U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,720,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis702 View Post
Cynics, paranoids, and argumentative types abound here. Fortunately, other City-Data forums manage to be different.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. --Freud

I, for one, found it interesting. It is a bit of a popularity contest but also says that CD is doing pretty well in the welcome to Las Vegas scene.

I think that a good thing.

Note that some of the other sites have more of a tourist direction..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,048,900 times
Frued had a thing for his mother.

New survival tip: If you soak instant rice in cold water for an hour, it becomes edible. It's not as good as if you cooked it, but it makes a tolerable break from the cold ramen prepared in the same manner.

I saw my stepfather last week. He left his daughter's house after she and her worthless BF accused him of falling off the wagon onto booze and coke. He was paying more than his share, plus being a baby sitter. He was here just to pick up some of his stuff. He'll be back again to get the rest of it before he moves to Raleigh, NC to be with his daughter from his first marriage. Unlike his kids in California, his kids back east were raised to be good people.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:11 AM

8,809 posts, read 15,145,030 times
Adam, you can also do the same thing with oatmeal. You don't have to cook it really. If you google Dr.Esselstyn, he advocates not cooking the oatmeal. It's better for your body that way.

Too bad you couldn't run an extension cord to a neighbors and get an electric kettle. That way you could heat water and make all kinds of fun things.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM

3 posts, read 13,873 times
I was trying to rent a home when I first came out here and there were houses listed on craigslist for rent, when I emailed the owners I got a reply "I am in africa on business and I can ship you the keys and yu can drive by the house to look at the property." After all the scams online, I don't even waste my time with craigslist anymore...

Old 03-11-2009, 05:52 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,315,405 times
i found my place on craigslist, along w/ numerous others. but i also had the luxury of living in LA at the time, so i just drove out for a day and checked everything out.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,720,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
i found my place on craigslist, along w/ numerous others. but i also had the luxury of living in LA at the time, so i just drove out for a day and checked everything out.
YOu were lucky...and close. Craig's list is good form somethings and not othersw. Rooms and such it is the only place. Single Family any RE Agent or Realtor.com is better. Most good Craig listings are on Realtor.com. The obverse is not true.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:10 PM

8,809 posts, read 15,145,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeteczx2 View Post
I was trying to rent a home when I first came out here and there were houses listed on craigslist for rent, when I emailed the owners I got a reply "I am in africa on business and I can ship you the keys and yu can drive by the house to look at the property." After all the scams online, I don't even waste my time with craigslist anymore...
Try selling things on Craigslist. You wouldn't believe how many scammers on there are trying to send worthless cashiers checks for more than the amount listed to sell furniture. I find it suspicious that they are always from nigeria. lol

Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 AM

573 posts, read 175,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I, for one, found it interesting. It is a bit of a popularity contest but also says that CD is doing pretty well in the welcome to Las Vegas scene.

I think that a good thing.
What I found even more interesting was Google's PageRank for RJ's individual subforums.

Immigration, Viewpoints, Elections, Entertainment, Sports, Dining Reviews, Las Vegas History, Everything Under the Sun, Online Guy, Road Warrior, Desert Gardening, and eForum Questions RANKED A BIG FAT ZERO (PR-0).

Two RJ forums made a PR-4: Singles and Recreation

RJ's Local News forum made a PR-3 (equal to index page)

RJ's Best of LV, Living in LV, and Moving to LV were PR-2

And that RJ extreme right wasteland mislabeled "National News" was also PR-2

Old 03-13-2009, 03:54 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,048,900 times
Pink: Thanks for the 411 on oatmeal. I'll give it a try when I have some. Lately, I've been spicing things up with Sriacha sauce. Good stuff.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:27 PM

36 posts, read 185,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gomonas View Post
Showgirls? Anyone?
...you are kidding, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas