Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Unfortunately, love is love. It doesn't care that you don't want your mate to be a drunk. It doesn't care about age difference. It doesn't differentiate between good times and bad times. The human mind does.

She can still love you and not be able to be with you because of your choices or whatever. She should move on, though.

One thing that holds people back from living how they want to is the belief that they are not good enough and they don't deserve it. I understand. Glad you took what you needed from the conversation.
I never knew how much she loved me until today. She only wants the best for me, and I cannot blame her for that. I agree that she should give up on me, especially since I have given up on myself.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:48 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I never knew how much she loved me until today. She only wants the best for me, and I cannot blame her for that. I agree that she should give up on me, especially since I have given up on myself.
I guess she really loves you in her own way. Maybe she will eventually move on. It's not like she's too old to find anyone unless she thinks she is.
The only way it would ever work for you two now or in the future, you both will have to accept each other the way you are and not try to change the other. Ever.
Loving someone freely and unconditionally means accepting each other faults and all.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
If she only loves you long distance as a sober man the love is fake. I have vowed to only speak my mind from now on. No more diplomacy. Diplomacy = FAKE.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I guess she really loves you in her own way. Maybe she will eventually move on. It's not like she's too old to find anyone unless she thinks she is.
The only way it would ever work for you two now or in the future, you both will have to accept each other the way you are and not try to change the other. Ever.
Loving someone freely and unconditionally means accepting each other faults and all.
She is still very beautiful and would have no problem finding dates. Unfortunately, she was very hurt by the last 2 guys she was with, one of them being me. Back in 1999, we had been together for over 3 years. She was 41, and I was 24. She told me she was not getting any younger and gave me an ultimatum. She said either we get married or it is time for us to part ways. What did I do? I went to the nightclub and met a 19 year old and left her for the younger girl. After that, she met this older millionaire, and I was actually happy for her. After 5 years, he leaves her for a 21 year old. She has never been with anyone ever since. She told me she cannot handle it anymore. I feel so bad. If I could do it all over again, I would have married her. I was not a drunk back then, and I feel like an idiot for leaving her. It would have worked out, and I feel I would have turned out ok if I had married her. Where is my time machine?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If she only loves you long distance as a sober man the love is fake. I have vowed to only speak my mind from now on. No more diplomacy. Diplomacy = FAKE.
You can speak your mind, but there is nothing fake here. She has always been there for me and she does love me. We cannot be a couple anymore because of my addictions and other problems.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:02 AM

208 posts, read 350,453 times
Quote:
She is still very beautiful and would have no problem finding dates. Unfortunately, she was very hurt by the last 2 guys she was with, one of them being me. Back in 1999, we had been together for over 3 years. She was 41, and I was 24. She told me she was not getting any younger and gave me an ultimatum. She said either we get married or it is time for us to part ways. What did I do? I went to the nightclub and met a 19 year old and left her for the younger girl. After that, she met this older millionaire, and I was actually happy for her. After 5 years, he leaves her for a 21 year old. She has never been with anyone ever since. She told me she cannot handle it anymore. I feel so bad. If I could do it all over again, I would have married her. I was not a drunk back then, and I feel like an idiot for leaving her. It would have worked out, and I feel I would have turned out ok if I had married her. Where is my time machine?

...doesnt matter, and you'll never know because you've decided to stay a drunk. You'd rather act like a 12yr old baby and continue to be a drunk than be a man and change your life. I would be so ashamed to write these little "poor me, baby stories"! I dont know what kind of sympathy you think you're going to find here.

The only time machine you've got is the one you get into today and decide to change your future. Or you can continue to be a 40yr old baby and amuse me for the next couple years, your choice

Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I agree! She needs to move on and stop making LVD have false hopes.
^^This

I don't know all the details, but some people are just toxic to each other. Just because you "love" someone does not mean being together is the best thing. Saying "Love is all you need" is a crock. It doesn't fix everything. Sometimes love is what drives you apart, if that makes sense.

IMO she sounds manipulative and the longer you go without contact, the better for you both.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
...doesnt matter, and you'll never know because you've decided to stay a drunk. You'd rather act like a 12yr old baby and continue to be a drunk than be a man and change your life. I would be so ashamed to write these little "poor me, baby stories"! I dont know what kind of sympathy you think you're going to find here.

The only time machine you've got is the one you get into today and decide to change your future. Or you can continue to be a 40yr old baby and amuse me for the next couple years, your choice
I never asked nor expected any sympathy. I was just surprised she called me so I thought I would post it. I thought we would never talk again as I would never have called her. As far as my future, there is none, and that is because of mistakes I have made in the past. I am now off unemployment and have zero income coming in. I cannot work or get on disability, so it is just a matter of time before my savings run out and I wind up on the streets. I might as well drink until then, because that is the day I jump out in front of a train.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
^^This

I don't know all the details, but some people are just toxic to each other. Just because you "love" someone does not mean being together is the best thing. Saying "Love is all you need" is a crock. It doesn't fix everything. Sometimes love is what drives you apart, if that makes sense.

IMO she sounds manipulative and the longer you go without contact, the better for you both.
She and I are completely over. I know I will never see her in person again. I still see no problem with us talking on the phone. We always have. I continued to talk to her on the phone after I left her, and all through the 5 years when she was dating the older guy.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,309 times
Default Oh no another Pet Adoption

I keep adopting dogs, The last one I had to give to my Ex hubby. Our house is full.
Now there is one in Summerlin on the 20th that I must go to. I mean there are going to be food trucks!!
NO MORE DOGS THOUGH. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas