Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 09:44 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Been exploring different neighborhoods of Las Vegas the past couple months with 2-4am walks with my ferret.

We just take off in the car, find some area we haven't been in before, stop the car, and start walking, usually a 4-block square area.

We've all but exhausted the Huntridge district, the big treat: lots of green grass lawns left and individualistic brick houses to look at it! Walking east of 15th street from St. Louis, it gets a bit shadier, and one night, we even crossed Charleston, around 15th Street, to walk in that area, which is much shadier than the area south of Charleston. There's also a shadier area closer to Sahara. Some really nice areas though, with some well-kept homes, and expensive cars parked outside!

Last month, we did Flamingo Crest and Hazelcrest neighborhoods near Sandhill and Flamingo. Certainly not as interesting as Huntridge, but very well-kept neighborhoods.

We've also taken our walks around Scotch 80's/Pinto Lane, and it gets pretty dark over there with the lack of street lights!

Interesting observation about the Huntridge area, there's streets with sidewalks, and some streets have no sidewalks, you merely walk in those narrow streets. But, afterall, those areas were laid out in the 1940's!

Some of those houses look very much like the 1939 home I owned in Phoenix, with those multi-paned windows.

The other night we headed further west to around DI/Decatur. 1980 homes, which I deplore! Surprised how run down some of those areas are over there, unattended lawns, and a few abandoned homes. Don't think we'll be returning to that part of town!

Where to go tonite? There's an enclave of houses near Spencer/Flamingo, with few street lights, rather dark in that area, now there's an idea!

Yes, we've occasionally set off dogs barking at night, but isn't this a 24 hour city, with myself being apart of the 24,000 nightshift workers in this city? Are we suppose to just stay in our houses early hours of the morning?

Old 04-23-2015, 07:07 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Once a year, the crescent moon sets over the Spring Mountains so that it looks like a pair of squinting eyes.

Here it is.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:14 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times

Old 04-27-2015, 12:02 PM

15 posts, read 13,937 times
That is so cool but are you sure it isn't something spying on us fro Spring Mt.?

Old 05-02-2015, 07:06 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Hello my fellow CD'ers!
Well, after 2 year and 7 month 'dry spell' I am back among the employed!
And... it was all about the 'juice' -- Someone I worked with in NYC, was friends with someone who JUST
opened up a Facility in Las Vegas, and needed 'local talent' -- I was recommended.

With 15 mins notice, (I thought I was just meeting my friend for lunch) I was being interviewed
and started working the next day (when I thought we where just having breakfast!)
Strange days indeed . . . Most peculiar momma.

Jonathan

Old 05-02-2015, 07:24 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
That's great, macgeek! Enjoy your new job and yes, these are strange days indeed.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:40 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
Congrats Jonathan! I got my job here in a similarly strange way. One post on Facebook asking if anyone knew anyone in the A/V field. Got a PM back that a friend had someone on their LinkedIn page who worked for an AV company. It was a connection of a connection. Shot an email, it got forwarded to the owner. The next week I get a call. One lunch at Tommy Bahama and they created a position for me. Happily working there ever since.. You never know...

Old 05-02-2015, 10:30 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Hello my fellow CD'ers!
And... it was all about the 'juice' -- Someone I worked with in NYC, was friends with someone who JUST
opened up a Facility in Las Vegas, and needed 'local talent' -- I was recommended.

With 15 mins notice, (I thought I was just meeting my friend for lunch) I was being interviewed
and started working the next day (when I thought we where just having breakfast!)

Jonathan
Congratulations!!!!!

Old 05-02-2015, 11:37 AM

117 posts, read 145,999 times
Congrats macgeek!!!

Old 05-02-2015, 01:16 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Hello my fellow CD'ers!

Jonathan
Wow. Has it really been that long?
Congratulation.

(I'm a fan of the adventures of macgeek.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas