U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,202,008 times
Reputation: 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Just no gay stuff with him...ok, LVD?
Honestly, I am straight as an arrow. My roommate is gay though, but he will not bother Davie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
11,230 posts, read 9,252,818 times
Reputation: 14349
Always remember: No good deed goes unpunished!

It sometimes takes a herculean effort to keep myself afloat today, and that's all I need is someone else becoming dependent on me, in any form or shape.

When cousins, nephews, nieces from back home court the idea of coming out here to live, I tend to exaggerate the negative. As long as they have a secure job back home, I urge them to stay put, as I always fear the worst may happen: they come out here, they fall on their faces, and I end up being partly responsible. No thanks!

This is my circuitous response to Davie coming out here, and for those offering their help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
12,246 posts, read 16,492,903 times
Reputation: 5645
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Honestly, I am straight as an arrow. My roommate is gay though, but he will not bother Davie.
In that case, I don't know if I ever said this yet, but it is an honorable gesture offering him a place to stay and helping him out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,202,008 times
Reputation: 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
In that case, I don't know if I ever said this yet, but it is an honorable gesture offering him a place to stay and helping him out.
I am the kind of person who does my best to help everyone I can to the best of my abilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:21 PM
 
8,780 posts, read 4,918,398 times
Reputation: 2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Always remember: No good deed goes unpunished!

It sometimes takes a herculean effort to keep myself afloat today, and that's all I need is someone else becoming dependent on me, in any form or shape.

When cousins, nephews, nieces from back home court the idea of coming out here to live, I tend to exaggerate the negative. As long as they have a secure job back home, I urge them to stay put, as I always fear the worst may happen: they come out here, they fall on their faces, and I end up being partly responsible. No thanks!

This is my circuitous response to Davie coming out here, and for those offering their help.
If Davie fails in Las Vegas, what has he lost? I don't have one qualm about helping him. I admire his independence and ambition. If this adventure doesn't work for him, he will find another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
12,246 posts, read 16,492,903 times
Reputation: 5645
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am the kind of person who does my best to help everyone I can to the best of my abilities.
Then, please....just put a shirt on in that profile pic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:25 PM
 
Location: In my house
8,783 posts, read 14,805,279 times
Reputation: 5369
I think there are enough people on this board that will watch over Davie and keep him safe. His family should be able to rest easy knowing there are plenty of regular nice people in Las Vegas and we aren't all a bunch of psycho's. Plus it is a very admirable thing to do LVD, to let him stay with you temporarily. I think he will do fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,202,008 times
Reputation: 6350
Davie just called me! He is in Lake Charles, Louisiana for the night. He said everything is going well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:46 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,202,008 times
Reputation: 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Then, please....just put a shirt on in that profile pic!
Maybe that is why those hot RN nurses at Centrifuge were making fun of me last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
12,246 posts, read 16,492,903 times
Reputation: 5645
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Davie just called me! He is in Lake Charles, Louisiana for the night. He said everything is going well.
That's just like our Davie...he's even pitching in to clean up the oil mess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top