U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-20-2010, 08:39 PM

485 posts, read 391,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Yes, MMofB, LVD cared. He is angry now and his posts show his anger. I expect that from LVD because that his norm. I did not think Davie's norm was to let his older girlfriend tell him what path to take. Davie was always intent on getting a degree and now it's not important. The older girlfriend will use him to help pay her way and then throw him away for a man with higher earning potential. That's harsh but true.

Maybe it true love?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:41 PM

Boring

Old 11-20-2010, 08:41 PM

9,043 posts, read 5,216,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
Maybe it true love?
I don't think so based on previous posts.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:43 PM

The angst of others is often boring to people.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The angst of others is often boring to people.

When you're right you're right

Old 11-20-2010, 09:15 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,349,745 times
I come from Seattle, the home of angst, so I'm used to it! At least LVD's being honest, people, don't ya all want honest? And Davie can do as he pleases, if he doesn't dig school then it's not the best place for him right now.

But as I typed out that message a tune from Jason Isbell ( a former Drive-By Trucker) off of the DBT's 'A Blessing and a Curse' album called "Don't Take it Easy On Yourself' came in to my mind. College is tough work but it does have a beginning and an end. My Dad used to tell me "Where will you be in a year from now if you don't go to tech.school (insert the type of college you want to here) right now?"

That was such simple advice but I took it. I went to Washington Technical Institute in downtown Seattle in March of 1979 and took Graphic Arts/Printing tech. school. The school went from Mar. '79-Sep.'79. After I graduated it took me about a month and a half and I got on at The Boeing Company's Everett plant working on 747's and 767's as a Production Illustrator. I thought I'd retire there but still got 20 years in and I have a nice pension awaiting me at 62 or 66 years of age. When I'm done with Respiratory Therapy.

So even that 6-month tech. school class paid off. Boeing took in to account I had taken a lot of drafting and math in high school and that along with the Graphic Arts/Printing was enough to get me hired on to Boeing's. So you see I firmly believe that higher learning pays off.

Just some food for thought, it is Davie's decision totally what he wants to do, and I respect that it is his decision and his decision only which direction he decides to go. He has the freedom to choose whichever route he wants to go.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:59 PM

5,441 posts, read 7,162,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I could care less Davie if you can read this or not. The fact is you have never been my friend. Remember the last time you called me and said you can not come see me because your girlfriend would not allow it? I certainly do not need a spineless coward as a friend.

goodbye to you too....
My gf wouldnt care if I had gone over or not. I just didnt want to be around you and your negativity. Sorry for being dishonest but I had tried to spare your feelings, but your constant criticism has driven me to a breaking point

Old 11-20-2010, 10:07 PM

You need more people to tell you that you are making all the right choices. That is not going to happen. You have lived in Las Vegas how long and still have not registered your vehicle? Forget going out, forget gifts for others. Do the right thing and register your car. Davie, what happened to your ambition to go to school? If you don't want to go to school I will send you some contact information to get a job as a miner. It is dangerous work but it pays well.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 PM

5,441 posts, read 7,162,080 times
I am going to take a break from the forum for awhile. Pommy I am doing my best to get finances in order. I dont even spend that much going out or on gifts. A lot of my gfs gifts I was going to make myself.

The truth is I still dont know what I want to do. Whether to go to school or not, or even what I want to do as a career. Im sorry Pommy if I have disapointed you.

Im just going to do my best to have the bills paid and I may return to Orlando once my lease is up. I cant afford to stay here financially unless I get a better paying job fast.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:25 PM

8,819 posts, read 15,321,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I don't know. All I know is my attempts to turn this into the weather channel have failed miserably. Let me try one more time...

It's raining!!!!!!!!!!Woooooooooohooooo! Come on Pink lets go play in the rain!

And I didn't even have to do a rain dance this time!
It didn't rain too much over this way, but I pulled my rocking chair close to the back door with a nice cup of hot coffee and watched the magnificent rainbow for awhile. Took some pics. Then watched it fade, then re-emerge, back and forth until the clouds took over and it got dark. The cats joined me for awhile, mesmerized by birds flying by, bugs crawling on the patio that they couldn't quite reach..
It was a nice, peaceful do nothing kind of day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas