U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-18-2010, 08:57 AM

4,823 posts, read 5,063,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
JJ & LVD...sorry to hear about your loss of loved ones. They physical loss is tough to handle, but they will live on through the memories you shared with them.
Allow me to pass along my condolences as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-18-2010, 09:21 AM

3,731 posts, read 5,263,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just returned from my whirlwind 3-day rural Nevada 1250 mile road trip.

One night each in Tonopah, Elko, Ely. Also, short stops in Austin (a romp thru the old cemetery), Carlin, Wells
(earthquake damage still hasn't been repaired) Pioche.

The highlight of the trip: Lamoille Canyon out of Elko. It had just rained and the waterfalls were gushing out of the canyon walls and that wild canyon stream was awesome. Still lots of snow in the mountains.

Stayed in downtown Ely and had some fabulous food at the landmark Nevada Hotel there, nicely restored thanks to a Las Vegas investor. I just love that little town, as well as Elko, and I just wish both were a hundred miles closer.

I guess I'm showing my age as I max out now at 3-4 hours of driving, even though on those desolate rural stretches, you can whizz along at 90-100.
God forbid you should have car problems up there, which is why I took a rental car.

If I had had more time I would have explored Manhattan and Atlanta, Nevada.
Curious! Why did they name those rural outposts Manhattan and Atlanta?
Some day, another trip, I'll explore those two outposts even though I have an aversion to driving great distances on gravel roads. That 10 mile drive on a gravel road to the Ward ovens out of Ely was a test in itself! Returned that dusty, dirty car to Enterprise, as is!
I love hearing about road trips here in our State...it truly is a beautiful place!

Thanks for posting it tij....

Unread 06-18-2010, 10:02 AM

149 posts, read 17,542 times
Default Footie

Slovenia 2 USA 2. You were robbed - what a comeback from2 - 0 down!! Your third goal should have stood, there was nothingwrong with it. The pundits wrote you off at half time, but theywere wrong!! You showed great never say die spirit, that I love!!You've got a good football team like I wish we had.

Unread 06-18-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david eckersall View Post
Slovenia 2 USA 2. You were robbed - what a comeback from2 - 0 down!! Your third goal should have stood, there was nothingwrong with it. The pundits wrote you off at half time, but theywere wrong!! You showed great never say die spirit, that I love!!You've got a good football team like I wish we had.
Have you ever seen a worse referee than that idiot? And I'm not just referring to the disallowed goal. I heard that that was his first WC match. Hopefully, it will be his last.

Unread 06-18-2010, 10:20 AM

149 posts, read 17,542 times
Yes it was his first big game. The third goal should have stood,It was the USA players being held in the box, they were beingfouled. It was great to see all the USA supporters!! Some hadtheir faces painted red, white and blue! Some were nearlycrying when you scored your second goal, they were burstingwith pride at their team!! Lets see how England get on latertoday. If they can't beat Algeria I'll platt sawdust!!

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:14 AM

10,485 posts, read 12,925,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
If you're fat and stinky, I'm a bald cross-dresser.
Davie and I went to the gym yesterday, and I now weigh 169 at 5'11. I have lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months as I have been on a pretty restrictive diet. I still am 30 pounds overweight as back in 2000 I weighed 140 with 5% bodyfat. I do guess I can at least say I am no longer obese (like I was at 190).

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:19 AM

Default Hallelujah!

I just today received my federal tax refund - which includes the $6,500 homebuyers' credit! Although I filed my taxes in February, shortly after I closed on my house, the IRS held up my refund because the escrow agent who handled the closing refused to prepare a HUD-1 at the time and only sent me a "closing statement." (She said a HUD-1 was only required when there is a mortgage involved.) It wasn't until I received a letter at the end of April from the IRS requesting the HUD-1 that the escrow agent finally prepared it and e-mailed it to me. I still thought that I might have problems because all parties did not sign it. Although it took another six weeks, the IRS did, in fact, process it and now I have my money.

Time to go play some high stakes poker! (j/k)

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david eckersall View Post
Some were nearlycrying when you scored your second goal, they were burstingwith pride at their team!!
I assumed that the fans who were crying were from Slovenia since they were dressed in white as the team was.

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:42 AM

5,408 posts, read 5,986,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Davie and I went to the gym yesterday, and I now weigh 169 at 5'11. I have lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months as I have been on a pretty restrictive diet. I still am 30 pounds overweight as back in 2000 I weighed 140 with 5% bodyfat. I do guess I can at least say I am no longer obese (like I was at 190).
LVD 190 is NOT obese either

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:52 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,869,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I just today received my federal tax refund - which includes the $6,500 homebuyers' credit! Although I filed my taxes in February, shortly after I closed on my house, the IRS held up my refund because the escrow agent who handled the closing refused to prepare a HUD-1 at the time and only sent me a "closing statement." (She said a HUD-1 was only required when there is a mortgage involved.) It wasn't until I received a letter at the end of April from the IRS requesting the HUD-1 that the escrow agent finally prepared it and e-mailed it to me. I still thought that I might have problems because all parties did not sign it. Although it took another six weeks, the IRS did, in fact, process it and now I have my money.

Time to go play some high stakes poker! (j/k)
Moving up to the $2 - $5 no limit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas