U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,098,714 times

Advertisements

Meh, that's too much work. I'd like to try fishing from a boat, it's been awhile. Trout are great, but I'd like to catch some bass and catfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 12:54 PM

12,252 posts, read 17,128,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I remember reading that story as a kid.
Official Title was "The Five Chinese Brothers"

Old 01-14-2010, 04:08 PM

11,590 posts, read 20,544,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I was talking about size, not natural versus man made. Lake Superior is bigger than Lake Baikal? It must be truly massive then, since Lake Baikal is over 5k feet deep, and holds 20% of the world's surface fresh water.
According to Wiki. I think they mean area though, not depth. Says Lake Victoria is also larger. If Baikal is the one I'm thinking of, it's the most pristine in the world and the Russians protect it to keep it that way.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:22 PM

11,590 posts, read 20,544,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
The best place i have found for trout off the river is Icebox Cove right next to Nelson Landing. There is spot on the north end of Lake Mead that is big mouth galore. The area is listed on the topical map as Overton Arm but it's a bit aways from Overton, north east of Overton. You need a good vehicle with a lot of ground clearance to get down the jeep trail that runs 20 miles through a desert wash.
Do you fish from the shore at Nelson or from a boat? Gotta watch for snakes along the river shore.

Overton is also home of trophy crappie but I've only read about it, never fished up that far. Used to hunt up there though. Had a scary adventure at the mouth of the Virgin when I got stuck in quick sand once. Too bad they closed the marina there. Used to be a good place to rent a boat.

I've caught large mouth, small mouth, and striped bass out there, but mostly I don't catch much on Lake Mead. Some people can't stop pulling them in though. I prefer to go to places like Eagle Valley. My favorite is Cave Lake up at Ely. Little far to drive though. Haven't been fishing much in a while except to drown some worms at Tule Springs. I hope the state budget cuts don't affect the parks and fishing holes cause when it warms up I'd like to go.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 PM

11,730 posts, read 10,000,453 times
Being a night shift worker, on days off, you'll find me bicycling or walking around at 2-3AM. One of the problems I encounter being a late night bicyclist is the 24 hour fast food chains won't allow me to line up in back of the cars to buy a burger. Apparently, it's against the law, but no window to order food from.

I was out biking last night and hallelujia! I discovered the new Checkers fast food drive-through restaurant on Boulder Hwy/DI. They have a window where you can order food from if you're on foot, at 3AM! And a nice well-lit outdoor eating area! Only 6 blocks from my house.

Leaving there, as I bicycled down Boulder Hwy, I spoted a "woman of the night", well-dressed, casually go to a used car in a used car lot there, open the door and, as I passed by, I couldn't see her behind the steering wheel.
Perhaps she was just going to sleep.

Makes me wonder, are used car lot owners renting out sleeping spaces in their used cars at night? Nothing would surprise me today!

Old 01-15-2010, 11:39 PM

9,585 posts, read 15,068,705 times
what is checkers? hamburgers?

Old 01-16-2010, 12:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 14,888,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
what is checkers? hamburgers?
It is Rally's were I came from. Unfortunately, there is only one in Vegas.

Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. (http://www.checkers.com/index.html - broken link)

Old 01-16-2010, 01:52 AM

9,585 posts, read 15,068,705 times
we had rally's in ohio,,, imo doesn't compare to in and out.. now im getting hungry wish there was one really close.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:39 AM

I tried Checkers, but I didn't think that much of it. The last burger that really impressed me was at Tiffany's, inside the White Cross Pharmacy, on LVBN & Oakey. Great food, and they're open 24 hours.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:49 PM

And further speaking of food, I had the pleasure of having brunch with LVD at the Eastside Cannery today. Contrary to popular opinion, he wasn't drunk, and looks nothing like his profile picture. I find him to be a well spoken, affable person. Definitely a hoopy frood, who always knows where his towel is. His generosity is greatly appreciated. We are of one mind in that we need to hold a DDO in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas