U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:49 PM

2,753 posts, read 5,757,028 times

Advertisements

I went to Goldfield last year with some of my brothers for the installation of officers at the local lodge. Here's a picture of the Goldfield Hotel that I took. I'd hate to work late at that antique shop!

My mom and sister went on that tour. The said that it wasn't that great. There are a couple of interesting that you can buy afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 AM

2,753 posts, read 5,757,028 times
The word that I forgot to insert is books.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 PM

122 posts, read 202,055 times
There's a Big Mansion up next to Sunrise Mountain (Frenchman - whatever) thats boarded up...Not sure about that place but I heard it is haunted, as is the entire Frenchman base going out to Henderson, as lots of homeless people/hikers/other have died there...

Old 10-12-2010, 01:53 PM

9,751 posts, read 21,603,122 times
If I were a ghost, I wouldn't stay where I died. That would be so boring if no one else was there besides me. No, I would go out and bug people. Poke them, tickle them, sneak up in front of them and go BOO!

Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 PM

12,686 posts, read 30,969,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLOUT-NEW-VEGAS-HAHAHA View Post
There's a Big Mansion up next to Sunrise Mountain (Frenchman - whatever) thats boarded up...Not sure about that place but I heard it is haunted, as is the entire Frenchman base going out to Henderson, as lots of homeless people/hikers/other have died there...
I imagine the house you are talking about is Don Reynold's old mansion. He built it long before there was anything else up there but a place to park n spark with your girlfriend, and illegally dump garbage. Reynolds was sole owner of Donrey Media Group, and one of the richest men in America. He had over 50 newspapers all over the country, several TV and radio stations, billboard advertising companies, and an insurance company, among other things. In Las Vegas, he owned the Review Journal which was sold to Stevens Media after Reynolds died, and Ch-3 (then KORK-TV), plus he owned the former KORK radio, as well as Donrey Outdoor, the billboard company. He had a home in every city where he owned a business, and usually kept a car parked there for his own use whenever he was in town, which might be once a year. If he is haunting it, it would only be because he didn't believe you can't take it with you, and he wants it back.

There are all kinds of institutions around Las Vegas, as well as around the country, paid for with Don Reynolds' money, including Reynolds Schools of Journalism at UNLV, UNR, and Mizzou. The new Smith Center being built downtown is a Reynolds legacy, as is the museum at Mount Vernon. George Washington's Mount Vernon - Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center

Old 10-13-2010, 02:01 PM

125 posts, read 225,335 times
Dang, thought this was a thread about commercial haunted houses. I was curious what/where the best one is within say a 100-mile area. Is there one in particular that puts on a decent show each year?

Can remember when I was growing, stood in line for 2+hrs to go through a 15-30 min tour. Was a pretty decent show for $15, maybe 30-40 rooms with hydraulics neat exhibits/skits and whatnot.. but not sure if it was worth freezing my butt for 2 hrs.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,759,682 times
but IT'S a DRY COLD.....

I haven't been to it but my G'son said the one at Binions Last Years was great....

Old 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM

13,819 posts, read 24,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I imagine the house you are talking about is Don Reynold's old mansion. He built it long before there was anything else up there but a place to park n spark with your girlfriend, and illegally dump garbage. Reynolds was sole owner of Donrey Media Group, and one of the richest men in America. He had over 50 newspapers all over the country, several TV and radio stations, billboard advertising companies, and an insurance company, among other things. In Las Vegas, he owned the Review Journal which was sold to Stevens Media after Reynolds died, and Ch-3 (then KORK-TV), plus he owned the former KORK radio, as well as Donrey Outdoor, the billboard company. He had a home in every city where he owned a business, and usually kept a car parked there for his own use whenever he was in town, which might be once a year. If he is haunting it, it would only be because he didn't believe you can't take it with you, and he wants it back.

There are all kinds of institutions around Las Vegas, as well as around the country, paid for with Don Reynolds' money, including Reynolds Schools of Journalism at UNLV, UNR, and Mizzou. The new Smith Center being built downtown is a Reynolds legacy, as is the museum at Mount Vernon. George Washington's Mount Vernon - Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center
All this talk about Reynolds! Call it "The Reynolds Wrap".

Old 10-13-2010, 03:38 PM

9,751 posts, read 21,603,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjudd View Post
Dang, thought this was a thread about commercial haunted houses. I was curious what/where the best one is within say a 100-mile area. Is there one in particular that puts on a decent show each year?

Can remember when I was growing, stood in line for 2+hrs to go through a 15-30 min tour. Was a pretty decent show for $15, maybe 30-40 rooms with hydraulics neat exhibits/skits and whatnot.. but not sure if it was worth freezing my butt for 2 hrs.
There is a local ghost hunting group on meetup.com. They should be getting something together for halloween time.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM

12,686 posts, read 30,969,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
All this talk about Reynolds! Call it "The Reynolds Wrap".
Mr. Reynolds called it a wrap in 1993.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas