Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 12:37 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,515,823 times

Advertisements

On a more optimistic note, I spent my day filling out job apps for positions on the strip. I applied for two positions at the Cosmopolitan and one on one of the MGM properties. I completed a "talent search" type survey for the Cosmo just now, I think I nailed it

Old 10-28-2010, 02:11 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,230,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
On a more optimistic note, I spent my day filling out job apps for positions on the strip. I applied for two positions at the Cosmopolitan and one on one of the MGM properties. I completed a "talent search" type survey for the Cosmo just now, I think I nailed it
Attaboy! Just stay intense and focused. Lick your wounds, count your blessings. The best is yet to come.

Have you considered the military, Davie?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Attaboy! Just stay intense and focused. Lick your wounds, count your blessings. The best is yet to come.

Have you considered the military, Davie?
I have Spraynard, its not for me. It may give me a secure career and I may be financially set for life, but Im not willing to relocate to whereve somebody tells me to

Old 10-28-2010, 02:48 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,477,223 times
By the way, Davie, you are anything but spineless or cowardly. The fact is, not many young people your age, would have been brave enough, or motivated or enterprising enough, to evaluate their life, create, execute, and complete a plan to make a major change. You did exactly that!! Your move from Florida to las Vegas was no small accomplishment. Just read the forum to see how many people want to (including myself) and never actually follow through (including myself).
I think you have to re-examine the definitions of failure and success. It's much more of a gray area in real life. I also don't think you give yourself enough credit for what you have accomplished and how much effort you put into your future.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:50 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,477,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I repped her/him for you (and me).
I humbly thank you both!

Old 10-28-2010, 04:19 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,443,472 times
Quote:
All the best of wishes and best of luck comin' at ya' Davie! Keep up the good work!

Old 10-28-2010, 04:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,875,358 times
Atta boy Davie!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM

I just returned home from Centennial Hills Hospital. I filled out an application for a food service position. Pay is supposed to be around $11 an hour if I read the ad for it correctly. I went up there, filled out an app was told I'd be called back, then drove home. It was nice to get up to Centennial (the neighborhood that is) today, it had been a while.

We'll see how it goes

Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
Quote:
I am glad to see you are handling losing your girlfriend well. When my girlfriend moved out and left me in 2000, I immediately got a DUI, lost my job and wound up homeless for quite a while. I couldn't take it at all. I have always wanted it you to succeed, especially considering the effort you are putting out. You made a comment earlier that you are scrawny and weak. Quite the contrary, you are a lot stronger than you think.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,457,783 times
Great Job Davie! I have to say, keep up the good work. I think you have a great future ahead of you.

As for the GF thing, don't worry about it. If it is meant to be, then it will be. I started seeing my hubby when I was 18 and he was 21. We were together for a year, and then we broke up for a couple of months, and then got back together. I always felt we were just meant to be. You are young, and you guys have a lot of growing up to do. In this day and age, you have so much going on that it makes it very hard on relationships. But I have always felt that we have to go through the bad to get to the good.

But just wanted to say, keep up the good work. The harder you work, the more it will pay off in the future. I know it seems like you might be getting there slowly right now, but you will eventually get there. We all want better for ourselves, and we all can talk the talk, but it depends on what you do to try and make a better life for yourselves. Hubby and I started our own company a couple of years ago, and it has been a struggle, but is getting so much better. Just work harder and it will get better!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas