Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:13 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
its good to hear that some restaurants are making business because over here on Saturday night, plenty of restaurants had empty parking lots, maybe everyone is going to Summerlin to eat? lol, this was on South Eastern, but lunch time, places were packed, but for some reason businesses also aren't seeming to fare very well on South Eastern lately...
Just try and walk in any restaurant in Summerlin on a Friday or Saturday or Sunday evening and get seated immediately.

It just ain't gonna happen! And don't even ask me about the PF Changs next to Boca...be prepared to wait OVER an hour to get in that place on a Friday or Saturday or Sunday night. Same thing with Kona Grill, Mimi's and Claim Jumper.

Last edited by MomMom; 03-09-2009 at 03:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
any idea when they are opening the "monster" target at decatur and 215
They said sometime this summer. Last time I went past they looked pretty close.

Went to the new one last week, loved it. They had signs saying opening March 8th, but were open earlier. I always like Target better then Walmart. Just did not like going to the one on Craig. Was very happy this one opened up.

There is a lot of things opening up there Home Depot, Staples, Toys R Us, Babies R Us, Ross, and Pets Mart. Will be nice once they get everything opened.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:26 PM

I see two commercials on tv all the time, new restaurants/fast food.

Chi Chi's and Golden Corral...anyone know where they are?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:32 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
ChiChis? they left Cleveland years ago.. One of their restaurants has been vacant for 10yrs or more...

Old 03-09-2009, 03:35 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
Ohh, I loved Chi Chi. We had them in Pa.

I think, but I may be mistaken. There was a Golden Corral on the east side somewhere. Last time I had them was a couple of years ago, in AZ. Was not as good as I remembered them.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:35 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Golden Corral is a buffet place...probably comparable to the worst buffet you could possibly find in LV.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
ChiChis? they left Cleveland years ago.. One of their restaurants has been vacant for 10yrs or more...
Vacant here in Las Vegas or in Cleveland? I wonder why they are playing their commercials on tv here in Las Vegas?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:57 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
many restaurants advertise out of their market area, Sonic has been doing this for years in the Northeast and finally has opened a location in Pennsylvania, they do this so people will know who the restaurant is when they visit another area or the restaurant finally comes to their area...CiCi's was doing that here for the longest time until they opened up their first location...

Golden Corral doesn't have any locations here and I thought Chi-Chi's closed years ago due to a food borne illness outbreak, are they back again?

Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Vacant here in Las Vegas or in Cleveland? I wonder why they are playing their commercials on tv here in Las Vegas?
vacant in cleveland... they were doing ok until there was a outbreak of some sort (saminella?) it destroyed them...

Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM

515 posts, read 1,179,850 times
FWIW - Target is super invasive of your privacy. For example, they are currently deploying automated license-plate scanning systems to all of their parking lots. Its in the news if you google for it and I've spoken with one of the software developers who worked on the database system behind it.

They also track you by your credit card. Every purchase you make goes into their permanent database linked by credit card number. If you ever use that credit card in their pharmacy they will link your entire purchasing history to your home address and health insurance provider and potentially to your employer if the health insurance plan number you give to the pharmacy is unique to your employer (they typically are).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas