U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 AM

450 posts, read 1,348,256 times

Advertisements

I'm a fairly new resident here in LV, but I just went with my visiting friend last week to the Fontana Bar at the Bellagio, and it was the best view of the fountain show that I've ever seen! Granted, the view from the street/sidewalk in front is good if you've never seen it, but it was as if we were standing under the fountains when they were shooting up in front of us. There was no cover charge to go into the bar, and they have a band playing inside, and then a small heated patio outside.

Lots of free things to see while here, flamingo habitat at the Flamingo, lions at MGM, huge fish tanks at Mirage, Mandalay Bay, and Caesars Forum shops, volcano at the mirage, pirate show at TI..

In all the years I've visited LV, there are still things I'm seeing for the first time actually living here. It's A LOT of walking though, so bring good sneakers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 3,944 times
Copy pasting this from another message board.. I'm going soon and I was looking for info:

Best of the free spectacles
Fountains of Bellagio
Fremont Street Experience
Masquerade Show in the Sky - Rio
Volcano - Mirage
Lion Habitat - MGM Grand
Aquarium - SIlverton
Atlantis & Festival Fountains - Caesars Palace
Sirens of TI
Big Elvis - Bill's Gamblin Hall

Inexpensive attractions
Stratosphere Tower & Rides
Madame Tussauds
Shark Reef - Mandalay Bay

Inexpensive Shows
Mac King - Harrah's
Xtreme Magic - Tropicana

Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM

13,819 posts, read 24,548,281 times
Please add the Ethel M Chocolate factory & Cactus Garden to the above

Old 03-16-2009, 10:50 AM

8,710 posts, read 10,140,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
if you do a cirque show, i do not recommend zumanity.. also you can go to Anthony Curtis' Las Vegas Advisor - Home: Las Vegas, Las Vegas Hotels, Las Vegas Coupons and become a member.. if you pay the $50, you get a coupon book that it well worth the investment (hotel, buffet discounts, etc)

My sister has seen many cirque shows and she said the same thing. She did not care for zumanity, neither did her BF. She LOVED Love and Mystere though.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 PM

252 posts, read 817,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypinkopal View Post
Hello. Are there any restaurants that are a must - not touristy? Red Rock? Which Circque De Soleil show do you recomend - there are two?
If you like Thai food, Lotus of Siam is a must. Less than a mile off the strip, I certainly would not describe it as touristy. One of the few places you can get Northern Thai cuisine.

Red Rock Canyon would definitely be on my list of must-see things. Even if you don't go into the park ($5 fee for the 13-mile scenic loop), check out Calico Basin (free). It's so beautiful out there.

There are bunch of Cirque shows - Love, O, Mystere, Believe, Zumanity, Ka... i think i might be forgetting one or two. Zumanity is the "sexy" show, Love is performed to Beatles music, Believe is the Chriss Angel one (very expensive and I heard it is awful), Ka actually has a storyline and has sort of a martial arts theme, O is constantly lauded as the must-see of the cirque shows. So far, I have only seen Ka, which I really enjoyed, and it is one of the cheaper ones.

Last edited by dr.gomonas; 03-16-2009 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: b/c prepositions are a good thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or