Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 01:06 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Having my two older Toyota's smog tested every year is one of the most stressful times of the year for me. One year I was forced to have a new carburetor put in, another year it was something else that cost over $200.

I know, from the grapevine, that there are some illicit places in town you can get your car passed with a generous tip, but you need to know which ones will do it. Take someone who can barely afford to own a car, let alone put gas in it, you can well believe, from talking to others in a similar predicament, that faced with hundreds in repair bills, they'll find someone who will kindly steer them somewhere where it will get passed.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:09 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Steak good!

I've been having "fun" with my census job this last week. They screwed up my second set of prints, so I had to have them done for a third time. Until the results come back, I can't work.

It's enough to drive a person to drink! I did have two large Jack & Cokes (large beer mug with ice, half Jack, and half Coke), and I fell asleep watching the DVD of Alice in Wonderland. I'll watch it again tomorrow. Astro Boy was good, and I still need to watch Sector 9.
Being alive drives me to drink anymore. I hope you get your job cleared up soon. If you ever want a drink or two, contact me. I also promise not to throw yogurt on you.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:13 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Having my two older Toyota's smog tested every year is one of the most stressful times of the year for me. One year I was forced to have a new carburetor put in, another year it was something else that cost over $200.

I know, from the grapevine, that there are some illicit places in town you can get your car passed with a generous tip, but you need to know which ones will do it. Take someone who can barely afford to own a car, let alone put gas in it, you can well believe, from talking to others in a similar predicament, that faced with hundreds in repair bills, they'll find someone who will kindly steer them somewhere where it will get passed.
As I have posted before, the emission testing is nothing more than a scam on poor people. I also knew a former roommate who knew a "guaranteed pass" tester where you would pay him $50, and he would test another car under your vehicle indentification number. I no longer have his number, but I got my car through the test totally legal so I feel better about that anyways.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Being alive drives me to drink anymore. I hope you get your job cleared up soon. If you ever want a drink or two, contact me. I also promise not to throw yogurt on you.
Sounds like a plan, LVD. I don't usually drink the hard stuff, and rarely Jack. My friend Trudy had a really bad day today, so I treated her to a bottle. If I'm mixing with Coke, I prefer bourbon. I also love single malt scotch neat.

And thanks for not throwing yogurt at me.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I also love single malt scotch neat.
I'm a scotch drinker myself. Talisker, from the Isle of Skye, is my single malt of choice.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
When I was 16, my Grandfather [a 1st generation North American whose father and mother came to Canada from Stornaway in the Outer Hebrides] caught me coming home from a dance one morning[slightly tipsy] as he was getting ready to leave for work. He CALLED in and then told me....IF YOU ARE GOING TO DRINK, you'll do it the RIGHT way.
We sat down at the dinning table with a fifth of scotch and two glasses...and we traded drink for drink until the bottle was empty. He could actually have gone to work that day as a brakeman on the railroad. I on the other hand learned the TRUE reward for excessive drinking and have not touched a drop of scotch since then [52 years ago]

Old 06-04-2010, 08:27 AM

149 posts, read 121,963 times
Default The glorious game

Are all you good people of Las Vegas getting all excited aboutthe upcoming world cup football tournament? First game forEngland is against the USA!!! Betcha can hardly contain yourexitement!!! Can I hear crickets???

Old 06-04-2010, 08:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
A football has a point on each end.....

Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm a scotch drinker myself. Talisker, from the Isle of Skye, is my single malt of choice.
I love Laphroaig Quarter Cask (Islay), neat. Since it's $60 a bottle at Lee's, I don't get to enjoy it that often.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:23 AM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
At least you don't have to do saftey too. I would love if anyone would dm me teach's info. I have a car that needs work and he sounds like the man to do it. Free steak with car repairs? DEAL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas