Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 09:34 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
I thought everyone knows you stick the gun in your mouth. I guess not.
I've only shot a pistol once. So naieve, I pulled the trigger but I had no idea of the pullback results. It was a real shock to me.

The guy who shot himself and first glazed his head, I believe he was inexperienced with guns, he might have bought one without firing it first and thought when the day came he'd blow his head off.

I had a feisty old 98YO neighbor in Phoenix, and someone broke into her house, stole her gun, so she comes across the street with tears in her eyes, demanding I go to Shooters World with her to replace her Smith & Wesson. She was shell-shocked to learn I didn't own a bun and told me I wasn't an American until I owned one. So, she talked me into it, I bought a Rossi and that's how I learned about the pull-back. I first watched her and she fired 5 rounds without ever moving a muscle, so it looks so easy to me. Wrong!

That gun hasn't been fired since, that was 1995, it sits in storage. When I decide to do it I'll make absolutely sure I'll be out of here for good, without even using a gun.

Walking out in front of a speeding car or truck has some appeal to me but I'd write a note first to thank them for running over me.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:00 AM

496 posts, read 365,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've only shot a pistol once. So naieve, I pulled the trigger but I had no idea of the pullback results. It was a real shock to me.

The guy who shot himself and first glazed his head, I believe he was inexperienced with guns, he might have bought one without firing it first and thought when the day came he'd blow his head off.

I had a feisty old 98YO neighbor in Phoenix, and someone broke into her house, stole her gun, so she comes across the street with tears in her eyes, demanding I go to Shooters World with her to replace her Smith & Wesson. She was shell-shocked to learn I didn't own a bun and told me I wasn't an American until I owned one. So, she talked me into it, I bought a Rossi and that's how I learned about the pull-back. I first watched her and she fired 5 rounds without ever moving a muscle, so it looks so easy to me. Wrong!

That gun hasn't been fired since, that was 1995, it sits in storage. When I decide to do it I'll make absolutely sure I'll be out of here for good, without even using a gun.

Walking out in front of a speeding car or truck has some appeal to me but I'd write a note first to thank them for running over me.
That's not fair to involve other people.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:28 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
That's not fair to involve other people.
Yeah, actually a colleague of mine killed himself that way. On the I-15 during rush hour. Just like him to snarl traffic for everyone. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Chris. I just wasn’t surprised.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:10 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Ya' know that Ahole neighbor that's always giving everyone grief? Step in front of his car.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:54 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I know someone who attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head...he missed. He survived but BADLY disfigured his face. He had to see that every day and he really struggled with it.

I saw a picture of someone who shot himself and survived years ago. It was in some magazine, I forget which. I don't recall exactly how his face was disfigured but remember that it was. Not extremely bad, though. I guess his spirits rebounded as he's with other people in a restaurant in the picture and he's smiling, too.

I'll never forget the other picture I saw of a man who was shot one or more times in the head and survived. He was involved in organized crime. In the picture there's a dent on his forehead jutting out, his eyes are looking in two different directions, and on top of all that he's smiling for the picture, which was a mug shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yeah, actually a colleague of mine killed himself that way. On the I-15 during rush hour. Just like him to snarl traffic for everyone. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Chris. I just wasn’t surprised.

Sorry to hear about your colleague. Sounds like he jumped on to the highway and was run over.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I saw a picture of someone who shot himself and survived years ago. It was in some magazine, I forget which. I don't recall exactly how his face was disfigured but remember that it was. Not extremely bad, though. I guess his spirits rebounded as he's with other people in a restaurant in the picture and he's smiling, too.

I'll never forget the other picture I saw of a man who was shot one or more times in the head and survived. He was involved in organized crime. In the picture there's a dent on his forehead jutting out, his eyes are looking in two different directions, and on top of all that he's smiling for the picture, which was a mug shot!

Sorry to hear about your colleague. Sounds like he jumped on to the highway and was run over.
Not exactly. Here’s a bit on Chris.

https://books.google.com/books?id=C0...inberg&f=false

Old 07-28-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Not exactly. Chris was indicted for hacking into one of our previous client’s servers to lock everyone out. It went federal ( never mess with medical data) and on the day he was convicted, he simply pulled over and walked in front of a bus on the freeway.

I guess he didn’t realize he was going to get a fairly light sentence. He was always brilliant, but strange in the head.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:08 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I guess he didn’t realize he was going to get a fairly light sentence. He was always brilliant, but strange in the head.

Though he would have a felony record.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Though he would have a felony record.
And he was de-barred in terms of never allowed to work in IT or medicine again. He did manage to get his name into a book though. He’d like that. Good looking as hell, smart as a whip, but crazy. Seriously so.

God Bless him, on one of his best freak outs, it was like something out of a National Lampoon movie. He lived in an upscale gated community and was trying to hang Christmas lights on the house. After doing all the work, there’s a burned out bulb or a tangle, or whatever.

Apparently, Chris stripped off his clothes and went running down the manicured street screaming obscenities and dressed only in tangled Christmas lights.

That’s not even my best Chris story.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:33 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
You can get banned on facebook for saying white trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas