Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's 49 here, but the rain has stopped for now. I just cannot seem to get my feet warm. I'm wearing thick socks and leather shoes and my toes are still freezing.
It's 78 and sunny at noon on Miami Beach, going up to a high of 81 today.

I'm sitting here on my sofa looking out on the ocean and watching some parasailers enjoying the weather.

Maybe I should get out there and enjoy the sunshine myself. I'm flying out to Vegas Sunday for a few days and I'll probably miss this warmth while I'm there.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:29 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
It's 78 and sunny at noon on Miami Beach, going up to a high of 81 today.

I'm sitting here on my sofa looking out on the ocean and watching some parasailers enjoying the weather.

Maybe I should get out there and enjoy the sunshine myself. I'm flying out to Vegas Sunday for a few days and I'll probably miss this warmth while I'm there.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in. I hope a shark nips you on the ass.

I've had a couple of job offers in Florida, but I'd rather stay in the west if possible. Plus, the offers were not in Miami, but the Orlando area. I don't care for Orlando.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
^^Then you can hang out with Davie if you end up there.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
^^Then you can hang out with Davie if you end up there.
She can mother him...Davie would like that...

Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
She can mother him...Davie would like that...
Gee thanks guys

I don't need any mothering, I can take care of myself thanks. But just out of curiosity NLVGal, what makes you not care for Orlando so much?

Old 12-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Gee thanks guys

I don't need any mothering, I can take care of myself thanks. But just out of curiosity NLVGal, what makes you not care for Orlando so much?
I've been there a couple of times on business, so it's not like I've mixed with the locals all that much, but the trips were not pleasant. I'm not going to get into all the reasons why because I am not interested in offending people who might love the place.

Don't take it personally. I didn't like Denver either.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I've been there a couple of times on business, so it's not like I've mixed with the locals all that much, but the trips were not pleasant. I'm not going to get into all the reasons why because I am not interested in offending people who might love the place.

Don't take it personally. I didn't like Denver either.
You wont offend me NLVgal, Orlando is just like Vegas in a sense that you either love it or hate it. And we get people over in the Orlando forum constantly bashing us the same way people in the Vegas forum do

As far as Orlando vs Vegas. I am still torn on which city I like more. Though I do know money and job opportunities are much better in Las Vegas than they are back here

On the other hand, most of my friends, and all of my family are here, and there are certain places in Orlando that feel like home to me that no place in Vegas could ever replicate

Old 12-15-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
You wont offend me NLVgal, Orlando is just like Vegas in a sense that you either love it or hate it. And we get people over in the Orlando forum constantly bashing us the same way people in the Vegas forum do

As far as Orlando vs Vegas. I am still torn on which city I like more. Though I do know money and job opportunities are much better in Las Vegas than they are back here

On the other hand, most of my friends, and all of my family are here, and there are certain places in Orlando that feel like home to me that no place in Vegas could ever replicate
You are planning on attending CSN and UNLV for the hospitality programs, right? It's an excellent idea and will serve you well in either city once you graduate. It might be hard to be away from your friends and family for the period of your studies, but there are so many inexpensive ways of keeping in touch now that it doesn't have to be a time of isolation for you.

To answer your original question, I didn't like Orlando because the whole town smelled like a basement to me. The humidity is awful, and the people that worked in the hotels were inefficient. Here in Vegas, we value efficiency, though we are not as friendly as some would like.

I didn't care for Orlando, but I absolutely hated Atlanta. I don't think the south is for me in general.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
You are planning on attending CSN and UNLV for the hospitality programs, right? It's an excellent idea and will serve you well in either city once you graduate. It might be hard to be away from your friends and family for the period of your studies, but there are so many inexpensive ways of keeping in touch now that it doesn't have to be a time of isolation for you.

To answer your original question, I didn't like Orlando because the whole town smelled like a basement to me. The humidity is awful, and the people that worked in the hotels were inefficient. Here in Vegas, we value efficiency, though we are not as friendly as some would like.

I didn't care for Orlando, but I absolutely hated Atlanta. I don't think the south is for me in general.
Which is one of the reasons I am choosing hotel management. I will have great career prospects in my two favorite cities

Orlando doesn't smell like a basement to me, most homes here don't even have those haha

The south is not for me either. I could only live in Orlando or Miami. The rest of Florida is too redneck and backwards if you ask me. Same with Nevada, I could not live anywhere in NV outside the Las Vegas Valley, too country.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
An old baby.

Posted from Nokia 8210
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas