Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 07:56 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-natural View Post
Zero is better. Are you telling me that roaches are common in vegas. I hope not because I am allergic to roaches. Great, now I need to find a Allergist.
They are common, mostly outside roaches if in a home. If the previous owner/tenant had Germans then the place will most likely have them also.

If you are moving into an apartment or an condo, then you have to remember that you are basically living with 7 to 15 other families. What they do or how dirty they are can affect your home.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
The solution for the Vegas housing crisis has arrived! Paint ads on your house and get your mortgage paid for!
For a Free Mortgage, House Becomes a Billboard - Yahoo! Real Estate

Old 04-16-2011, 07:36 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
We went to the Whole Foods cheese cracking celebration at noon. They were cracking open the 80lb parmesan reggiano cheese all at once around the nation. And gave out samples of the cheese and wine. The wine was very good. Smooth and very tasty. I don't think I've ever had wine that good before. I just wish I could have taken the whole bottle home with me.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times

YouTube - Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit "Brand New Kind Of Actress"

Hoo! Turn it up!

You walk right in!

Old 04-17-2011, 03:02 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
We went to the Whole Foods cheese cracking celebration at noon. They were cracking open the 80lb parmesan reggiano cheese all at once around the nation. And gave out samples of the cheese and wine. The wine was very good. Smooth and very tasty. I don't think I've ever had wine that good before. I just wish I could have taken the whole bottle home with me.
That sounds so fun! Glad you had a good time!

Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
The 10th annual pay your taxes and get a free admission to Shark Reef at Mandalay bay is tomorrow. Details here:
Shark Reef Tax Relief Day at Mandalay Bay | LasVegasVegas.com - The Vegas News Blog (http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/content/shark-reef-tax-relief-day-mandalay-bay-1302652727 - broken link)
If you have to pay, you may as well get something back.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:09 PM

179 posts, read 389,874 times
I have a Las Vegas climate question and it might sound silly, but here goes. I was on a topography map for Las Vegas and a good one too, it's interactive and shows the elevation under the center crossbar, works on other areas beside Las Vegas, but where I have it currently centered at Las Vegas, Nevada Topo Map and as I move it around, it is showing down by the Strip area is maybe 2,000 feet above sea level elevation. Then as I move it around the valley into the foothills, if I put it up in areas which are still populated neighborhoods, not way out in the middle of the mountains somewhere, but it is showing some neighborhoods sit well above 2,000 feet elevation, some go up to 2,600 and higher. So then that begs the question, since it is a vertical climate in Las Vegas and you can have sun in the desert with snow in the mountains, for neighborhoods up in the foothills, even at 2,600 feet elevation, does the air start to feel cooler, being just that little bit higher up off the desert floor below? Or no, even if it's 2,600 feet instead of 2,000 feet at the Strip, if it's middle of summer and hot, then it's hot at 2,600 feet too, it doesn't get a few degrees colder because it is higher up, correct? I guess that is like asking if it's sunny and warm down on the Strip, up on the 215 Beltway, it's not going to be a chance of snow, the difference in temperatures isn't that great, correct? If it's A/C weather on the Strip, it is going to be A/C weather along the Beltway?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:21 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl_Jones View Post
...for neighborhoods up in the foothills, even at 2,600 feet elevation, does the air start to feel cooler, being just that little bit higher up off the desert floor below?
Yes, it can vary by several degrees. You can use the KLAS Weatherbug to check the current temp at numerous locations around the valley. Just click on the green station dot on the map.

KLAS - WeatherBug

Old 04-17-2011, 11:50 PM

179 posts, read 389,874 times
Thanks for the information. I tried different zipcodes at the KLAS weather station and saw there were differences. It was low 80's central in downtown and strip areas, cooler in some of the hillier areas, into the mid 70's. It was in the 20's in Mt. Charleston but I assume that is normal if that is the ski area. 89149 in the NW showed the hottest at 114-degrees compared to downtown areas in the 80's compared to foothills in the 70's.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:37 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl_Jones View Post
I have a Las Vegas climate question and it might sound silly, but here goes. I was on a topography map for Las Vegas and a good one too, it's interactive and shows the elevation under the center crossbar, works on other areas beside Las Vegas, but where I have it currently centered at Las Vegas, Nevada Topo Map and as I move it around, it is showing down by the Strip area is maybe 2,000 feet above sea level elevation. Then as I move it around the valley into the foothills, if I put it up in areas which are still populated neighborhoods, not way out in the middle of the mountains somewhere, but it is showing some neighborhoods sit well above 2,000 feet elevation, some go up to 2,600 and higher. So then that begs the question, since it is a vertical climate in Las Vegas and you can have sun in the desert with snow in the mountains, for neighborhoods up in the foothills, even at 2,600 feet elevation, does the air start to feel cooler, being just that little bit higher up off the desert floor below? Or no, even if it's 2,600 feet instead of 2,000 feet at the Strip, if it's middle of summer and hot, then it's hot at 2,600 feet too, it doesn't get a few degrees colder because it is higher up, correct? I guess that is like asking if it's sunny and warm down on the Strip, up on the 215 Beltway, it's not going to be a chance of snow, the difference in temperatures isn't that great, correct? If it's A/C weather on the Strip, it is going to be A/C weather along the Beltway?
When its A/C weather in Las Vegas Sheryl, it's A/C weather all over the valley. While I can't say for sure about the perimeters of the valley to the North and East, I know that up here in West part of the valley (Summerlin-Lone Mountain) it's always a few degrees cooler (and I mean a few) than any temps officially shown for the Strip. We also might get snow flurries in winter and sometimes an inch or two of snow, whereas, the rest of the valley might get none, and vice a versa.

Being closer to the Spring Mountains does in fact, change your climate/weather a bit, but in summer, you'll need the A/C no matter if you're on the Strip, in Henderson, NLV, Summerlin area and everywhere on the Beltway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas