U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 11:14 PM

579 posts, read 1,019,095 times
The Sunday Oct. 10th edition of the RJ page 9J talks about this very thing. They were interviewing people from that Ghost Hunters show and they have an upcoming epsiode set at the La Palaza mansion in the Scotch 80's. They also list the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, Fox Ridge Park in Henderson and Oasis Motel on LVBLVD as haunted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 12:04 AM

9,750 posts, read 21,599,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
The Sunday Oct. 10th edition of the RJ page 9J talks about this very thing. They were interviewing people from that Ghost Hunters show and they have an upcoming epsiode set at the La Palaza mansion in the Scotch 80's. They also list the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, Fox Ridge Park in Henderson and Oasis Motel on LVBLVD as haunted.
I don't get the RJ anymore. When is that episode coming up? I watch Ghost Hunters all the time. Would be fun to watch a local one.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 PM

579 posts, read 1,019,095 times
I don't know when the Vegas episode airs, I do NOT watch that show, too chicken$hit.....I'm still having nightmares about the movie Paranormal Activity, but anywho.......

I also found this article mentioning the old MGM fire as ghostly, pretty detailed in some of the deaths, and also that Sunset Park has 2000 bodies still buried, as it used to be a cemetary.......creepy.

Ghost Hunting in Vegas : Living Las Vegas

Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 AM

Ghost hunters is nothing compared to that movie Paranormal activity. That was just a movie. There is no way at all that a ghost could do things like that in real life. They had to add lots of scary drama to it so people would watch it.
Ghost hunters has a lot of comedy in it. Once in awhile something happens that makes it interesting to watch, but I consider it comedy for the most part.

I never knew that about Sunset park. Is there a place to confirm this that it used to be a cemetary?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:00 PM

I posted the query about Sunset park before I read the link. Interesting that there are bodies there. I wonder if tijlover ever see's ghosts when he walks his ferret at night there.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:33 AM

122 posts, read 202,034 times
Well considering all the graffitti on the property, apparently its been infiltrated, squatted in, used as a drug house, and who knows who was raped and killed there...Vegas has stories of death everywhere you go...Even out in the desert between Lake Mead and Vegas.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:19 AM

12,686 posts, read 30,964,098 times
This was in The View today: VIEW NEWS - SOUTHEAST: A Neighborhood Newspaper

Old 02-16-2011, 01:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,591 times
Goodsprings Saloon in Goodsprings, Nevada. I heard a couple of different claims about the place being haunted, or is it? I hear that it is, but I also have heard that the owner, and the folks that work their have "set up" the building so that no Paranormal Researcher goes home disapointed. Fake Sounds, Lights going off and on by themselves etc...... It's either one or the other. Be wary of this place. Even though its a rumor if it's haunted, or not. I would go with the latter, saying that it's not haunted , and possibly the owners are of course making money from this. I have found that any rumor IMO can have some merit to it.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 PM

681 posts, read 4,057,007 times
The MGM fire was not a gas explosion, I read the full detailed report, it was an electrical short in a refrigerated case by the Deli.
Second, I think it's sad that everyone has to place a haunted sticker on someone elses misfortune. Nothing around here is haunted.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:27 PM

815 posts, read 1,749,089 times
Nothing around here is haunted

Primarily because nothing around ANYWHERE is haunted, because ghosts don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas