Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 AM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
This weekend, I single handedly banged up my left thigh and leg(while moving the heavy dining table, it attacked me twice). My right leg(ran into the side of the coffee table) and right foot(tripped over a big box of books i was sorting wearing slippers). I smashed all my fingers against the wall and a heavy chair(while moving the chair), I punctured my right middle finger with the sharp end of a spiral notebook, I dropped books on my feet(while moving huge stacks to the bookcases.) Got several scratches from panicky cat(she panics whenever my husband walks in the room because he is always making stupid faces at her with his arms out pretending he is going to get her.)
Despite me cussing up a storm from it all, I survived the weekend, just barely.
Here's hoping the week days will be less painful.
When was your last tetanus shot? You need one every 10 years at least.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
When was your last tetanus shot? You need one every 10 years at least.
I don't get those. Why would I need one?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:44 AM

Five Things You Should Know Before Getting a Tetanus Shot

After reading all of that, no thanks on the tetanus shot! Natural ok, chemicals and other things, not ok.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:

After reading all of that, no thanks on the tetanus shot! Natural ok, chemicals and other things, not ok.
I totally agree, and that includes all vaccines. I love this quote below from your article. Anyone who believes that, well, is not playing with a full deck.

"Formaldehyde - used as a liquid preservative but is considered safe in vaccines because it is used in small amounts.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I totally agree, and that includes all vaccines. I love this quote below from your article. Anyone who believes that, well, is not playing with a full deck.

"Formaldehyde - used as a liquid preservative but is considered safe in vaccines because it is used in small amounts.
Here are some interesting tidbits about formaldehyde-

Formaldehyde

Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
I don't get those. Why would I need one?

I've never had one, unless I had one as a small child before entering school. Never as an adult.

People often get one after a cut or deep wound. Well, lockjaw isn't likely in most cases, unless you are on a farm or other places where you will come in contact with tetanus. (funny it's found in feces and "anus" is in the name. Coincidence?)

Where is the tetanus bacteria found?

The tetanus bacterium is present throughout the environment and is commonly found in soil contaminated with manure, and animal and human feces.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
I just got tdap, mmr, varicella, and hep b vaccines since I didn't want to get titers done. The tetanus was the one that hurt the most afterwards (Varicella injection burned like heck). The injection site swelled up to the size of a half dollar maybe bigger & was warm. Swelling went away after a week or so, so no worries. Now I know how kids feel.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:36 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:

Tetanus is a nasty disease also known as lock jaw and hydrophobia that comes from dirty cuts to skin. And you seems to be getting a lot of them.

It's what happened to "Old Yeller." (ancient movie)

In the kids injection Dpt the T stands for tetanus. Booster is commonly given around age 14.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:03 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
After having a very long talk with my mom last night on the phone. I have decided to leave Las Vegas and go back to school in FL

http://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...las-vegas.html

Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 PM

The tiny puncture on my finger has already started healing. It was not a rusty spiral, it was nice and new. I used to never be accident prone. I blame it on my first husband eons ago, he was a walking wrecking ball. I just have a bad habit of running around barefoot, and not watching where I am going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas