Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:58 PM

4 posts, read 14,048 times

Advertisements

I am starting a PhD program at UNLV in the fall, and planning to move out to Vegas in early August. I've pretty much decided on renting an apartment in Henderson, since I've heard the areas closer to school are not so safe. (I'm a 25 year old female living alone, so safety is more important than drive time). I've got a little list of potential apartments that I'll be checking out, but it seems like every apartment I look at has a terrible rating on apartmentratings.com. I don't know if these really are crappy places to live, or if it's just that all the angry people rate apartments, but none of the people who have had a good experience. If anyone knows about/lives in any of these apartments, I would greatly appeciate some input.

The list so far:

Camden Commons
Bay Breeze
Broadstone Agave

Are there any other places I should be looking at? I just need one bedroom, and I have a cat. Hoping for somewhere in the $700-850 range. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 PM

7 posts, read 20,536 times
I am also looking for an apartment in the Henderson area. Others I can suggest to you.

Crystal Creek, on Warm Springs Rd. and Galleria Palms on Whitney Ranch Rd.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:17 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
stay away from galleria palms, that place is an absolute ghetto, we lived there 10 years ago, and constant problems, especially with maintenance

crystal creek doesn't sound so bad, just make sure they take pets...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Crystal Creek takes small pets only.
(apartmentguide.com)

Old 06-12-2008, 09:32 AM

30 posts, read 100,558 times
broadstone agave sucks. i would stay away. the entire year i lived there i had problems with their incompetent staff. when i first moved in they told me i owed them a certain amount to move in. i said it seemed a bit low and if they were sure and the property manager said yes it was correct. so i signed the lease moved in and after i paid rent a few days later they sent me a notice saying i owed them an additional $600.

i went to confront them about this bogus notice and they said they made a mistake and that i would have to pay it. i fought it and they made even more mistakes with my paperwork so they just decided to forget it.

their maintenance staff is waaay understaffed and it takes weeks for them to get around to fixing anything...even if its something that takes 5 minutes. my refridgerator broke and it took them 2 weeks to replace it. they didn't even bother cleaning it out...it had mold and other crap all inside it. my washer broke and it took them two weeks 2 weeks for them to even come evaluate it. they told me they would be back the next day to fix it. well they never came so i called the office and it took them an additional week to come and finish the job.

when it came time to move out i was paid until the 15th of october, but i started moving my stuff into my new house on the 1st. had most of my stuff out by 10th...just had to get a bmx bike, some beer in the fridge, and a few power tools. i go to my apartment to get the last of my stuff on the 11th and i find the apartments remodeling crew in there tearing my apartment up to remodel it! i asked them why they were in my apartment when i did not give them permission. i also asked them where my stuff was and they told me the apartment was empty. BS. i had some strong words with the apartment management and they said they would pay me out for the remaining days and pay me back for the STOLEN items, but it would come from their companies home office and it would take a few weeks.

i get the check a few weeks later and it was just for my security deposit and the days payed out....no money for my $300 bmx bike or power tools.

stay away from this place if you want to avoid a headache

Old 06-12-2008, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 14,048 times
Awesome, thank you all! That's exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to know. I will continue the search for something better...

Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM

23 posts, read 69,675 times
If you don't expect much,Crystal Creek isn't too bad. There are better places in the area though.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:57 AM

79 posts, read 458,601 times
Default Henderson

Hiya,

I have a small condo in henderson..it's in a great location It's called Big Horne at Black Mountain. It's got a great community near food stores etc etc. try there, not sure if there are many up for rent. try a local realtor or rental agent.

Good Luck

GinnyGin UK

Old 06-17-2008, 09:27 PM

322 posts, read 1,270,769 times
I am in Camden Fairways. I am not sure that its worth what I pay in rent, but it dosnt suck.......

Old 06-18-2008, 12:12 AM

13 posts, read 44,797 times
Hi there...my gf and I just moved to the Palladium Apartments that are right on the border of southeast LV and Henderson. It is located right off the 515/95/93 and Russell. It is the perfect location with everything very nearby. The freeway is a hop, skip, and a jump and you can be on your way to campus which is about two or three exits away.
The apartment is a Picerne Property. It is brand new and have just recently opened within the past month or two. We both have a 1 bedroom with plenty of space and am loving where we live. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas