U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-20-2010, 10:39 PM
 
8,912 posts, read 5,112,922 times
Reputation: 2368

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I am going to take a break from the forum for awhile. Pommy I am doing my best to get finances in order. I dont even spend that much going out or on gifts. A lot of my gfs gifts I was going to make myself.

The truth is I still dont know what I want to do. Whether to go to school or not, or even what I want to do as a career. Im sorry Pommy if I have disapointed you.

Im just going to do my best to have the bills paid and I may return to Orlando once my lease is up. I cant afford to stay here financially unless I get a better paying job fast.
You have not disappointed me Davie.I wish only good things for you. You owe me nothing but you owe yourself everything. If you weren't happy in Orlando before you won't be happy if you go back. The key is to bloom where you are planted. Be smart and don't allow yourself to be manipulated. You never wanted to live near the strip but you rented a place close to the strip where you are not comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2010, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
5,441 posts, read 7,025,856 times
Reputation: 3254
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You have not disappointed me Davie.I wish only good things for you. You owe me nothing but you owe yourself everything. If you weren't happy in Orlando before you won't be happy if you go back. The key is to bloom where you are planted. Be smart and don't allow yourself to be manipulated. You never wanted to live near the strip but you rented a place close to the strip where you are not comfortable.
You're right Pommy I hate being neat the strip. I actually love my apartment. I just hate the location its in. Did you read my post about "The Secret" and the apartments called Centennial at 5th?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
11,520 posts, read 9,705,827 times
Reputation: 14742
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'll be ok. Time heals all wounds. The pain is located from my left elbow to my fingers. It's ok as long as I don't bump it. And guess what I do a lot? (bump it)

Tij, in the 99cent store, they sell those things to kneel on, made of rubber and something else. Come in pretty colors. I have green, yellow and orange. I take one with me to yard sales so if i have to kneel, I don't end up being stuck there. I have a bad knee on my left. Been that way for years. What is funny, when I do fall, I usually fix my knee for awhile. Right now it's good again.

Be careful with some of your nighttime wanderings. Some area's are not the best to be in alone at night with a ferret. Just be cautious.

That was the problem with my knee, one little bump, and pain! Now, it's all but gone!

When I was at that sale, I didn't know I was going to be there on my knees wading through hundreds of old VHS tapes, got carried away, I wasn't thinking.

Took my ferret walk, last nite, from Stratosphere to Sahara and back and passed by that corner where the Cow Palace bar is. OMG! This has got to be one of the nastiest corners in Vegas. The entryway is littered with tons of broken glass, urine smells, one homeless woman huddling there drinking a beer amongst the glass litter.

Does the city realize that tourists pass by this nasty corner every day and why isn't the city pressuring the owner to clean that mess up? I'm usually not bothered by an eyesore like this, having been to so many 3rd world countries, but even to me, this was shocking and disgusting!

That whole area down there is a lot rougher than expected. Tonite I'll try a run from Mandalay Bay to Tropicana and back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
5,441 posts, read 7,025,856 times
Reputation: 3254
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
That was the problem with my knee, one little bump, and pain! Now, it's all but gone!

When I was at that sale, I didn't know I was going to be there on my knees wading through hundreds of old VHS tapes, got carried away, I wasn't thinking.

Took my ferret walk, last nite, from Stratosphere to Sahara and back and passed by that corner where the Cow Palace bar is. OMG! This has got to be one of the nastiest corners in Vegas. The entryway is littered with tons of broken glass, urine smells, one homeless woman huddling there drinking a beer amongst the glass litter.

Does the city realize that tourists pass by this nasty corner every day and why isn't the city pressuring the owner to clean that mess up? I'm usually not bothered by an eyesore like this, having been to so many 3rd world countries, but even to me, this was shocking and disgusting!

That whole area down there is a lot rougher than expected. Tonite I'll try a run from Mandalay Bay to Tropicana and back.
Isnt that area called Naked City?

Im currently watching the movie Pay it Forward. Turns out it was filmed in Las Vegas. Im going to see if I recognize any areas other than the strip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2010, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
11,520 posts, read 9,705,827 times
Reputation: 14742
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Maybe its an attack trained killer ferret....
If my ferret was trained to attack and kill, I'd take him to Washington D.C. sometime, more worthwhile pickings there!

Last edited by tijlover; 11-20-2010 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: line adjustment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2010, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
11,520 posts, read 9,705,827 times
Reputation: 14742
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I used to, but I gave up on him. I could care less about him anymore. He does let that woman control him and that is when our friendship ended. I would NEVER let any woman control me, especially one that is ugly. Anyways, nice to see you back.
If I can find someone who knows the map to sexually fulfilling me, I don't care how ugly they are, put a leash on me and control me, control me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2010, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
11,520 posts, read 9,705,827 times
Reputation: 14742
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Isnt that area called Naked City?

Im currently watching the movie Pay it Forward. Turns out it was filmed in Las Vegas. Im going to see if I recognize any areas other than the strip
Yes, I believe it's on the edge of it. Do those who are buying into Allure know what they're getting into, living in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2010, 11:48 PM
 
Location: Home!
8,696 posts, read 6,984,424 times
Reputation: 8442
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I am going to take a break from the forum for awhile. Pommy I am doing my best to get finances in order. I dont even spend that much going out or on gifts. A lot of my gfs gifts I was going to make myself.

The truth is I still dont know what I want to do. Whether to go to school or not, or even what I want to do as a career. Im sorry Pommy if I have disapointed you.

Im just going to do my best to have the bills paid and I may return to Orlando once my lease is up. I cant afford to stay here financially unless I get a better paying job fast.
I wouldn't say you need to take a break from the forum, you just need to censor what you decide to type. There are many people who read the posts, from all walks of life. Different upbringings, different ideas of how everyone should live and love. Everyone has an opinion and when you post on a public forum, you will ALWAYS run the risk of an opinion or two you do not care for.

Maybe try not posting stuff about your personal life and just stick to general conversation. I would hate to see you stop posting. Certainly, though, I "get it".

Right now, you sound confused about all the possibilities in your life. I don't think it is so abnormal for a person your age. Especially someone who did not have a clear vision of where or what they were going to do during HS. Try not to focus so much on leaving. You know that you can leave. You left FL. You can leave where ever you are. But, if you keep using that as a crutch, it could prevent you from planting any roots where you go. And then you miss the whole experience of where you are today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
 
Location: Alamogordo, NM
1,503 posts, read 1,279,532 times
Reputation: 918
PinkString-nice, peaceful do nothing days are some of the best days to have, aren't they? I love days like that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2010, 08:11 AM
 
Location: On the lake in the summer/Miami winters.
66 posts, read 41,964 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have been at work since 3pm and I have not drank anything since last night. Really, this is how I always felt so there will be no apologies this time.
Hi LVD!

Now this is the attitude I can appreciate from you. Be yourself; don't hurt anyone--but stand your ground.

You are a smart guy and it is fine to have your opinions that you are entitled to and let that be known.

I am not a judgemental person so I like good exchanges that really show how people feel.

Repetitive platitudes get old; keep your edge Vegas people!

p.s. I am an old gambling buddy of LVD's from 1.5 years ago

Lived in Vegas 3 times over the years and may stay again {but will have a car and my own place next time}. Last time I made it until May and then had to get out cause of the oven-esque heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top