U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-11-2010, 07:10 PM

8,913 posts, read 5,119,142 times

Advertisements

Aqua has a deadline at your condo? I never heard of conditional charity before. Maybe the people taking care of the dogs will be more charitable. What is up with comparing Davie to Aqua? Not to be rude but I don't think Davie or Aqua need a friend with such a negative outlook on life. I think you have done some very nice things for people LVD but these people do not become obligated to take your advice when you choose to help them.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 07-11-2010 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Typo
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 07:14 PM

I think I would rather be homeless than beholden to the charity of someone who thinks I should take their advice for gospel.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,903,141 times
Moving in with the sister, again, is not a long term solution. It didn't work for either of them that well...and it won't work again. And when it doesn't...that would be the next crisis.

Last edited by jfkIII; 07-11-2010 at 07:36 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,651,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Aqua has a deadline at your condo? I never heard of conditional charity before. Maybe the people taking care of the dogs will be more charitable. What is up with comparing Davie to Aqua? Not to be rude but I don't think Davie or Aqua need a friend with such a negative outlook on life. I think you have done some very nice things for people LVD but these people do not become obligated to take your advice when you choose to help them.
You are very mistaken here Pommy. I did not put a deadline on Aqualung, my roommate (the condo owner) did. He had already promised the living room to another guy BEFORE Aqualung became homeless. The guy is moving in on the 20th so Aqualung and this guy are even going to have to share the room for a few days. If the condo was mine, I would let him stay for as long as he needs. I have been buying all his food for him too so I think I have been quite charitable, thank you.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:28 PM

Aqua maybe you have to leave Las Vegas to find a permanent solution. You can't count on short term solutions.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You are very mistaken here Pommy. I did not put a deadline on Aqualung, my roommate (the condo owner) did. He had already promised the living room to another guy BEFORE Aqualung became homeless. The guy is moving in on the 20th so Aqualung and this guy are going to share the room for a few days. If the condo was mine, I would let him stay for as long as he needs. I have been buying all his food for him too so I think I have been quite charitable, thank you.
Sorry I offended you LVD but you seem to have become quite sure that your way is the only way. Maybe your landord needs to get a real job instead of making a living by renting out rooms.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,651,389 times
Quote:
I think I would rather be homeless than beholden to the charity of someone who thinks I should take their advice for gospel.
Why are you attacking me now? I never told Aqualung or Davie they had to take my advice. Honestly, I do not know what advice to give Aqualung so I was only asking for help here. I do not ever remember posting I was a saint on here. I am a 35 year old alcoholic who has failed in life. My advice is far from gospel, but I still try to give the best advice I can to help avoid others from making the same mistakes I have.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Why are you attacking me now? I never told Aqualung or Davie they had to take my advice. Honestly, I do not know what advice to give Aqualung so I was only asking for help here. I do not ever remember posting I was a saint on here. I am a 35 year old alcoholic who has failed in life. My advice is far from gospel, but I still try to give the best advice I can to help avoid others from making the same mistakes I have.
I don't mean to be in the attack mode but when I choose to help someone I do so with no strings attached and no unsolicited advice. You also need to work on your self esteem issues. It is not healthy to consider yourself a failure. You are a good man LVD and you need to have to have greater expectations for your future. I will get off my soapbox now.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:59 PM

If your roomie is supported by mommy and daddy then he is probably a lost cause. What movtivation does a person have when someone else pays their way through life?

Old 07-11-2010, 08:55 PM

11,533 posts, read 9,727,005 times
Quote:
Aqua, first thing to know is that you have to find a job that will support you and the iggies. You have to do this with the mindset that no one will help you again when the need arises. I know that sounds harsh but that is reality. My heart is truly aching for the pain you and the iggies must be feeling now. Set your sights on providing for yourself and the iggies.
In this economy and tight job market, where nobody knows if they'lll have a job tomorrow or the next day, I even long hesitated about buying me a small little ferret back in February, let alone an animal that entails more responsibilities. In these times of uncertainty, considering buying a dog never even appeared on my radar screen.

I'm a proud pessimist/realist, who always has backup plans of B,C,D,E & F.

Even buying that animal, I thought: I lose my job, I lose my house, I'm forced to rent a room from someone or get an apartment, will I be able to take my pet with and be able to keep myself fed and the animal as well.

Perhaps it's time for Aqua to consider "downsizing", until these difficult times pass, to a pets that are more manageable, requiring less responsibilites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas