U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 PM
 
844 posts, read 1,770,811 times
Reputation: 485

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
some sort of Disneyland of outdoor gear store! Even if we weren't needing to buy anything, we'd go there anyway, just to gawk.
Funny that you mention this... I used to stroll around the Bass Pro Shop in Orlando instead of paying $$$ to see Disney World. It really is a great store to behold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2009, 01:05 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 30,999,596 times
Reputation: 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Big 5 is still around? Wow. I thought they collapsed years ago.
You may be right but they still have an active website listing all the locations in town.

Big 5 Sporting Goods Locations in Las Vegas, NV

I may be confusing them with something else though. What's the one in Best of The West at Rainbow and Lake Mead?

Anyway the poster was asking for an inexpensive sporting goods store and REI is really expensive. You can get some really good deals at Bass Pro Shop though, and it's a lot of fun to just hang out there and watch them faux fish. On the casino entrance side in the aquarium, they put on a pretty interesting underwater display of feeding the stingrays and talking about all the thousands of fish too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 05:26 AM
 
Location: South Strip, NV --> Philly (Fall 2009)
2,404 posts, read 9,530,624 times
Reputation: 625
Big 5 is still definitely around and they've opened up new locations recently, the one in the Best of the West started out as a Sports Chalet, but is now a Sports Authority...Sports Chalet went out of business a few years ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
 
1,962 posts, read 3,752,153 times
Reputation: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
Big 5 is still definitely around and they've opened up new locations recently, the one in the Best of the West started out as a Sports Chalet, but is now a Sports Authority...Sports Chalet went out of business a few years ago...
Definately wrong on that kid. Sport Chalet still has locations on W. Charleston/Rampart, Arroyo Square next to Wal-Mart, and Marks by Costco in Henderson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
 
Location: South Strip, NV --> Philly (Fall 2009)
2,404 posts, read 9,530,624 times
Reputation: 625
omg, sorry, i can't believe i mixed that up, lol, it was Copeland's Sports that closed down not Sports Chalet...and the one at Best of the West did start out as a Copeland's Sports...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 06:05 PM
 
1,962 posts, read 3,752,153 times
Reputation: 1077
It's OK, I only know that because they are clients of mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 30,999,596 times
Reputation: 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
omg, sorry, i can't believe i mixed that up, lol, it was Copeland's Sports that closed down not Sports Chalet...and the one at Best of the West did start out as a Copeland's Sports...
Thanks. I couldn't remember the name of either the original or the one that's there now. And I drive by it all the time, and sometimes even go in. What was the one on the S/E corner of Decatur and Sahara that closed? I liked that one for the bargains. REI is still my favorite. I've got a membership rebate that's burning a hole in my pocket, plus a 20% discount coupon.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste and I'm afraid I'm getting CRS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 30,999,596 times
Reputation: 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
It's OK, I only know that because they are clients of mine
Hmmmm. Golfinnova??? Sports clients??? Lemme see now...

Do you sell golf stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
 
Location: South Strip, NV --> Philly (Fall 2009)
2,404 posts, read 9,530,624 times
Reputation: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Thanks. I couldn't remember the name of either the original or the one that's there now. And I drive by it all the time, and sometimes even go in. What was the one on the S/E corner of Decatur and Sahara that closed? I liked that one for the bargains. REI is still my favorite. I've got a membership rebate that's burning a hole in my pocket, plus a 20% discount coupon.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste and I'm afraid I'm getting CRS.
The one at Sahara/Decatur closed? I haven't been to that corner in at least a year, but that used to be a Sports Authority...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 30,999,596 times
Reputation: 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
The one at Sahara/Decatur closed? I haven't been to that corner in at least a year, but that used to be a Sports Authority...
I'm pretty sure that was was closed the other day when I went by. The one in the Best of The West must be Sports Authority. See this site: Sports Authority - About Us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top