U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 07-23-2010, 07:12 AM

10,485 posts, read 12,866,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised you would get penalized for calling someone clueless because I have seen much worse here. I can see getting in trouble with cussing out a mod though.
The moderation is much stronger in the unemployed section. I said...

"you are totally clueless" and got banned for 3 days. Over here, that would not be a violation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-23-2010, 08:11 AM

15,387 posts, read 20,469,640 times
Acoustic ROCKS......my last one was a Goya Custom Classic..

PAWN SHOPS

Unread 07-23-2010, 08:20 AM

883 posts, read 652,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I got the job everybody!
Excellent.

Unread 07-23-2010, 08:41 AM

5,408 posts, read 5,948,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Allow me to add my voice to the chorus of congratulations on your new job, Davie. LVD congratulates you as well, and asks if it's a full time job. Do you carry just ice cream in your shop, or do you have sorbet as well? BTW, did you ever call Everything Medical?
Thank you Adam it is greatly appreciated. This will be a second part time job, Im going to work there Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Pay is $9 an hour. If I work at both Vons and the MGM Grand I may move closer to my jobs. Probably the Summerlin South area like say around Flamingo and 215 or close to Vons right in the heart of Summerlin. As much as I love the NW I need to move further south because that frequent drive would take a lot out of me

Unread 07-23-2010, 08:57 AM

10,485 posts, read 12,866,174 times
Quote:
Thank you Adam it is greatly appreciated. This will be a second part time job, Im going to work there Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Pay is $9 an hour. If I work at both Vons and the MGM Grand I may move closer to my jobs. Probably the Summerlin South area like say around Flamingo and 215 or close to Vons right in the heart of Summerlin. As much as I love the NW I need to move further south because that frequent drive would take a lot out of me

Unread 07-23-2010, 09:36 AM

2,547 posts, read 3,729,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
No LVD around anymore...humm. Any puppy news aqualung?
As you can see, LVD's back. No, I'm still waiting to hear back from the lady from Iggy rescue. I got an email from the husband of the family I was living with, and he said that he'd let me know when they rent another house. From that statement, I'm assuming that they intend to ask me to move back in with them. I asked him, just to make sure. I pray that it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am not banned, but I was suspended for a while. I have cleared up everything with the moderator, and will stay out of the unemployment section from now on.
I just reported what you told me, bro. It's good to have you back. Sigh...and here I thought I was safe from hearing about Alex Jones.

I don't know how long ago it was, but the average life expectancy here in the US was 45.

Quote:
You're welcome, Davie. Do you get free ice cream? Workers at the Ben & Jerry's Factory get two to three pints per day. Is your heart set on Summerlin? You can find an apartment much closer to the Strip for a better rate. In any case, best of luck.

Unread 07-23-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
As you can see, LVD's back. No, I'm still waiting to hear back from the lady from Iggy rescue. I got an email from the husband of the family I was living with, and he said that he'd let me know when they rent another house. From that statement, I'm assuming that they intend to ask me to move back in with them. I asked him, just to make sure. I pray that it's true.

I just reported what you told me, bro. It's good to have you back. Sigh...and here I thought I was safe from hearing about Alex Jones.

I don't know how long ago it was, but the average life expectancy here in the US was 45.

You're welcome, Davie. Do you get free ice cream? Workers at the Ben & Jerry's Factory get two to three pints per day. Is your heart set on Summerlin? You can find an apartment much closer to the Strip for a better rate. In any case, best of luck.
I dont know if I get free ice cream. I refuse to live close to the strip, refuse refuse REFUSE! Ask LVD. I can work down there no problem, but I am FAR TOO impatient to deal with that traffic ALL the time if I were to live near there. I refuse to sit around for some constipated jerk off who wants to go 15 below the limit, and wait 30 seconds AFTER the light turns green before they finally move forward at what seems like a snails pace. If I am driving I need to be moving at a good rate other wise I get po'ed VERY EASILY! Summerlin doesnt have that traffic problem. I like the far west side of the valley anyways, Summerlin has always been my favorite part of town. I am willing to spend the money if I dont have to deal with the traffic and problems that are close to the strip when I am off work

BTW I finally get my car out of the body shop today. The silver beauty will be on the roads of Las Vegas in a matter of hours!

Unread 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,859,214 times
Quote:
I got the job everybody!
Excellent. I'm glad things are looking up.

Unread 07-23-2010, 10:00 AM

15,387 posts, read 20,469,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Excellent. Will you be working two jobs?
He CAN'T be working two jobs because everybody says there ARE NO JOBS IN LAS VEGAS.

Unread 07-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Excellent. I'm glad things are looking up.
Yes bledsoe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas