Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I am usually too focused on whats going on in my immediate surroundings. School system, local taxes, local crime, local events...etc. When I lived in Northern Italy, my world was Northern Italy, thats it. When I lived in Utah, I only needed to know what was going on in Utah at the time. I didn't care to follow up on what was going on in Italy any more. The same can be said for the other 5 places I have lived(overseas and state side).

If I moved to Texas, Egypt, Cali or Des Moines, Im 99.9% sure I would never post in this section again.

Don't take offense, it is just how I am.
No offense.

I don't see it as posting in a section, I see it as meeting and interacting with people. Once I move away, I'll likely still likely check in on the Iowa forum or the Des Moines one. I am a vegetarian but still read threads about non-vegetarian foods in the food and drink forum. I don't drink vodka but I might still read a thread about it in the alcoholic beverages forum. A friend IRL who posts on CD moved from Omaha to South Dakota and she checks out the forums for her old city and new hometown. The world is too big to be so focused on one teeny speck of this planet.

My opinion, of course. Do what makes you happy!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:06 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,154,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I for one would miss you.
I am not going anywhere anytime soon(too much family in Vegas). Even though I may take a job abroad some place else, My family will stay behind.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,154,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
No offense.

I don't see it as posting in a section, I see it as meeting and interacting with people. Once I move away, I'll likely still likely check in on the Iowa forum or the Des Moines one. I am a vegetarian but still read threads about non-vegetarian foods in the food and drink forum. I don't drink vodka but I might still read a thread about it in the alcoholic beverages forum. A friend IRL who posts on CD moved from Omaha to South Dakota and she checks out the forums for her old city and new hometown. The world is too big to be so focused on one teeny speck of this planet.

My opinion, of course. Do what makes you happy!
Those threads are different. I am in the Automotive, Great Debates, Politics, Work and Unemployment as well because I can relate or enjoy the hobby. Other cities, never. Unless I have a specific direct question.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:32 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,404 times
skisickie, you have had your share of snarky comments. Some of them were not necessary nor pertinent to the conversation. Here are a couple:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I have made many, but teaching my children to beware because you might get caught is not one of them.
And Geek you know trolls? I guess you look like one you know one?
Quote:
Um
maybe you should have taught her right from wrong?
Eyes in the Skies are not everywhere, but she should still do the right thing even when no one is watching.
What if no one saw those kitties get drown it still happened.
And, just as you get snarky when snarks are posted to you, so do others. It is not so easy to just let it go, is it? You would think it should be when it is all virtual, but...maybe it was in the wording, maybe it was a tone that was not detected because of a computer print? But, nonetheless, it was there and there are more.

Quote:
My stupid kid took bullets to school, I had to pick him up from the school in the middle of the workday. Loss of money, etc. He got them from a friend of mine by climbing up to the cabinet above the refrig.
The punishment I picked after smacking his backside and much yelling is that he had to go to the library and do research on what bullets can do even without guns.
I told him a 3 page report or else.
Strange thing is there is just not that many things that bullets can do without guns. LOL
And funny that I see this post when you responded to mine as you did. Also, there were other posts about your son being an addict. Now, I would expect a mother, who has gone through children choosing to do "wrong" to understand instead of judge like you did, but whatever...

The point is that if you throw barbs, you will get them back eventually. Especially when you have no idea who is who here and who may have met someone and such. I am not a mean person, but your comment sure made me want to be mean, at the moment.

Also, I did see many, many comments regarding your husband and all that you had to go through. They were compassionate and caring. Most of the people here, (especially the regulars) are very nice people, IMO. I don't think they are out to bash anyone for no real reason. There are obviously some kooks, but every forum gets those. They get bashed.

As far as posting in other city forums...when you are considering a move to that city, I think it is a good idea. I posted from MI all the time. It was informative. I like to be as prepared as I think I can be before I make a decision and research is one way to do that. I don't post as much in the MI forums anymore, but occasionally I see something that I can lend info to or it just interests me. I mean, ElleTea has met some of the people here. She has an interest, she can relate. Nothing strange, IMO, with that.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
True enough, on all counts.

Skisickie is correct too, time to move on to other subjects.
Have a nice day, Observer53.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:51 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Quote:
True enough, on all counts.

Skisickie is correct too, time to move on to other subjects.
Quote:
Have a nice day, Observer53.

Just to be more clear, I meant that skisickie was correct in that it was time to move off what was, or wasn't, the nature of her surgery.

As the old saying goes, be kinder than necessary, as everyone is fighting some kind of battle. Let's not go back and revisit posting history and make a tally of snarkiness. We've all been there!

Moving on....

Old 08-27-2012, 03:35 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,404 times
Quote:
Just to be more clear, I meant that skisickie was correct in that it was time to move off what was, or wasn't, the nature of her surgery.

As the old saying goes, be kinder than necessary, as everyone is fighting some kind of battle. Let's not go back and revisit posting history and make a tally of snarkiness. We've all been there!

Moving on....
Sorry, but that was in response to skisickie accusing others of snarkiness. Some people tend to forget they have also been there, done that. It's true, everyone is fighting a some kind of battle.

With all people there will be differences of opinions and snarkiness. I am glad that we have a LV Chat Thread to contain those comments here. This is not the first time and won't be the last that there are differences. They tend to just fade off after a few posts on their own.

Thank you.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
This the chat thread. Anything goes. Within reason.
As for Skisickie, I have tried to be nice. I am also the one that invited her to meetups. Not because everyone would sit around and judge her, but because I was trying to be nice. And she could meet some more locals that are actually nice. No hidden motives. But you know, I should not have wasted my time. At least i won't make that mistake again.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
This the chat thread. Anything goes. Within reason.
As for Skisickie, I have tried to be nice. I am also the one that invited her to meetups. Not because everyone would sit around and judge her, but because I was trying to be nice. And she could meet some more locals that are actually nice. No hidden motives. But you know, I should not have wasted my time. At least i won't make that mistake again.
Please don't. I have a mean left hook.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:44 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
Quote:
Please don't. I have a mean left hook.

Oh! I've got a wicked right cross!! Kickboxing and all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas