Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 02:42 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,515,823 times
So I've been back since Friday and here's my overall experience so far

The NW has gotten much more built up now, some areas I don't recognize anymore....mainly the 215 between 95 and Aliante Parkway is a legit freeway now, and its a nice ride

Speaking of the 95, I'm so happy that big widening project from Lake Mead to Ann Rd is finally done....it was awesome zipping home at 70 mph at 5:30 PM during rush hour

The Food....eating In-N-Out and getting the "Caniac" combo at Cain's chicken fingers made me feel like a recovering addict who had just relapsed....so delicious

I know I am a true Las Vegan now because I have no interest in spending any time on the strip unless it will be for work (which btw I have an interview at the Wynn tomorrow)

Old friends....my phone has been blowing up with old friends here who have wanted to grab a bite, have a drink, and just catch up, and they've made me feel glad to be back

The people of Vegas in general....maybe its because I'm happy to be here and my positive energy has rubbed off on others, but when I've been out and about everybody that I've run into has been very friendly no real rude people yet (though I'm sure it will happen soon)

Its good to back

Old 03-24-2016, 08:36 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,038,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
So I've been back since Friday and here's my overall experience so far

The NW has gotten much more built up now, some areas I don't recognize anymore....mainly the 215 between 95 and Aliante Parkway is a legit freeway now, and its a nice ride

Speaking of the 95, I'm so happy that big widening project from Lake Mead to Ann Rd is finally done....it was awesome zipping home at 70 mph at 5:30 PM during rush hour

The Food....eating In-N-Out and getting the "Caniac" combo at Cain's chicken fingers made me feel like a recovering addict who had just relapsed....so delicious

I know I am a true Las Vegan now because I have no interest in spending any time on the strip unless it will be for work (which btw I have an interview at the Wynn tomorrow)

Old friends....my phone has been blowing up with old friends here who have wanted to grab a bite, have a drink, and just catch up, and they've made me feel glad to be back

The people of Vegas in general....maybe its because I'm happy to be here and my positive energy has rubbed off on others, but when I've been out and about everybody that I've run into has been very friendly no real rude people yet (though I'm sure it will happen soon)

Its good to back
Good for you!

Old 03-27-2016, 11:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,038,503 times
It was fun to be back for all of 30 hours, but back to work I go. Greetings and Happy Spring / Easter.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:21 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,198,483 times
Hope you all are having a better Easter than we are. Woke to a flooded downstairs bathroom. Cannot find the leak, but seems to be coming from the toilet somewhere we think...or in a wall???
The wonderful warm and fuzzy feeling of home ownership. Lovely way to spend a day.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:42 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,724,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Hope you all are having a better Easter than we are. Woke to a flooded downstairs bathroom. Cannot find the leak, but seems to be coming from the toilet somewhere we think...or in a wall???
The wonderful warm and fuzzy feeling of home ownership. Lovely way to spend a day.
Of course turn off the commode. Generally a valve at the wall. If not it then listen. Stick you ear to the wall or other likely places. Even small leaks are audio detectable. Other likely spots are feeds to tubs and showers.

If not plumber time. Kill the water to the unit and call one.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Of course turn off the commode. Generally a valve at the wall. If not it then listen. Stick you ear to the wall or other likely places. Even small leaks are audio detectable. Other likely spots are feeds to tubs and showers.

If not plumber time. Kill the water to the unit and call one.
We sopped up all the water, and can not find any water leaking anywhere. Went outside and it looks like water had been leaking at one time from that bathroom to the outside wall, but nothing current that we can see.
One site said a main drain can be clogged, but where is it???? Do the floors have to be ripped out to find it?? Stubborn husband wants to try to do it all himself,but not getting it done.
He said when he was in the kitchen earlier running water in the sink that he heard gurgling noises from the drain which was unusual. This was before the flood.
Plus there was water leaking from under the kitchen sink that was not there last night.

I told stubborn male that he has homeowners insurance, so call them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:07 PM

There is a clean out somewhere often around the outside periphery of the house. But they can also access the sewer from a commode. They can run a camera down it and look if that is the suspicion. A sewer overflow could be the cause and it would cause both the kitchen sink and the commode to overflow. You would normally see some sign of this on the commode or the kitchen cabinetry. It is not a neat process.

I would wait a bit and see if it repeats. Could be a one time stoppage. Might also check with neighbors and see if anyone else had a problem.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your view such things can happen once and never again. Or every year or so. We have one commode that blocks every 6 months...we are sure their is some sort of obstruction but are not sure it is worth the effort to fix. Just plunge every 6 months.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:59 PM

The toilet was not blocked. it was clear water that came out from somewhere and flooded the room and the outside hall. It is all cleaned out, still trying to find some sort of leak. Did turn the water back on to flush the toilet and all was fine. Turned the water back off again until we know for sure what it was. My husband thinks it was something in the tank that malfunctioned and sprayed water out the back of it. The walls are fine, the wall to the garage is fine, because when it happened, I immediately thought it was the Unit 1 again like when they left their water running all night long(around August of 2011 or thereabouts) in their bathroom, which is on the other side of the wall from D's office, and the bathroom is below there.

It's wearying. Still trying to dry the carpet using fans and a hair dryer for awhile. He did it, I have better things to do.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The toilet was not blocked. it was clear water that came out from somewhere and flooded the room and the outside hall. It is all cleaned out, still trying to find some sort of leak. Did turn the water back on to flush the toilet and all was fine. Turned the water back off again until we know for sure what it was. My husband thinks it was something in the tank that malfunctioned and sprayed water out the back of it. The walls are fine, the wall to the garage is fine, because when it happened, I immediately thought it was the Unit 1 again like when they left their water running all night long(around August of 2011 or thereabouts) in their bathroom, which is on the other side of the wall from D's office, and the bathroom is below there.

It's wearying. Still trying to dry the carpet using fans and a hair dryer for awhile. He did it, I have better things to do.
If it is not dry by the morning drop me a DM and you can borrow our big industrial fan. Makes a hurricane.

Sewer back up can be clear...ie a shower or a bath tub drives it rather than a commode.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:34 AM

110 posts, read 234,770 times
Best thing you could do is get the marriage annulled by a NV Lawyer on rounds of Bigamy, which you`ll most likely need proof of to show, and then just continue your life and move on. In your case, I would`nt seek revenge as it only costs you money and lots of nerves. just not worth it... Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas