Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 06:50 AM

208 posts, read 350,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
That's why I hope to never meet anyone on any forum I follow in person. My perception will probably change dramatically. Right now I have a mental picture of how I think everyone looks according to their personality and posts.

I sometimes coordinate and order parts from dealerships/vendors all over the valley when back at Nellis. For almost a year and a half I would speak with the same lady over the phone that worked customer service parts department. She had a sweet soft caring southern voice. My perception of her was based off her helpfulness and voice alone for over 18 months. I normally never have to go pick up parts for the shop but this one particular day there was an emergency to get a vehicle out of maintenance. No one else was available to go pick up the part so I drove to go get it.

Well I finally got a chance to meet this lady face to face with the sweet, soft, caring voice. She turned out to be this HUGE(300+), fully tattooed, leather wearing, black make-up wearing, biker chick.

My whole perception of her was ruined.

Still order parts from her but its hard to match up her voice with her looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Last time I was on Myspace was over two years ago. I just didn't like all those photo's, lack of mystery. Being judgemental, at times, realizing you can't judge a book by its cover, oftentimes I do that: judge the book by its cover!

Thank God, so many of us don't know what we look like and I'm rarely curious to see someone's profile pix. I did that a few times, and there I went, judging that book by its cover! Shame on me!
This so true. It is so cool to be in this "visual void" where we can actually make decisions on whether to like or dislike someone based on their words and thoughts and not their looks. Can you imagine the number of beautiful people you completely dismissed because they were ugly? Its really sad and doesnt say much for humans as a species...we'll evolve someday

Old 11-10-2011, 02:52 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
Can you imagine the number of beautiful people you completely dismissed because they were ugly?
To me there are no ugly people. Only ugly personalities. Someone can be strikingly beautiful, but have a cold mean heart. Yet someone plain looking or 100, 200 or more pounds overweight can have the best attitude, love people, animals, the universe and someone will dismiss them because they aren't perfect.
I probably will not meet too many CD people if I can help it. There are several in here that would probably not accept me as I really am in real life. For the very few I have met offline, they have been very nice and gracious. Really good people.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
To me there are no ugly people. Only ugly personalities. Someone can be strikingly beautiful, but have a cold mean heart. Yet someone plain looking or 100, 200 or more pounds overweight can have the best attitude, love people, animals, the universe and someone will dismiss them because they aren't perfect.
I probably will not meet too many CD people if I can help it. There are several in here that would probably not accept me as I really am in real life. For the very few I have met offline, they have been very nice and gracious. Really good people.
Pinkish, I could care less WHAT you are in RL....I LUB YOU....

Old 11-10-2011, 03:01 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
If I were to picture you from your posts, I would guess early 40's to early 50's, thin, in good shape and health (considering you're a vegan). People can try to picture me, but it will not be pretty. I will admit I am a fat drunk in poor health.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Pinkish, I could care less WHAT you are in RL....I LUB YOU....
I feel the same way about you. I think you are just a really funny guy. Loves cats, loves to bug people. I couldn't care less if you were really a tiny little green alien, or a giant purple people eater.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:07 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
you been peekin while i was in the shower

Old 11-10-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
If I were to picture you from your posts, I would guess early 40's to early 50's, thin, in good shape and health (considering you're a vegan). People can try to picture me, but it will not be pretty. I will admit I am a fat drunk in poor health.
LOL, not all vegans are toothpicks. They do not sit around and munch lettuce all day long. The one's that do that are called rabbits.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
LOL, not all vegans are toothpicks. They do not sit around and munch lettuce all day long. The one's that do that are called rabbits.
I thought they were. I know that there are fat vegetarians, but every vegan I have ever met has been very lean, no matter what age they are. I know one personally who owns a natural foods store here. She must be in her fifties or even sixties, but she does not have one ounce of fat on her. She looks great for her age.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:39 PM

One thing I will add is eventually I want to become a vegetarian, although vegan would be too hard and extreme for me. I did manage to not eat any meat products for 2 months, but I still ate cheeses. I ate mostly pasta. When I get more money, I plan to try to eat only Amy's organics and organic lettuce with organic dressing. I cannot afford it at this time, but I am eating a lot of organic lettuce and yogurt now.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
One thing I will add is eventually I want to become a vegetarian, although vegan would be too hard and extreme for me. I did manage to not eat any meat products for 2 months, but I still ate cheeses. I ate mostly pasta. When I get more money, I plan to try to eat only Amy's organics and organic lettuce with organic dressing. I cannot afford it at this time, but I am eating a lot of organic lettuce and yogurt now.
Try eating your salads with mostly baby spinach instead of lettuce. I'm not a fan of cooked spinach but I love baby spinach raw and it is a powerhouse of nutrients compared to lettuce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas