Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times

Advertisements

I started a thread on the Pets Forum about 6 months ago, question being:
If you saw an animal alongside the road, severely injured from being hit by a car or your own car, would you run over the animal to put it out of its misery?

Need I tell you the roasting I got, except two people who came to my rescue and supported my decision!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Are you just projecting?
Yep. You (and others) may not think so...but that is exactly what my intent was with that post. Davie seems very susceptible to extreme highs and lows. The lows seem to get triggered very easily...and sometimes by, what seems to us, fairly normal and low drama events. He's riding a high right now, as he should, with his new job, things working well with his gf, and his best friend coming. Just looking to temper his expectations, so that IF the gf and the bf do not hit it off, and he's caught in the middle (been there at his age)...that he doesn't head for a fall like Niagara Falls...which we have seen with him in the past.

When one puts their life so openly on a public forum...they should expect...public comment on it.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
You used to be nice and funny, or I just came in to the game late and missed a bunch.
Those in the honeymoon phase usually have the most problem with my posts. As you become more of a LV resident, and less of a MI resident, you've entered more into the honeymoon phase, and thus are more annoyed with my posts, IMO. Nothing has changed with my posting style...and I continue to receive rep points and DM's that suggest people like them.

There's always the ignore feature to solve the problem.

Last edited by jfkIII; 03-30-2011 at 06:06 AM..

Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Those in the honeymoon phase usually have the most problem with my posts.
It's a bit ironic that you constantly refer to those of us who like living and/or visiting Las Vegas as being in a honeymoon phase given that you've stated over and over again that you want nothing whatsoever to do with Vegas and haven't been here in years. So I guess using your analogy that makes you the extremely bitter ex-spouse in a divorce phase.

You know, when I lived in the Washington, DC area I participated extensively in that board's forum, answering questions and otherwise trying to assist those looking to visit or move there. Now that I live in Las Vegas, I concentrate my postings on this board, once again trying to help those coming to visit or live here. I also participate in the general community discussion here. What I can't figure out is wtf your purpose is here? You don't live here, you haven't been here in years, and you have no plans on doing so. So why this board as opposed to NY, Chicago, Atlanta or any other city? Your lame comments and inane jokes in thread after thread usually have absolutely no connection to the subject at hand and serve no purpose other than to sidetrack the discussion and draw attention to yourself.

Just as you have once again.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:15 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Mad Man,

I just got attacked for the same exact thing 2 days ago in the Phoenix forum:

"Why are you so obsessed with Phoenix and constantly trolling the AZ boards?
You don't live here.
Is Las Vegas so awful that you're desperate for some form of cognitive dissonance or what?
"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18477236-post26.html

I personally think the above post was way out of line. I was born in and lived in Phoenix for 30 years of my life! What I am saying is that someone does not need to live in the same city to comment on the forum. As long as JKFIII is not breaking the TOS of the forum, I do not see what the problem is?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Thank you, LVD. I have referred MadMan to the ignore feature for my posts many times...but he refuses to use it. I guess he likes reading my posts. While MadMan does not like my posts...many others do. So I should stop because he doesn't like them???

And, of course, you're right. No one is restricted from posting in any forum on this site, so long as they abide by the TOS.

Some people just don't get it.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:59 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Thank you, LVD. I have referred MadMan to the ignore feature for my posts many times...but he refuses to use it. I guess he likes reading my posts. While MadMan does not like my posts...many others do. So I should stop because he doesn't like them???

And, of course, you're right. No one is restricted from posting in any forum on this site, so long as they abide by the TOS.

Some people just don't get it.
I think it is time for all of us long time regulars to just get along. Life is too short to be fighting with each other. Each one of us has valuable insight to share that can benefit each other, even if we do not agree with all their personal views.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I think it is time for all of us long time regulars to just get along. Life is too short to be fighting with each other. Each one of us has valuable insight to share that can benefit each other, even if we do not agree with all their personal views.
Your words here are wisdom...and a testimony of the personal work you've been doing recently. Congratualtions on your progress...and I wish you further successes.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
Those in the honeymoon phase usually have the most problem with my posts. As you become more of a LV resident, and less of a MI resident, you've entered more into the honeymoon phase, and thus are more annoyed with my posts, IMO. Nothing has changed with my posting style...and I continue to receive rep points and DM's that suggest people like them.

There's always the ignore feature to solve the problem.
You are wrong. Imagine that. I am no more of a LV resident now than I was when I first started here. In fact, I am less. I did live in Henderson for about 6 mos. Now, I only get to go occasionally. One day soon, though. At that point, I will not understand someone being mean any more than I do now. Or someone who intentionally stirs a pot.

So, just because you get rep points and DMs means you don't have your own moral compass? I never see anyone mention their rep points. Big deal. Anyone can go around hitting the rep scale. That's just juvenile, IMO.

I realize there is ignore. I have yet to use it for anyone, though I have been tempted a few times. Guess I just have a morbid curiosity for people's ignorance. Never ceases to amaze me.

Davie will be fine without those kind of words of wisdom. If you feel the way you do about his moods, then I would think you would avoid planting things that are not yet there, and may never be, into his head. It reeks of snarkyness. He is a big boy, he will figure it out.

And it isn't just the Davie posts. I agree with MMoB. I have visited quite a few states but don't go reeking havoc in them just to get rep points. I am quite sure I could if I had even the slightest interest. That says a lot, right there.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Mad Man,

I just got attacked for the same exact thing 2 days ago in the Phoenix forum:

"Why are you so obsessed with Phoenix and constantly trolling the AZ boards?
You don't live here.
Is Las Vegas so awful that you're desperate for some form of cognitive dissonance or what?
"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18477236-post26.html

I personally think the above post was way out of line. I was born in and lived in Phoenix for 30 years of my life! What I am saying is that someone does not need to live in the same city to comment on the forum. As long as JKFIII is not breaking the TOS of the forum, I do not see what the problem is?
That's a little different. You lived there for a long time. The comment was not that he could NOT post in LV forum, but what is the interest to him. Especially when a lot of it is negative and nasty. I am thinking that he can't gain any reps in the NY forum. Or that the people on those forums are just not as nice, interesting or fun as the people in the LV forums! I definitely find that to be true in the MI/Detroit forums. Grumps.

And, seriously? You know darn well that you have had your issues in the past with some of those snarky comments. Whatever. I just thought his post was really uncalled for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas