U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,374,262 times

Advertisements

aqualung-I'm headin' there now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 07:03 PM

Awww....little Queenie Beanie....so cute! That's a great You Tube video. That would be tearin' me ta bits, man, too.

Come on, Las Vegans, we're only 26,000 strong up here and that's including Spring Creek, you're what...how many million people living in Vegas now? Someone step up ta the plate and volunteer ta
foster these pups.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:42 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,105,613 times
I filmed that in November of 2008. Queen is being well taken cared of, it's Ace and Jackie that need to find new foster homes by August 10th.

BTW, I keep my beard trimmed short these days.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:08 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,840,200 times
Aqua, are you working the phones all day calling animal groups and agencies and even Vet offices? The chances are almost slim to none that some individual on here is going to respond to your plea. I've got to believe that a city that size has at least 15 animal rescue groups and talking to each one, someone has to know someone who could help.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM

Most of the rescue groups here in Vegas are breed specific, JJ. Even if I find one, I'm worried that I'll never see them again. I had to find a home for my late mother's Yorkies with (I think) the Humane Society, and I don't want to go that route.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,928,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Most of the rescue groups here in Vegas are breed specific, JJ. Even if I find one, I'm worried that I'll never see them again. I had to find a home for my late mother's Yorkies with (I think) the Humane Society, and I don't want to go that route.
I have been trying to find iggy fostering on the internet here at work. I do not think the rescue groups are the way to go as they seem to only allowing donating them, not fostering. I am going to ask my coworker if he can do it before I get off. I also think Sonny will do it, but he lives in Page, AZ so you would rarely see them.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 PM

Yeah, but aqualung, can't you specify that you want them back when you get back on your feet? I won't mention the euth*&*&^ word, but is that what you're worried about? If so, I would be trepidatious to let a rescue group take the two pups as well.

On the Pit Boss show on Animal Planet, Shorty does everything he can to save and find homes for pit bulls, and he always shudders when the eu%^*%&$# word is mentioned. I know there's breed-specific rescue groups out there, we just have ta find them.

When I was researching Chow Chows before I bought Meggy May, I searched the net for Arizona Chow Chow rescue groups and I believe there were two of them, that was in the spring of '08. What do any of you all know about this, people reading this forum? Anyone know of an Iggy rescue group in NV or even AZ?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:29 PM

OK, LVD, then let's concentrate on finding iggy fostering. I still think that someone in Lost Wages somewhere can provide the kind of help we need here. Good thing we have till August 10th to locate foster help.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:47 PM

LVD: Let me know what your coworker says.

As far as I know, Elko, they rescue dogs only, and only foster them until they can find "forever homes" for them. Surrender your dog to these groups, and you'll never see them again.

And yes, I fear "the shot".

Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 AM

Default Iggy fostering help

Aqualung, the "shot" is enough to make the Cup-a-Noods in my stomach turn over and...well, you know. Please people this is not the result we will settle for here, there's enough time to find foster help. I see what you mean, them finding "forever homes" for the pups pretty much dooms you from seeing them again.

Have ta ask the hard questions when talking to these groups, for sure.

Time for the power of prayer...I can not think of a time when that has not
worked in a time of toughness. Hang in there, man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas