U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 8,744 times

Advertisements

Hi all - Relocating to LV for a job. I'll be working downtown and am wondering about some neighborhoods that wouldn't make my commute too awful. So far I've heard that Summerlin and Green Valley are good places to look? But how's the traffic getting into downtown from there?

Looking for a 1br - TRYING to spend less than $750

Here are some places I'm looking into....wondering what a seasoned vet might think:

Allanza at the Lakes
Sterling Court Apartments
Desert Shadows
Rancho Destino
Hacienda Heights
Camden Breeze

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 PM

450 posts, read 1,348,445 times
Default Re:

I just moved here in November with the same budget as you. I originally was going to with Allanza at the Lakes, but then heard the place was going downhill. Check out Chapel Hill off I-215/Russell, and Acerno Villas near Sunset and Ft. Apache. Both are far enough from the strip, but easily a 20min drive. They are rebuilding the surrounding area, so it's not heavily congested at the moment. I saw a couple specials at Acerno Villas on Craigslist recently for $795.00/month on a 1bd/1ba, you could possibly negotiate with them to get to around $750.00/mt. It's a great complex, gated community and larger apartments than standard 1bd/1baths.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM

444 posts, read 1,429,396 times
Now that's what I like to see. A prompt up to date response with short sweet relevant data that answers every question with no fluff.

Great job Hockeygirl4. Rep up to you.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 AM

13,819 posts, read 24,553,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockAAAA View Post
Now that's what I like to see. A prompt up to date response with short sweet relevant data that answers every question with no fluff.

Great job Hockeygirl4. Rep up to you.
Yep...with hockeygirl4...there's no pucking around!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 8,744 times
uhh hi me again....does anyone want to actually give an answer to the question???

thanks a lot to hockeygirl4 though

Old 03-06-2009, 02:00 PM

364 posts, read 862,931 times
I think Hockeygirl4 gave you a good response as far as housing. In response to traffic, that all depends - time of day, route, etc. Las Vegas is a big city and there will always be traffic.

Your concern should be with areas not traffic. The two areas you spoke of are good locations. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:23 PM

2,502 posts, read 7,885,683 times
Green Valley will have a slightly shorter commute than Summerlin.

Neither is an awful drive, though. Vegas has pretty light traffic.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 PM

364 posts, read 862,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
Vegas has pretty light traffic.
Really? Have you been on I-15 or 95 lately? Especially in the mornings or late afternoons? It's not like Los Angeles but I wouldn't exactly call it light traffic. I've been bumper to bumper many times. Even the side roads - Tropicana, Flamingo, Spring Mountain - has its congestion problems (depending on time of day of course).

Again, the traffic depends on time of day and what route is taken.

This brings up a good point - and probably another post - but I would love to see an arterial in the middle of town so that it will be easier criss-crossing the city.

Wasn't there talk about turning Sahara into an arterial like they did for portion of Desert Inn?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 PM

2,404 posts, read 9,526,164 times
i actually think they are doing that for North 5th Street, a section of Sahara, Rancho, Tropicana, and South Rainbow, but I'm not completely sure...they are all probably in the planning stages and the construction will turn the city into a mess...

Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,491,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali-sun View Post
uhh hi me again....does anyone want to actually give an answer to the question???

thanks a lot to hockeygirl4 though
In general the quality of living in any of the apartment complexes is dependent on the management team running the joint. Unfortunately it is customary to randomly change the management team which often takes a nice place straight to hellish. There are a few good ones that the list sometimes recommends to people. However they do not meet your price point.

Your best bet in my mind would be a condo in say Pirates Cove which is a 15 minute commute. If you want to try that drop me a DM and I will send you a set of suitable places.

If you feel you must go short term lease or month to month Camden Breeze has some continuity and is often rated at least as not bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas