U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 AM

316 posts, read 454,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is not uncommon in very well off homes. If you can afford it you just replaice the carpet every other year. I would always tile the loo room. But the rest of the master bath can be worked. Remember really fancy homes have his and her masters and they may be done quite differently.
I dunno, just seems a waste to deliberately put down a floor covering that will hold water in a room that tends to get steamy.

Quote:
My favorite is a lady who liked to cook who replaced the very nice traventine in the rest of her house with vinyl in the kitchen. Said the hard surfacr was bad for her legs. Not so dumb though. Had a kit in the garage to build out her kitchen if she sold and the new owner wanted it.
Actually, I can see that - it makes sense. Good vinyl tile can be very easy on standing for long periods.

Quote:
We have enough limestone in reserve to finish our central hall and guest bath if we ever decide too.
Where I come from, limestone is the most common stone material - I miss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM

100 posts, read 173,146 times
I've been looking online at houses for sale for a couple of months now and in the foreclosures I've seen: all the carpet ripped out, holes in the walls, drywall and plumbing completely removed, kitchen sinks missing, all appliances missing, toilets and vanities missing, paint thrown on the walls and carpet, entire kitchens stripped of all appliances AND cabinets AND plumbing. I guess it just pisses some folks off when they get booted out of their house, go figure!

Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 PM

15,756 posts, read 21,080,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLudi View Post
I've been looking online at houses for sale for a couple of months now and in the foreclosures I've seen: all the carpet ripped out, holes in the walls, drywall and plumbing completely removed, kitchen sinks missing, all appliances missing, toilets and vanities missing, paint thrown on the walls and carpet, entire kitchens stripped of all appliances AND cabinets AND plumbing. I guess it just pisses some folks off when they get booted out of their house, go figure!
Looked at 3 yesterday. Around 100,000. Two were move in able. Though one had all the appliances removed. None of the three had any substantial damage.

Looked at close to fifty houses in the lower range in the last two months. Maybe two had any significant damage. And we tried to buy one of those and got outbid.

You are looking at the wrong houses.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:48 PM

100 posts, read 173,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Looked at 3 yesterday. Around 100,000. Two were move in able. Though one had all the appliances removed. None of the three had any substantial damage.

Looked at close to fifty houses in the lower range in the last two months. Maybe two had any significant damage. And we tried to buy one of those and got outbid.

You are looking at the wrong houses.
Don't get me wrong, most of the houses I've seen online and from my Realtor have been pretty much okay, (ya know, a little Spackle and paint and you're good to go). It's just every once in awhile I run into one that well, let's just say the former occupants had some issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas