Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:39 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,207,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMomof3 View Post
Last year, the Farmer's Market was every Thursday or Friday at Dinosaur Discovery Park in Aliante. It's not that much of a drive. Just hop on 215 to Aliante Pkwy and it's right there. I don't know if they still do it though.

Las Vegas Farmers Market Home Page lists some sites too.
Last I heard, Nature Discovery Park still has the Farmers Market every friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM

37 posts, read 101,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Last I heard, Nature Discovery Park still has the Farmers Market every friday.
good to know!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,644,210 times
Personally, I'm partial to Famous Uncle Al's on Craig & Jones. Best hot dogs and sausages in Vegas, IMHO. Besides they have Sprecher's Draught Root Beer on tap.

If you haven't rescued your Greyts yet, check out this group. They hold an annual picnic on the last Saturday of October, with all (I believe) funds going to helping out the Greyts. I've been to their picnic twice, and it was a lot of fun.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:33 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,829,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Personally, I'm partial to Famous Uncle Al's on Craig & Jones. Best hot dogs and sausages in Vegas, IMHO. Besides they have Sprecher's Draught Root Beer on tap.

If you haven't rescued your Greyts yet, check out this group. They hold an annual picnic on the last Saturday of October, with all (I believe) funds going to helping out the Greyts. I've been to their picnic twice, and it was a lot of fun.
Thanks for the tip on Uncle Al's. I had never heard of them, but the Chicago dog sounds delicious. I may have to check it out tomorrow!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 PM

You won't be sorry, Daddys. Give me a time, and I'll drop off that book I told you about.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:51 PM

81 posts, read 473,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post

Good stuff, thanks aqua!

And that's the group that we are getting our Greyts from, actually. We met them already and after we move and get settled, we'll be getting him (or them!)

Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM

You're welcome. They're a great group of people. It's a shame that more people aren't aware of the plight of the racing Greyhound. I saw a video on YouTube once, and they pictures that they showed were truly horrific. Give me a shout when you get your Greyt(s), and maybe we can have my Iggies play with them.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 PM

81 posts, read 473,992 times
Well, we got our house and went driving around some more the other day and man, we love it up there! We investigated the two dog parks right near us and we LOVED the one @ Elkhorn and Buffalo. Wow, that's a great place to bring the pooch when we get him.

We are so excited to be moving out to that area...only 1.5 weeks to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas