmmm. You have severe pain from infected gums? Sounds more like an abcess that would require extraction. Be careful. Infections of the teeth travel easily to the brain.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Hmmm. You have severe pain from infected gums? Sounds more like an abcess that would require extraction. Be careful. Infections of the teeth travel easily to the brain.
It may be, but I hope not. The dentist only spent about 5 minutes with me. I told him that I was basically looking for pain relief and do not have dental insurance, and only work part time making under $1,000 a month. I am most likely only putting a band aid on the problem and will be crying about it again in the near future.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
It may be, but I hope not. The dentist only spent about 5 minutes with me. I told him that I was basically looking for pain relief and do not have dental insurance, and only work part time making under $1,000 a month. I am most likely only putting a band aid on the problem and will be crying about it again in the near future.
Please go see a regular dentist tomorrow.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:00 PM

437 posts, read 789,658 times
LVD, your pain thing may change after the Vico is gone. Endo is the way to go, in my opinion. Unless you can miss work a lot.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 PM

990 posts, read 1,646,207 times
LVD, Vicodin has tylenol in it Don't take more than prescribed and actually a little less if you can manage it.

You can still take the Ibuprofen even with the Vicodin. They have different receptor sites and do not antagonize or potentiate each other.

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory. You don't want to ever take more than 100mg an hour. That's one 200mg tab every 2 hours, two 200mg tabs every 4 hours, three 200 mg tabs every 6 hrs. What is meant by anti-inflammatory is that it takes down inflammation, redness, swelling.

The pain from a gum infections comes mostly from the swelling compressing your nerves. If you bring down the swelling you give your immune system a chance at attacking the infection and working with the antibiotic.

Take ibuprofen around the clock for at least 3 days. Don't wait until the pain gets out of control. Put on the alarm if you need to.

Ibuprofen can upset your stomach so take it with some food. Even if you only eat a couple of cookies, crackers or slice of bread/toast.

A gum infection can also spread to your heart. Take care of yourself. We would miss you.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Please go see a regular dentist tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
LVD, your pain thing may change after the Vico is gone. Endo is the way to go, in my opinion. Unless you can miss work a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
LVD, Vicodin has tylenol in it Don't take more than prescribed and actually a little less if you can manage it.

You can still take the Ibuprofen even with the Vicodin. They have different receptor sites and do not antagonize or potentiate each other.

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory. You don't want to ever take more than 100mg an hour. That's one 200mg tab every 2 hours, two 200mg tabs every 4 hours, three 200 mg tabs every 6 hrs. What is meant by anti-inflammatory is that it takes down inflammation, redness, swelling.

The pain from a gum infections comes mostly from the swelling compressing your nerves. If you bring down the swelling you give your immune system a chance at attacking the infection and working with the antibiotic.

Take ibuprofen around the clock for at least 3 days. Don't wait until the pain gets out of control. Put on the alarm if you need to.

Ibuprofen can upset your stomach so take it with some food. Even if you only eat a couple of cookies, crackers or slice of bread/toast.

A gum infection can also spread to your heart. Take care of yourself. We would miss you.
Everyone, thanks for caring. I will be ok. If not, the good lord will reunite me with my mother. Of course, I am now being melodramatic. I have a nasty toothache, not cancer. I am not drinking as the Vicodin pills have acetaminophen in them. I am no longer in severe pain which I am so thankful for. This experience has changed me as I will now be brushing my teeth twice a day for life.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post

Ibuprofen restricts blood flow to the kidneys, this is what can cause renal failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas