Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,284,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
No, it would go to Iowa. (the zombie apocalypse) After first destroying New York.
New York and Las Vegas are always the top cities being destroyed by monsters, natural disasters and satan.
But what happens in Vegas stays there

Old 06-05-2012, 09:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
But what happens in Vegas stays there
Not always.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,132 times
There IS no such thing as a zombie apocalypse - after about 10 days all zombies would be dead
It would stink outside, but most people would survive it.
(well those who kept there heads*)

Jonathan

Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
There IS no such thing as a zombie apocalypse - after about 10 days all zombies would be dead
It would stink outside, but most people would survive it.
(well those who kept there heads*)

Jonathan
Zombies technically already ARE dead LOL

The Walking Dead is about to start season 3. That's longer than 10 days

Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,132 times
Ken Burns' Documentary about the Civil war, was longer then the war as well

Jonathan

Old 06-07-2012, 04:18 AM

208 posts, read 350,206 times
Quote:
I agree, she is stunning. I wqas watching The Devil's Advocate the other night and thinking about how pretty she was. I love the Dior ads she does on TV and in print. Cameron Diaz, OTOH, has not aged well, IMO. She started out stunning in The Mask, and just hasn't held onto it.

I also think JLo is very pretty, and she's a good role model for those with...well, certain assets.
No doubt JLo is great looking. But I think keeping that butt under control is the full time job for a whole team of personal trainers. If she had to work a full time job and take care of 3 kids I think her backside would be the size of your vw bug. Matter of fact if she wore the right color pants and you put those fake eye lashes on her back pockets you might not be able to tell the difference ...but she is gorgeous non the less.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM

131 posts, read 209,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
My daughter is anxious to eat the seeds but Im not sure if they are edible. I will test them out first.

I think two of them will end up like in this video. Even I think this is a little too big for my front yard.
Von, that's awesome! Tell Katie great job, and she can come to my house and plant as many as she wants for me! I tried to do seeds for various veggies and flowers earlier this Spring but failed miserably. I've since gone to cactus containers and they seem pretty happy. Always wanted a bunch of sunflowers, though! I hope your HOA doesn't make you take them down. I know they might seem too big for your yard, but it's such a great splash of color, not to mention food for birds

Sorry, I know I'm behind the times...just got back from vacation ;-)

Last edited by AOldfield; 06-07-2012 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: additional comment

Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 AM

131 posts, read 209,917 times
Quote:
This is random, but I wonderig if anyone else finds this kind of funny...

A friend of mine just moved to Phoenix. She left Wednesday and arrived last night. About 6 months ago I lent her the book Eat, Pray, Love and a pair of boxing gloves (she took kickboxing with me for a bit). I forgot about the stuff, then remembered when her moving date got closer. I didn't say anything, assuming she would find the gloves and book as she packed her apartment and offer to return them. Well, she never did.

I really don't care about the boxing gloves. I have 2 other pairs and I will need to get rid of them anyway when I move (all but the ones I use regularly). The book isnt that big of a deal, either, it is a paperback that I paid $3 for. But I thought it was weird that she never even mentioned she had my stuff as she was packing up.

Anyway, yesterday she upodated her Facebook status with a quote...from my book! So it is obvious she DOES have it!

Anyway, like I said, I really don't care, she can have the stuff. I need to get rid of lots before I move anyway, so whatever. I would just never keep something someone lent me...then move across the country with it without trying to return it! (had she asked i would have probably said "Keep it")

People are so funny.
That happened to me, too. I lent a friend "The Art of Racing in the Rain" and then she moved and never returned it. I loved that book! Like you said, it's just stuff, and I don't really care, but it kinda hits home when you experience a situation where values and morals are different.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOldfield View Post
That happened to me, too. I lent a friend "The Art of Racing in the Rain" and then she moved and never returned it. I loved that book! Like you said, it's just stuff, and I don't really care, but it kinda hits home when you experience a situation where values and morals are different.
That is also a great book! I have that one myself

Old 06-07-2012, 02:37 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOldfield View Post
I have that book too! I could probably be either a library or a used book store by now.

I once lent a book against my will way back when... "Salems Lot" by Stephen King. I had just gotten it, didn't even read it yet when the guy I was living with at that time talked me into lending it to his friend. His stupid friend moved away with my book.
I learned from that to never lend anything I wanted to keep, no matter who they were. Now if someone wants to read a book off of my couple thousand to-be-read pile, they will have to wait until i read it first. But if i I like it well enough to keep it for later, they will just have to buy their own copy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas