Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2017, 03:20 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,416,349 times

Advertisements

Yeah, they might give you Pulmicort, along with the Albuterol. The Albuterol opens up your bronchial tubes wider so you can get more oxygen delivered and the Pulmicort helps mobilize secretions, so you can cough them up and out. Not to get too gross, I'm a Respiratory Therapist and lately a Sleep Technician. I am out of work right now in Kansas City - we live in Grandview, MO, about 22 miles south of Kansas City, MO. Wow - I thought I read it from LVD himself that a friend taught him daytrading, and that it took massive amounts of his time online doing it. But, yeah, I also heard that he was a security guard. So he is doing security guard work 7 days a week. Whoa it either rains or pours with work sometimes, ya know what I mean?

I hope he got out of that apartment that he didn't like much. Oh well, take care aqualung - I hope you can get out and get a ride that you can put your wheelchair in and get it out and wheel around the Strip and such. Good fortune to you on getting to do that. Take care and we'll talk again, hopefully soon!

Old 07-30-2017, 02:11 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,640,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Yeah, they might give you Pulmicort, along with the Albuterol. The Albuterol opens up your bronchial tubes wider so you can get more oxygen delivered and the Pulmicort helps mobilize secretions, so you can cough them up and out. Not to get too gross, I'm a Respiratory Therapist and lately a Sleep Technician. I am out of work right now in Kansas City - we live in Grandview, MO, about 22 miles south of Kansas City, MO. Wow - I thought I read it from LVD himself that a friend taught him daytrading, and that it took massive amounts of his time online doing it. But, yeah, I also heard that he was a security guard. So he is doing security guard work 7 days a week. Whoa it either rains or pours with work sometimes, ya know what I mean?

I hope he got out of that apartment that he didn't like much. Oh well, take care aqualung - I hope you can get out and get a ride that you can put your wheelchair in and get it out and wheel around the Strip and such. Good fortune to you on getting to do that. Take care and we'll talk again, hopefully soon!
I'm not sure what they're giving me, but it works. The bipaphelps with my sleep apnea. LVD's security job is very easy. He just visits his various sites several times each evening and just checks up on them. I haven't visited his latest place of residence, but he's living in Henderson now. I visited the house he was sharing with other people, and it was within walking distance of Sunset Park. Nice place. Like I said, I'd need a doctor's permission to leave St. Joseph's and take a CNA with me.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:18 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,416,349 times
Like I said, I'd need a doctor's permission to leave St. Joseph's and take a CNA with me.

Wonder if a doctor would give you permission. The Strip is always where I head to first if I cruise to Lost Wages. I like to crank up some Foghat or Drive-By Truckers and take in what the German band The Scorpions calls 'The Zoo' - by their famous tune of the same name. They are describing 42nd St. in NYC in that song.

aqualung, my friend, don't you go away uneasy, you poor old salt, you see, it's only me. Drop in here as often as you like. This thread is where I started my city-data journey. Been a long, strange journey.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:39 PM

I'd love it if a doctor giveme his permision. I'll drop by here every now and then. I've been a member of City-Data since November 2007. A lot of people have come and gone since then.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:13 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,038,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I'd love it if a doctor giveme his permision. I'll drop by here every now and then. I've been a member of City-Data since November 2007. A lot of people have come and gone since then.
I guess I'm going to have to be the one who takes you on a walk. I kissed you on the cheek back in your Fremont Street days. You look terrified in the photo.

You don't need a doctor's permission. You just need to sign the form that releases them from liability.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:40 AM

No, 100 hall patients need a doctor's permission to leave the property. 200 and 300 hall patients can leave property if they have a responsible adult with them. You'll have to post that picture of us, NLVgal. Honestly, I don't remember that event happening. It's pretty rare that I get kissed. The last time was when I was at Complex Care, and that was two years ago. One of my CNAs kissed me before I left. Women generally aren't attracted to me in romantic way. I'm more of their father confessor figure. I've had female friends tell me that the tell me secrets that they won't tell their boyfriends or spouses. Go figure. A couple of nice things about the local bus line (the RTC) has wheelchair access and charge wheelchair people half price fares. They even have special buses for handicaped people, but you have to book those a few days in advance.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,038,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
No, 100 hall patients need a doctor's permission to leave the property. 200 and 300 hall patients can leave property if they have a responsible adult with them. You'll have to post that picture of us, NLVgal. Honestly, I don't remember that event happening. It's pretty rare that I get kissed. The last time was when I was at Complex Care, and that was two years ago. One of my CNAs kissed me before I left. Women generally aren't attracted to me in romantic way. I'm more of their father confessor figure. I've had female friends tell me that the tell me secrets that they won't tell their boyfriends or spouses. Go figure. A couple of nice things about the local bus line (the RTC) has wheelchair access and charge wheelchair people half price fares. They even have special buses for handicaped people, but you have to book those a few days in advance.
You don't want me to post that picture. It's not flattering. Are you free next weekend? Can you get a pass? It would be my pleasure to take you out for the day. You're paying though.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You don't want me to post that picture. It's not flattering. Are you free next weekend? Can you get a pass? It would be my pleasure to take you out for the day. You're paying though.
You could always email it to me. My address is show40@gmail.com. I'd love to go out, but they haven't given me my electric wheelchair yet. It'd be a little hard dor me to pick up the tab, since I only have something like $2.95 on a Mastercard gift card. :/

Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM

23,072 posts, read 28,795,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Well anyone who moves into an apartment next to a bar should know what they are in for.
Prior to the expansion of night clubs to Fremont East, there were people living in those older apartment buildings for many years, and since they were there first, they have a right to squawk and they have, protesting the noise.

Now with this 5 story apartment building they're putting up on 9th/Fremont, if they did a poor investigation of the environs before moving in, they have no right to complain!

I've walked my ferret on Fremont East, late at night, and given the noise level, and looking up at the condo's at Ogden, and being so noise sensitive, I wouldn't live in one of those units if they gave me one for free, as well as subtracting the $500+ monthly HOA fees!

Old 08-01-2017, 12:13 PM

9,478 posts, read 12,219,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Prior to the expansion of night clubs to Fremont East, there were people living in those older apartment buildings for many years, and since they were there first, they have a right to squawk and they have, protesting the noise.

Now with this 5 story apartment building they're putting up on 9th/Fremont, if they did a poor investigation of the environs before moving in, they have no right to complain!

I've walked my ferret on Fremont East, late at night, and given the noise level, and looking up at the condo's at Ogden, and being so noise sensitive, I wouldn't live in one of those units if they gave me one for free, as well as subtracting the $500+ monthly HOA fees!
I disagree. If the neighborhood builds up around you like that you have the right to MOVE someplace quiet.

Fremont Street and Fremont East have been noisy or potentially noisy places since the birth of Las Vegas. it's their fault they chose to live downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas