Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
My first wife was an RN who ended up for a few years specializing in burn care. In Rochester NY there were two burn teams who were basically all private duty nurses. The teams only worked 1/2 time or less though they might work 6 and 7 days at various times...The burn units in the major hospitals were basically unstaffed. They were just beds unless a burn victim was around.

Then they would get one of the burn teams in.

Very nice physical units by the way. Sterility and cleaniless are the only hope of survival for a bad burn.

I never understood why she liked it so much. Very hard duty and very hard on the soul...you spend an awful lot of time hurting someone.
My aunt suffered from a very rare blood disorder that basically resulted in the blood thickening so badly and quickly that it mimicked severe burns. She finally ended up in a burn unit and that was what saved her life. Truly wonderful people who deserve a ton of respect and appreciation.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:05 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,040,205 times
I've been going thru one of my periodic It's-time-to-move-again stages, but when the skies cleared this morning and I saw those inspiring views of the mountains, surrounding the Valley, with a fresh layer of snow, OMG!

Views like that is worth waiting another year for!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-27-2011 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-27-2011, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,087 times
i wouldn't do anything just move on with your life and save your money

Old 02-27-2011, 11:22 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've been going thru one of my periodic It's-time-to-move-again stages, but when the skies cleared this morning and I saw those inspiring views of the mountains, surrounding the Valley, with a fresh layer of snow, OMG!

Views like that is worth waiting another year for!
The mountains do look really nice right now. The desert is a magical place.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:28 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
I saw just a part of the Sheep Range mountains from my window and saw a lot of snow earlier today. Should be gone by tomorrow.
I somehow knocked my left knee out of joint so i have been homebound since thursday with way too much pain and swelling. It's time's like this that I really wish we had insurance of some sort to see a doctor.
Walking is not an option. I feel like Frankenstein, learning how to walk. But I think he did a better job.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I saw just a part of the Sheep Range mountains from my window and saw a lot of snow earlier today. Should be gone by tomorrow.
I somehow knocked my left knee out of joint so i have been homebound since thursday with way too much pain and swelling. It's time's like this that I really wish we had insurance of some sort to see a doctor.
Walking is not an option. I feel like Frankenstein, learning how to walk. But I think he did a better job.
The knee is an extremely complex joint. Aside from resting it the best a doctor could probably do is give you some pain meds. Is it seriously out of it's joint?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:53 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
I don't think that Pink believes in pill taking. From what I've read, she prefers the all-natural solutions.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 AM

208 posts, read 350,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I don't think that Pink believes in pill taking. From what I've read, she prefers the all-natural solutions.
I prefer the all natural cures too...unless it really hurts, then nature be damned! Bring on the codeine, qualudes, morphine...booze, I dont care - whatever you got

Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,907,941 times
Quote:
PinkString

Don't know if you know this already, or if it would help, but many of the CVS pharmacies have "Urgent Care" clinics staffed by a nurse practitioner. My son had a sinus infection when he visited me earlier in the month and we went to the one closest to us. You register as soon as you arrive and they take you in order. Not sure about the cost for the visit though.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Prettier, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas