U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,728 posts, read 8,215,352 times
Reputation: 1311

Advertisements

But what you don't realize jfk, is that if those seniors can afford to live in Sun City, they won't be worrying too much about losing in the casino or paying the high cost of casino drugs, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
 
197 posts, read 621,289 times
Reputation: 203
We went to the M Last Friday.. place was packed to the walls and hard to find a free machine to play. Food was good and it got even more busy as we were there. Loved the place, and the drink stations.. very nice place and we plan on spending a night there once the hype dies down.. we like to come in to town for the night from Pahrump and try out the new places.

I too have noticed the packed malls and people spending cash all over in Vegas.. if I didn't watch the news I would never know that we were in some kind of dire "recession" here.. every casino I go into still has people packed to the gills playing slots and tables.

That said, Palms was near dead on this Friday night.. I was kind of shocked.. but the rest of Vegas LOOKS Like its booming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,728 posts, read 8,215,352 times
Reputation: 1311
Chinga, that's why us locals can't believe it when someone on here comes around and says LV is a ghost town. The kewlkid is about the only poster who reports his side of town is dead and dying, but the rest of the valley is bustling!

And as far as the Palms goes. Out of all the properties here in the Las Vegas valley, I find that place the least appealing. I've been in there maybe 3 times since it opened and I dislike it even more every time I am there.

There's no decent entertainment in there, no neat shops, no decent buffet, and the restaurants are all over priced.

It's a place to be seen if you're a young kid and want to nightclub I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
13,819 posts, read 24,557,472 times
Reputation: 7615
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
But what you don't realize jfk, is that if those seniors can afford to live in Sun City, they won't be worrying too much about losing in the casino or paying the high cost of casino drugs, lol!
Old people complain about ANYTHING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 33,772,788 times
Reputation: 8976
Downtown was jumping on Fri and Sat....we went down with 97 and 98 % occupancy respectively.... looked like the rest of downtown was the same and the Casino was packed.....

doesnt mean we're rollin in dough but it means we are surviving until it gets better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
 
844 posts, read 1,769,986 times
Reputation: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
And as far as the Palms goes. Out of all the properties here in the Las Vegas valley, I find that place the least appealing.
I agree. I've only been there ONCE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
 
Location: South Strip, NV --> Philly (Fall 2009)
2,404 posts, read 9,527,369 times
Reputation: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
We went to the M Last Friday.. place was packed to the walls and hard to find a free machine to play. Food was good and it got even more busy as we were there. Loved the place, and the drink stations.. very nice place and we plan on spending a night there once the hype dies down.. we like to come in to town for the night from Pahrump and try out the new places.

I too have noticed the packed malls and people spending cash all over in Vegas.. if I didn't watch the news I would never know that we were in some kind of dire "recession" here.. every casino I go into still has people packed to the gills playing slots and tables.

That said, Palms was near dead on this Friday night.. I was kind of shocked.. but the rest of Vegas LOOKS Like its booming.
I went to the movies at the Cannery Saturday night, I've seen much busier theaters, but maybe people are paying for matinees instead since at night it is double the price...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 AM
 
22 posts, read 78,156 times
Reputation: 24
A pharmacy in a casino? What's next - a church?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2009, 05:31 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
13,819 posts, read 24,557,472 times
Reputation: 7615
Casinos = Temples of Chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
 
1,365 posts, read 3,911,666 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparadise View Post
A pharmacy in a casino? What's next - a church?!
In the Riverside in Laughlin, NV. They have church service there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top