Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 02:36 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I personally hate Fremont street, but I really want to spend time with my friends. That is the most important thing. I have decided I am not going to Hot August Nights in Reno after finding out 800,000 people go there and make it a crowded mess. I am willing to go the Hot August Nights in Lake Tahoe, so I will have to run that by my friends to see what they think.
LVD, why not be a good sport and do what your friends what to do? Challenge yourself. I am sure Tahoe will be no where as fun for your friends as Hot August Nights in Reno.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:47 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post

LVD, why not be a good sport and do what your friends what to do? Challenge yourself. I am sure Tahoe will be no where as fun for your friends as Hot August Nights in Reno.
Absolutely not, especially this far away from home. I hate going out on new years eve, but I always go even know I do not want to because my friends come here. Last time it was so crowded that I lost them, and had to walk home. Remember, I have no cell phone, and both of their phones do not accept calling card calls from payphones (I tried). On New Years, 300,000 visitors come to Las Vegas. In Reno, 800,000 visitors come in, and this is in a town of 200,000 people. In other words, this is going to be much worse than New Years. There is no way in hell I am putting myself in that situation since I already know it will end badly, and my friends and I will be fighting. I am thinking we can go to the earlier event in Lake Tahoe, then go spend a couple days in Reno.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:10 PM

It should not always be about you. Don't you think it's a little presumptious of you to decide that your friends can settle for Tahoe? Whatever you decide to do, know that it is wrong for you to expect your friends to cater to you.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
It should not always be about you. Don't you think it's a little presumptious of you to decide that your friends can settle for Tahoe? Whatever you decide to do, know that it is wrong for you to expect your friends to cater to you.
Yes, it is going to be all about me, especially since I will be paying for the whole trip. I am the one who brought it up, and although both of them have always wanted to see Hot August Nights, neither of them wants to spend the money to do it. I will be paying for the hotel ($200 plus) and all the gas ($300 plus). That is going to cost me $500-$700 up front depending on what motel/hotel I get. I have asked both of them to cover their own food and drinks and they agreed. My friend is going to be driving his car for the trip, but other than that, I am responsible for everything else. Do you now see my point?

Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is going to be all about me, especially since I will be paying for the whole trip. I am the one who brought it up, and although both of them have always wanted to see Hot August Nights, neither of them wants to spend the money to do it. I will be paying for the hotel ($200 plus) and all the gas ($300 plus). That is going to cost me $500-$700 up front depending on what motel/hotel I get. I have asked both of them to cover their own food and drinks and they agreed. My friend is going to be driving his car for the trip, but other than that, I am responsible for everything else. Do you now see my point?
Why are you as an unemployed person paying for the trip? I do see your point. I have never gone on a friends' trip where we didn't pay equally. This is a strange concept for me.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Why are you as an unemployed person paying for the trip? I do see your point. I have never gone on a friends' trip where we didn't pay equally. This is a strange concept for me.
Because I am lonely and they will not go unless I pay for it. I agree it is sad as my best friend makes $75,000 a year, and my other friend makes over $100,000 a year, but I always have to pay them $100-$150 for gas if I ask them to come stay with me. My girlfriend says I am an idiot for doing it since neither of them has ever done the same for me to come to Phoenix. Both of them are married and have lives, so I can understand. Of course, I was quoting gas from Phoenix to Vegas. This Reno trip will be much more expensive gas wise. The way it works is if they decide to come out here on their own, I pay nothing. But if I request they come, I have to pay them.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Since you do not have a steady income, you should not be paying for everyone. Try to do more things that don't cost so much money. Let people pay their own way. And quit hating on Fremont street. You had a great time down there that you will probably never remember.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Since you do not have a steady income, you should not be paying for everyone. Try to do more things that don't cost so much money. Let people pay their own way. And quit hating on Fremont street. You had a great time down there that you will probably never remember.
I was going to say quit focusing on everything you HATE. You hate this, you hate that. You need to quit wasting energy on hating.

And you should NOT be paying for anyone's trip.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I certainly do not want to go to Reno alone. Not only that, I would not even consider driving my car up there. It is worth it for me to be able to go on vacation for once. As far as Fremont street, my opinion of it will never change. You see, I had a good time since I got to meet you all which I liked, regardless of the location. We could have all met at Denny's which I also cannot stand, and I still would have had a great time.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I was going to say quit focusing on everything you HATE. You hate this, you hate that. You need to quit wasting energy on hating.

And you should NOT be paying for anyone's trip.
I really need to get out and be with my friends, regardless of what it will cost me. It will be well worth it. I also do not have to drive at all which is a huge plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas