U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-09-2010, 06:13 PM
 
1,663 posts, read 2,242,200 times
Reputation: 699

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Not in the past week or so, but I will apply again as my 21st birthday approaches

I will be going to Harrah's most likely next week
If Harrah's calls, let me know. I will show you how to ace the pannel interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2010, 06:41 PM
 
4,360 posts, read 3,691,519 times
Reputation: 3858
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I could have sworn i made a post in the computer section about my plight last night: some insidious virus/trojan/worm whatever invaded my computer and destroyed it. But before it destroyed it completely, i made one last post in here. I go in there now on borrowed computer and it's not there. I can guess who removed it or maybe the virus ate it.
Meanwhile, all my fish in Fishville, Happy Aquarium and Fish World will probably die before i can even get back into Facebook. Facebook doesn't let you sign on with borrowed computers. Although it's a good thing in many respects, right now it sucks. I guess i will sign on in my husbands name and tell them what happened. It's just my family in there and people ive known for 7 years or more. Maybe they can revive some of my poor innocent dead virtual fish for me.
Hopefully i will get my computer back soon, along with all my email piling up as well. And be back in here to bug you all more frequently. I would say to email me, but i can't get in there right now, well, the web based ones i can, but not my main one. But i sense i am going to be kicked off here soon, since the master has to shoot zombies and things like he does every night. He gives me a measly 20 mins out of the entire day. I hope to return the favor to him if his computer dies off. I will give him 10 minutes.

Talk at you all later. Be good.
If not, how about a huge virtual fish fry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Viva Las Vegas
485 posts, read 395,173 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I hope so. Now that this one big life obstacle (colostomy) has been reversed, I sure hope he begins to take the initiative in getting his life in control. To do that, IMO, he really has to shift his thinking to one who goes out and makes things happen...rather than just 'luck', or things happening on their own.

In this day and age with the large amount of unemployed one has to be aggressive in looking for a job. It's just a matter of numbers, the more positions you interview for the more chance you have to find employment. Problem is not everyone has that determined streak that's required to go out there and be aggressive. It's a shame but the nice gentle folk get pushed aside by the A+ personalities. Another thing is if you have been employed in one job for a long time it's hard to start looking again. I hate to say it but I feel that the fighters will survive in this economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Viva Las Vegas
485 posts, read 395,173 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
nope....lime green golf pants with argyle socks.

[not sure what we're talking about here...but it sounds like it would fit?]

Not plus fours I hope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Henderson, NV
2,021 posts, read 977,925 times
Reputation: 26158
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
God, I feel like Im going to be working the same crap retail job the rest of my life
Have you looked on any of the hospital websites at their job postings? There are many jobs in hospitals that do not require a degree and they tend to be pretty stable, good paying jobs. Food service and environmental service jobs pay more than minimum wage and the full time ones have benefits. There'd be both part time and full time jobs that would allow you to pursue casino jobs if that's your dream. I know that St. Rose Dominican Hospitals have three facilities in LV/Henderson, so that would be a good place to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
11,756 posts, read 10,046,597 times
Reputation: 15088
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I remember skimming through the posts here on the chat thread and noticed some were talking about the Nellis soldier who was shot in his garage as he was leaving for work from his home in Mountains Edge.

Looks like it was a "hit job"

Report outlines wife's alleged role in Nellis airman's murder - Thursday, Dec. 9, 2010 | 1:24 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun
Another tragedy here: 5 people will be going to prison here, and at a cost of $40-50,000 a year per inmate, this is something this state can ill-afford, more inmates sucking the money out of our wallets.

What a greedy idiot! When a spouse is killed, whatever the case, history proves it, 80% of the time another spouse was involved. The odds of her pulling this off? 20%!

One more tragedy: those 4 kids, now without a mother or father, who may also become dependent on the state.

A very expensive tragedy for a state that can ill-afford this!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-09-2010 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
 
Location: El Camino Real
904 posts, read 791,819 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I hope so. Now that this one big life obstacle (colostomy) has been reversed, I sure hope he begins to take the initiative in getting his life in control. To do that, IMO, he really has to shift his thinking to one who goes out and makes things happen...rather than just 'luck', or things happening on their own.
I am reminded of Blanche DuBois in A Streetcar Named Desire.
"I've always depended on the kindness of strangers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 14,928,300 times
Reputation: 6364
Seriously, Aqualung is not here to defend himself and all this talk about him needs to cease. I try to continue to stay away from this forum since all of the members here are the mark of the devil 666, but I have to defend my one true friend here (I hate all of you others). Leave him alone and let him recover, ok? All of you should truly be ashamed of yourselves for putting down Aqualung. I would like to see how you would all do being 45 years old at 350 pounds with no vehicle trying to get a job. Yeah, you all have a special place waiting for you in you know where for your cruel comments to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
9,586 posts, read 15,103,143 times
Reputation: 2485
and now for a happy time......i wish this would happen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxG6...layer_embedded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR / Las Vegas, NV
1,792 posts, read 2,183,298 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post
My guess -- dark blue striped shirt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
nope....lime green golf pants with argyle socks.

[not sure what we're talking about here...but it sounds like it would fit?]
Nope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top