U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,084 posts, read 9,264,866 times
Reputation: 3762

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOldfield View Post
Von, I wonder if maybe pollen/seeds got mixed in at some point and germinated in the same spot? I wish mine looked that good...first year of desert landscaping and I'm used to lush green foliage plants from the East coast ;-) I didn't cut mine back last fall and now they look dead!
That definitely would explain what's going on in my yard. I did not get a chance to cut anything back for winter and now everything is growing wildly. All of the dead limbs and stems came back to life.

This was more organized last year. (about 45 days ago)



This year I don't know what's going on. I cut back to watering everything every other day for 15 minutes.

Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
 
131 posts, read 145,956 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
That definitely would explain what's going on in my yard. I did not get a chance to cut anything back for winter and now everything is growing wildly. All of the dead limbs and stems came back to life.

This was more organized last year. (about 45 days ago)



This year I don't know what's going on. I cut back to watering everything every other day for 15 minutes.
Yours is probably also more established..I just planted my front yard last November The landscaping posse is returning in a few days to do maintenance and move on to the back yard I also wonder if it may (or may not) be bees or other bugs pollenating the plants that would give you the variation...interesting...
BTW, are you back in the States now??
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2012, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,372 posts, read 30,175,369 times
Reputation: 8877
IIRC.....I read once[or heard] that lantana change colors from year to year based upon the conditions...i.e. water, feed etc etc....for a deinitive answer...stop by PLANT WORLD on W Charleston and talk to the guys behind the counter.....they've been supplying the gardens here for 3 million years..... or so
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2012, 05:19 PM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,084 posts, read 9,264,866 times
Reputation: 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOldfield View Post
Yours is probably also more established..I just planted my front yard last November The landscaping posse is returning in a few days to do maintenance and move on to the back yard I also wonder if it may (or may not) be bees or other bugs pollenating the plants that would give you the variation...interesting...
BTW, are you back in the States now??
Yes I am back in Vegas. About 2 months now. The pollinating theory might be whats going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
IIRC.....I read once[or heard] that lantana change colors from year to year based upon the conditions...i.e. water, feed etc etc....for a deinitive answer...stop by PLANT WORLD on W Charleston and talk to the guys behind the counter.....they've been supplying the gardens here for 3 million years..... or so
I probably need to go check those guys out because the people at the Lowes near my house don't know jack. I get an "I'm not sure" answer for every question I ask.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2012, 05:24 PM
 
9,871 posts, read 7,566,615 times
Reputation: 2854
Happy Star Wars Day. May the 4th be with you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,372 posts, read 30,175,369 times
Reputation: 8877
ohhhhh mommy....that is thooooo bad
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Grandview, MO
3,487 posts, read 3,162,415 times
Reputation: 2023

Tragically Hip Fifty mission Cap - YouTube

"The last goal he ever scored won the Leaf's the Cup. They didn't win another until 1962."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 AM
 
10,485 posts, read 20,032,697 times
Reputation: 6554
Happy birthday Elletea. I hope you have a great time tonight!


Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 AM
 
2,377 posts, read 3,198,385 times
Reputation: 2044
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,084 posts, read 9,264,866 times
Reputation: 3762
Is this the fad?

Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top