U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-13-2011, 07:56 PM
 
2,232 posts, read 2,787,676 times
Reputation: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You might want to try kava kava since it will calm you without adverse health effects. I started taking it recently and am pleased with it.
You should know LVD that Kava Kava has been linked to liver damage in quite a few cases. Do a quick google search and you will see. As an alternative, I have been taking Holy Basil for a few years now. It has nothing to do with cooking basil but has been used in India for thousands of years to reduce Cortisol levels in the body- The hormone that gets released when you're stressed. None of the bad liver damage on the side and a pleasant calming effect. You need all the liver you can get when you're drinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: El Camino Real
929 posts, read 997,693 times
Reputation: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
he's hoping for that 4 hour window so he can switch tubs
Maybe that's the after picture not the before picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
12,250 posts, read 19,709,488 times
Reputation: 5730
I honestly would love to see the stir if they did the two bathtub thing with two guys. After all, either one...or both...could easily have that problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
13,369 posts, read 13,272,589 times
Reputation: 17537
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The purpose of the constant pharmaceutical ads on TV is to make YOU think that you have that illness, plus all the other made up illnesses they come up with. Then you will rush to your doctor as the sheeple you are supposed to be and get your doctor to prescribe you more drugs to add to your pile you already take if you are a typical person these days.
I work in a LTC/Rehab facility and it amazes me how many patients don't even question the amount of drugs these nurses (drug pushers) give them.

I had one patient, very alert, who told me before she went into the facility, she was only taking 3 pills a day. When it had escalated to 20 a day, she finally cornered one of these "drug pushers" one day and demanded: Why am I taking all these pills and what does each one do for me?

Come to find out, a number of these pills, the Doctor hadn't put a Stop order on them.

Any wonder why Medicaid/Medicare is on a fast track to extinction?

Last edited by tijlover; 01-13-2011 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 17,981,178 times
Reputation: 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
You should know LVD that Kava Kava has been linked to liver damage in quite a few cases. Do a quick google search and you will see. As an alternative, I have been taking Holy Basil for a few years now. It has nothing to do with cooking basil but has been used in India for thousands of years to reduce Cortisol levels in the body- The hormone that gets released when you're stressed. None of the bad liver damage on the side and a pleasant calming effect. You need all the liver you can get when you're drinking.
Ouch, you're right. I have been adding kava to my beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 12:08 AM
 
Location: Viva Las Vegas
485 posts, read 488,048 times
Reputation: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
he's hoping for that 4 hour window so he can switch tubs
and he carries his plug with him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 AM
 
207 posts, read 228,512 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I honestly would love to see the stir if they did the two bathtub thing with two guys. After all, either one...or both...could easily have that problem.
...id love to hear the argument in that house when there is only only 1 blue pill left...someones in for a serious "lose - lose situation"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR / Las Vegas, NV
1,798 posts, read 2,615,528 times
Reputation: 933
1000 jobs at the Station Casino's. Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...9.html&h=d25c7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
12,250 posts, read 19,709,488 times
Reputation: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
...id love to hear the argument in that house when there is only only 1 blue pill left...someones in for a serious "lose - lose situation"
How one answers the old "top or bottom" question should settle that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
 
10,481 posts, read 17,981,178 times
Reputation: 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
1000 jobs at the Station Casino's. Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...9.html&h=d25c7
I love this comment from there:

"MIKE VEGAS wrote on January 14, 2011 11:04 AM: PUBLICITY PLOY!!! They'll hire 1000 and fire 450 within a month. The LOWLIFE Fertitas only help themselves!!! They are just giving back jobs they layed of already. Fire when slow and rehire for the summer! SHORT TERM EMPLOYMENT AT BEST!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, - Top